Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e first or second round," said Yang, who became th...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e first or second round," said Yang, who became the first Asian to w

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/01 06:26AM
Latest post: 2014/10/01 06:26AM, Views: 257, Posts: 1
e first or second round," said Yang, who became the first Asian to w
#1   2014/10/01 06:26AM
wff0605
TORONTO -- Pat Onstad, a former Canadian international goalie and Toronto FC chief scout, has joined the Columbus Crew as an assistant coach. jerseys from china . The 43-year-old Onstad left Toronto in the fall when Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, cleaned out the front office. The Crew also named Rob Maaskant an assistant on head coach Gregg Berhalters staff. "Both of todays hires make our club stronger heading into the 2014 season," Berhalter, who is also the clubs sporting director, said in a statement Friday. "Pat is very professional in how he approaches the game, and he brings versatility to his new role. He has great league experience and a winning pedigree, and those are attributes that attracted us to bringing him onboard. Rob brings a wealth of experience to the table and tactical knowledge to the first team from his career across Europe. Hes also going to be a strong resource for our club." In other MLS news Friday, former Vancouver coach Tom Soehn joined the New England Revolution as an assistant coach. Onstad played professionally for 25 years before briefly retiring and joining D.C. United as an assistant coach. Injuries created a hole in goal and the Canadian returned to action as a player-coach in 2011. He returned to coaching in 2011 before joining Toronto FC as chief scout and manager of football partnerships for Toronto FC in January 2013. "Pat is good teacher. As an assistant coach, hes going to be involved in multiple facets of our technical operations," said Berhalter. "Obviously with his extensive experience at the goalkeeper position hes going to work closely with our keepers and make sure theyre ready for 2014. I know hes excited to work with our guys and they will benefit from his knowledge." Onstad, a Vancouver native, earned 57 caps for Canada. Maaskant played in Scotland and the Netherlands. He has coached most recently in Belarus but has also worked in the Net Most recently, Maaskant arrives from a coaching stint at Belarusian side Dinamo Minsk. Soehn joined the Vancouver Whitecaps in January 2010 as director of soccer operations in advance of the team joining MLS in 2011. Soehn took over as coach in May 2011 after Teitur Thordarson was let go during the inaugural MLS season. In 2012, he returned to his post of director of soccer operations before leaving in May that year by mutual consent. "Im very excited to add Tom to our staff," Revolution head coach Jay Heaps said in a statement. "He brings a tremendous amount of experience in MLS -- as a successful assistant coach, head coach and team executive -- which will prove valuable to the Revolution. Tom was someone I very much respected as both a player and an opposing coach, and were excited to get him working with the team and the staff this weekend." Soehn has also served as an assistant coach with the Chicago Fire and D.C. United, where he was promoted to head coach in December 2006. . -- Two days after a victory that for this franchise was downright historic, the Detroit Lions are facing another dose of adversity. [url=http://www.nflcheapjerseywholesalechina.com/]nfl jerseys china . Miles Plumlee and rookie Dionte Christmas, 3 for 4 on 3-pointers, added 14 points each. Starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was 0 for 3 in 7 minutes, was the only one of Phoenixs 16 players who did not score. cheap nfl jerseys . Members of that Arizona team will gather this weekend to commemorate the 10th anniversary of that seven-game triumph, a series acclaimed as one of the most dramatic in history, one that ended with Luis Gonzalezs ninth-inning single off Mariano Rivera, a base hit that barely made it to the outfield grass. Cheap NFL Jerseys Black Friday . Chase Utley hit a three-run homer and drove in four, Halladay tossed six effective innings and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 6-4 on Tuesday night.HONG KONG -- Alvaro Quiros of Spain shot a 3-under 67 Saturday to hold a one-shot lead after the third round of the Hong Kong Open, while joint overnight leader Rory McIlroy fell three strokes behind. Quiros had three birdies in a flawless round for a 10-under total of 200, one shot ahead of Swedens Peter Hanson, who recovered from an early bogey to shoot 65. McIlroy shared the lead with the 28-year-old Quiros after both of the first two rounds, but the U.S. Open champion needed two late birdies to scramble for a 70. "I have held the lead going into the last round three times in my career and won twice, so the statistics are in my favour," Quiros said. "But this golf course is different, it is tight and anything can happen." McIlroy had a bad start with bogeys on the fourth and fifth holes, but made up for it with birdies on No. 13 and 17. "I didnt have anything out there. Mentally Im not up to it and little things were starting to agitate me," McIlroy said. "But Im not out of it, sttill just three shots behind. [url=http://www.shopjerseyssaints.com/73-black-jahri-evans-elite-home-jersey-nik... Jahri Evans Elite Youth Jersey[/url]. If I can get off to a decent start, I will be able to put some pressure on the leaders." Hanson put himself in contention with the help of some good putting, while South Korean Y.E. Yang also shot a 65 to put himself another stroke back in a tie for third with Pariya Junhasavasdikul of Thailand, who carded 67. "Im in a good position, better than being ahead in the first or second round," said Yang, who became the first Asian to win a major at the 2009 PGA Championship. John Daly, playing in his first tournament since walking off the course at the Australian Open two weeks ago, shot a 67 to move to 1-under for the tournament. Daly began with a 74 in the first round, but recovered with a 68 on Friday. "The first day was just about survival with the strong winds, but the last two days could have been better or it could have been worse. Im just hanging in there," Daly said. "Making the cut here has showed a lot about myself." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes