Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

pka said, "Maybe the putt on 9. That wasnt very go...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

pka said, "Maybe the putt on 9. That wasnt very good." They trade

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/01 06:26AM
Latest post: 2014/10/01 06:26AM, Views: 272, Posts: 1
pka said, "Maybe the putt on 9. That wasnt very good." They trade
#1   2014/10/01 06:26AM
wff0605
OAKLAND, Calif. Michael kors Handbags Black Friday 2014 . -- Wei-Yin Chens longest start of his career was his most dominant. Chen, a Taiwan national, pitched eight stellar innings, giving up only two hits to help the Baltimore Orioles beat the Oakland Athletics 3-0 on Friday night. "Not physically, but mentally, I think this is probably the best start I have had in the Major Leagues," Chen said through an interpreter. "I had a really good feeling today and I felt strong today." Jim Johnson completed the three-hitter by getting the final three outs for his ninth save. The Orioles have won seven of their last nine games while the As have dropped seven of eight. Chen was brilliant, not allowing a runner to reach third base. He struck out five and walked two. The eight innings pitched eclipsed Chens previous longest outing of 7 2-3 innings on May 10 against Texas last season. "He (Chen) had (only) two or three three-ball counts all night. We retired their first batter in all nine innings and that is big," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "He (Chen) had good command of his fastball the whole night on both sides of the plate. He was a difference-maker." The Orioles broke a scoreless tie in the seventh inning as J.J. Hardy lead off against Tommy Milone (3-2) with a single that As right-fielder Josh Reddick bobbled for an error allowing Hardy to go to second. After an out, Steve Pearce drove him in with a sharply hit ball past diving As shortstop Adam Rosales. "He (Milone) pitched a really good game.he was changing speeds well and hitting his spots," said Pearce, who went 2-for-3 on the night with a double to go along with his RBI-single. "He just left a couple of pitches up and I was able to get extended and get good wood on it." Baltimore added two runs in the ninth against Oakland reliever Ryan Cook on an error and sacrifice fly. The As had a season-high three errors. "When you are in close games like that -- defensive miscues end up really costing you," As manager Bob Melvin said. "Its maddening for us." Milone gave up six hits and struck out five while allowing the unearned run. The Orioles had chances early but Milone worked out of trouble. "We always feel good when Tommy takes the mound," Melvin said. "Tonight, when you struggle to get hits and dont score runs - he keeps you in the game." Chen was hitting his spots with his fastball and his off-speed stuff. He threw 106 pitches in the eight innings, 68 for strikes. "You could tell he (Chen) had a good feel for the ball tonight," Showalter said. "He had a good rhythm for everything he was doing." Notes: It was the first three-error game for the As this season. . Injured Oakland slugger Yoenis Cespedes (hand) went 2-for-3 with a three-run homer and a walk in his second rehab game on Friday night with Triple-A Sacramento. As manager Bob Melvin said Cespedes was scheduled to play in the field on Friday night, DH on Saturday and, if all goes well, will be activated on Sunday. ... The As are slated to send A.J. Griffin (2-1, 4.50) to the mound on Saturday to face Orioles starting pitcher Chris Tillman (0-1, 5.23). Griffin has never faced the Orioles. Tillman has one previous career start against the As (May 27, 2011), allowing one earned run and six hits in 4.1 innings. ... The Orioles have not won a season series against the As since 1998. ... The As celebrated the 40th anniversary of the clubs 1973 World Series title -- the second of three consecutive championships -- on Friday before the game with an autograph session for fans. The celebration will continue before Saturdays game with a pre-game on-field reunion honouring the members of the 1973. . Jair Jurrjens pitched six strong innings to become the first 10-game winner in the NL and the Braves had eight extra-base hits in a 10-1 victory over the San Diego Padres on Saturday night. [url=http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/]cheap nfl jerseys . Louis Cardinals rallied for a 3-2 win over the New York Mets in a Grapefruit League game. The Cardinals trailed 2-0 heading to the bottom of the third, but Jon Jay ripped an RBI double in the inning to get them on the board and Matt Carpenter added an RBI double in the sixth to tie the game. Cheap NFL Jerseys . -- Jurgen Melzer is playing so well again that not even a broken toe could slow him down. . Gasol confirmed his availability for the defending champion on Wednesday after missing last years World Championship in Turkey, where Spain finished sixth.SAN MARTIN, Calif. -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. A yellow "Masters 2014" flag. It was a not-so-subtle reminder that the Frys.com Open is no longer a Fall Series event for players to chase their tour cards at the end of the year, but the start of the PGA Tours new 2013-14 season that comes with all the perks. And it was a reminder to Walker that he gets to go places where he always felt he belonged. In his eighth season and his 188th tournament -- and with a little help from 23-year-old Brooks Koepka -- Walker won a back-nine duel Sunday by making a 6-foot birdie putt on the 15th hole and closing with three pars for a 5-under 66. That was more than enough for the 34-year-old Texan to win by two shots. "This was the final stepping stone," said Walker, who has played on more tours than he can remember to get to the big leagues. It turned out to be a learning experience for Koepka, who had a four-shot lead with 11 holes remaining until he began missing short putts, all of them to the left. It started with a 3-foot par putt that he missed on the ninth hole. The most significant was a 6-foot birdie attempt on the 15th hole that would have matched birdies with Walker in the group ahead and regained a share of the lead. Koepka bogeyed the next two holes and closed with a 72 to tie for third. "Things just werent going my way," Koepka said. "I just didnt make the shots I needed to win. Congrats to Jimmy on that. He played very well. But just try to learn from the whole experience. Any time you can put yourself in that kind of pressure, its always good. It you take something from it, thats even better." Walker finished at 17-under 267 and cracked the top 50 in the world ranking for the first time. David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., finished at nine under after firing a final-round 68. Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont., (72) ended the tournament well back at 1 under. Vijay Singh closed with a 68 and wound up with the 27th runner-up finish of his Hall of Fame career, and his best result since he sued the PGA Tour in May over its procedure in investigating Singhs admission that he used deer antler spray. Koepka tied for third with Kevin Na (64), Puerto Rico winner Scott Brown (64) and Hideki Matsuyama, the 21-year-old Japanese star who has joined the PGA Tour. Matsuyama, who played in the Presidents Cup last week, birdied his last three holes for a 66. Along with the Masters, Walker also gets to go to Maui in January for the Tournament of Champions, another place he has never been, and he is assured a spot in the PGA Championship for only the fourth time in his career. "I felt like I was good enough to be in them, play in them," Walker ssaid. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys. . "Theres always this big pressure to get into Augusta, and I would press here, press there. You want to be playing in the big stuff. Thats what Im aspiring to do -- play against the worlds best." It wont be his first trip to Augusta National. Club member Paul Sarvadi invited Walker and his father about five years ago, one of Walkers favourite memories even in the chill of winter and a light rain. His father, a scratch golfer who once shot 60, birdied three of the par 5s. Walker shot 72 one day, and played the back nine in 35. "A cool experience," he called it. Koepka was playing on a sponsors exemption that he received without asking. Tournament officials identified him as a potential star when he started the year with no status on any tour, and then won three times on the Challenge Tour to earn his European Tour card. He qualified for the British Open the day after his third Challenge Tour win. He was between stops in Scotland and Shanghai, and now his plans are slightly altered. Koepkas finish gets him into Las Vegas next week before he goes back to the European Tour for the BMW Masters in China. Billy Hurley III closed with a 68 and NCAA champion Max Homa from Cal birdied two of the last three holes to tie for ninth. That gets them in Las Vegas. Koepka won all of his Challenge Tour events in Europe with the 54-hole lead, experience he figured could only help. For eight holes, he was on the verge of running away from the field. He rammed in a 45-foot birdie putt on the sixth hole to reach 17 under, and when Singh in group ahead three-putted the seventh for bogey from about the same range, Koepka had a four-shot lead. It was gone in four holes. Koepka had about a 15-foot birdie putt from the collar of the par-5 ninth green that went about 3 feet by the hole. But the stroke on his par putt looked a little quick, and it caught the left lip and spun out for a bogey. On the par-3 11th, he pulled a 6-foot par putt. That dropped him into a tie for the lead with Walker, who was in the group ahead and had made a 15-foot birdie on the eighth and a two-putt birdie from long range on the ninth. Asked if there was a putt that unsettled him, Koepka said, "Maybe the putt on 9. That wasnt very good." They traded birdies -- Koepka with a 3-footer on the par-5 12th, Walker with a 30-foot putt from the fringe on the 13th, setting the stage for the decisive stretch at CordeValle -- the par-5 15th that could be reached in two, the par-4 17th that played 297 yards over the water. And thats where it was decided. "I cant get too down on this week," Koepka said. "I know Ill be criticized. But this year has been amazing. This week I played well. It happens to the best of them." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes