Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

off an emotional and physically draining win, when...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

off an emotional and physically draining win, when we needed the pu

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/01 06:26AM
Latest post: 2014/10/01 06:26AM, Views: 283, Posts: 1
off an emotional and physically draining win, when we needed the pu
#1   2014/10/01 06:26AM
wff0605
This isnt the first time Todd McLellan has been concussed, but getting knocked out by an errant high-stick to the head during a Feb. Michael kors Black Friday Deals . 26 game against Minnesota has definitely altered the way the San Jose Shark head coach views concussions. "I guess you could say I was pretty old school when it came to concussions," McLellan told TSN yesterday. "You know, get a concussion, shake it off, get back in the game as soon as you can. This (being concussed) has really shown me you cant play through this. If I had to play a game right now, theres no just way, not even close. I would say I have a much better understanding of this (concussion) issue than before." As it is, McLellan expects to be behind the bench for the Sharks tonight when they take on the Edmonton Oilers. But until he actually gets behind the bench, absorbs the racous noise and bright lights of an NHL game and deals with the speed of the game unfolding before him, he still isnt 100 per cent certain how hell react. "I am feeling much better and I think Im good to go," he said, "but well have to see how it is during a game." McLellan was concussed a week ago Sunday. All last week, he experienced the classic symptoms of concussion -- headaches, nausea, motion sickness, a sense of detachment from his body and everything feeling as though it was moving really slowly or too quickly. "I told my kids its like when I was a kid driving in the car with my Dad and we would come up to a railway crossing and you would get stopped as the train whipped by," he said. "If you looked at the (rail) cars going by so fast, you would disoriented and you werent sure if the car was moving or not. Its been like that for me. Nothing is moving at the speed its supposed to be moving at." This isnt the first time McLellan has been concussed. He recalls having one in junior hockey when he wound up on the losing side of a fight. "But I dont recall the symptoms being as severe as they are this time," he said. McLellan thought last Friday he was well enough to run practice, so he did. He felt sick and disoriented after that. He wasnt able to be behind the bench on Saturday night. Yesterday, he gave practice another shot and felt much better in the wake of that, feeling encouraged enough to pronounce himself fit to be behind the bench tonight. Hes also been consulting with Edmonton Oiler head coach Tom Renney, who will be on the opposing team bench tonight. Renney was recently concussed when struck in the head by a puck during practice. Renney also missed some time. "Its good to talk to someone whos been through it," McLellan said. "Hopefully, the worst is behind me now." wholesale jerseys . -- Bill OBrien took the podium, looked straight ahead and uttered the kind of words you would expect from someone who had just been introduced as Penn States new head football coach. . Johns N.L., 6-4 in Draw 9 of the Players Championship curling event. McEwen grabbed a 4-3 lead with one in the fourth before Gushue responded with a single of his own in the sixth. [url=http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/]http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/ . Pau Gasol had 23 points and 17 rebounds, and injury-riddled Los Angeles used its sixth different starting point guard of the season in a 110-99 victory over the Utah Jazz on Friday night. . Wenger took part in his first training session in Montreal on Saturday but returned to school immediately after the session. Ahead of Januarys MLS SuperDraft in Kansas City, the versatile Wenger made it known that he wanted to finish his studies at Duke rather than go straight into full-time professional soccer. [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_place_to_pi... jerseys . The 32-year-old from Lachute, Que., attacked from the back to jump from 56th to ninth after the first run and then finish 18th overall, with his teammate Mike Janyk of Whistler, B.C., close behind him in 21st. Cousineaus standout performance represented a huge personal victory after two difficult years in which he first battled back from injury and then was unable to qualify for a second run in a World Cup race.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Patrick Marleau has played 1,076 games in the NHL, yet he still gets a charge out of seeing a puck on the end of his stick and an almost vacant net. Marleau scored off a rebound with 2:57 left to lead San Jose to a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night, extending the Sharks point streak to eight games. "You dream of those, thats for sure," he said of his game-winner. Ryane Clowe also had a goal for the Sharks, who are 6-0-1 in the new year and 6-0-2 in their last eight games. Thomas Greiss had 25 saves to beat the Blue Jackets for the second time in his only two starts since Dec. 3. He also defeated Columbus by the same score in San Jose on Jan. 5. But about all anyone wanted to talk about in the Sharks dressing room was a vicious shoulder-to-head hit by the Blue Jackets Dane Byers on San Joses Andrew Desjardins three minutes into the second period. A groggy Desjardins had to be helped to the dressing room. Brad Winchester jumped to Desjardins defence and fought Byers, who was handed a match penalty. Desjardins did not return to the ice, but later said he was feeling better. "I feel for Dezzie," coach Todd McLellan said. "Hes really starting to fit in and play real well for our team. Hes getting more penalty-kill time and is a very competitive guy. To see him get hit like that, thats exactly what we want to eliminate from the game -- exactly." The Sharks had nearly scored with 3:20 left in regulation when Jamie McGinn fed Torrey Mitchell, who appeared to have an empty net in front of him. But the puck scooted wide. Seconds later, Dan Boyle slid a quick pass to Joe Pavelski, who carried the puck over the blue line and muscled a shot on Columbus goalie Curtis Sanford. Sanford deflected it to the left wing where Marleau pounced on it for his 17th of the year -- and 374th of his career. "A good play by Pav, and Boyler to hit him going up the ice," Marleau said. "I was just in the right spot at the right time, I guess." Greiss was effective all night, despite not seeing much action lately. He was making only his second start since he gave up five goals on 35 shots in a 5-3 loss to Florida on Dec. 3. Antti Niemi started the next 13 games before Greiss gave up just one goal on 23 shots in the 2-1 win over the Blue Jackets earlier this month. "Greiss was very good. His last two starts, both aggainst Columbus, have been exceptional," McLellan said. cheap jerseys. "It makes us feel very good heading into this busy stretch." The Sharks, now 18-1-3 when leading after two periods, broke a scoreless duel with a power-play goal at 14:59 of the second period. Brent Burns hard, high slap shot from the right point pinged off the far post, with Pavelski and Logan Couture scrambling to get to the loose puck. Couture got there first and was able to chip the puck toward the goal mouth from the left goal line. Clowe was there to reach back with his stick waist-high to jam it into the net. Clowe hadnt scored a goal since the last time the teams met, a 2-1 victory at home for San Jose on Jan. 5. Sanford pointed his stick at Clowe instantly after the goal, hoping the official would call a high stick. "You feel when youre sticks too high," Clowe said after scoring his ninth of the year. "I knew it was either at the crossbar or below. I knew right away that it was good." Burns stretched his points streak to four games, during which he has three assists and a goal, while Couture has points in the last three games after notching goals in the previous two. Rick Nash, scoring his fourth goal in four games, evened it for Columbus at 6:53 of the third with a lethal snap shot from the top of the left circle that sneaked just inside the far post. "He put it in a good spot," Greiss said with a laugh. A night after picking up his first win as the Blue Jackets interim head coach (Columbus fired second-year coach Scott Arniel on Monday), Todd Richards was tagged with his first home loss. "Im disappointed with the result, losing a game, but happy with the way the guys played," Richards said. "We had to overcome a lot of obstacles in the game. Having played last night and coming off an emotional and physically draining win, when we needed the push in the third we got as much as we could. Unfortunately, they made one more play than we did." NOTES: The Sharks won 2-0 at Winnipeg on Thursday night, then flew into Columbus. McLellan sat in the press box and watched the Blue Jackets beat the Phoenix Coyotes on Friday night, 4-3. ... That win was Columbus first regulation home win since Nov. 25. ... The Blue Jackets claimed LW Colton Gillies off waivers from the Minnesota Wild earlier on Saturday. He will likely make his debut on Tuesday night at home against Edmonton. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes