Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

o TDs) has been the clubs leading pass catcher. "W...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

o TDs) has been the clubs leading pass catcher. "Were looking f

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/01 06:26AM
Latest post: 2014/10/01 06:26AM, Views: 314, Posts: 1
o TDs) has been the clubs leading pass catcher. "Were looking f
#1   2014/10/01 06:26AM
wff0605
WACO, Texas -- Taurean Prince and the No. cheap jerseys . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. They then got on quite a roll. Prince came off the bench and scored 10 of his 16 points in the go-ahead run as the Bears went on to an 81-55 victory over Oral Roberts on Monday night "We just knew we had to get it going. You get down too much, its hard to come back against any team," Prince said. "We just stayed strong defensively, sticking to our principles. We found a way to get the lead going into the second half, and then we came out with a bang in the second half. The Bears (11-1), playing for the first time in eight days, fell behind 7-0 while missing their first six shots. They finally scored when Kenny Chery hit a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 14:13 left in the first half. "After the Christmas break, youre always a little nervous about getting about getting back into a routine. The first 5 minutes of the game validated why were nervous," coach Scott Drew said. "We couldnt throw it in the ocean. We werent really moving, werent active. Then we played 35 minutes of very good basketball." Shawn Glover had 22 points to lead Oral Roberts (6-7), which has lost four of five games heading into its Southland Conference opener at home Thursday night against Houston Baptist. Denell Henderson had 16 points. Cory Jefferson had 17 points for Baylor after not scoring in the first half. Isaiah Austin had 15 points while Rico Gathers had 10 points and 10 rebounds. The Bears have won 11 in a row at home, and 16 of 17 games overall in a stretch when their only loss is to second-ranked Syracuse in Hawaii last month. They are 35-5 in December games since 2007-08. Baylor still has one more home game, Friday night against Savannah State, before opening Big 12 play Jan. 7 at Iowa State. Oral Roberts had a 7-0 lead after Hendersons three-point play just less than 4 minutes into the game. "I told my team that Ive been coaching 15 years, especially the last 12 or 13 years, there have been very few games where weve been run out of the gym," Golden Eagles coach Scott Sutton said. "Tonight, thats what happened. Baylors a very good team. I thought they played well tonight and our guys didnt. We just did a terrible job." With the sixth-ranked Baylor football team in Arizona preparing to play No. 15 UCF on Wednesday night in the Fiesta Bowl, the Bears first Bowl Championship Series appearance, the band, cheerleader and a lot of the university staff were absent from the Ferrell Center on Monday night. Jefferson had two fouls in his 5 minutes before halftime, when he didnt take a shot or get a rebound. He finally scored only a putback dunk with 17:33 left, and added another less than a minute later with a highlight windmill on an assist from Gary Franklin. "I wanted to make a statement in the second half and just come out and just go after everything," Jefferson said. "Just the fact I had horrible first half, I wanted to change that and completely turn it around." The Golden Eagles also had some foul problems. Korey Billbury picked up three fouls with 8 1/2 minutes left in the first half, and 7-footer Jorden Kaufman had three fouls just 3 minutes after that. During the early Prince-led run, Glover had the only basket for the Golden Eagles. He also ended that spurt with his dunk with just less 6 minutes left, though Baylor led 36-25 at halftime. "Theyre so long and athletic, its hard to get good, clean looks at the basket. I thought we hung around for a while, but in the second half, they ran us out of the gym," Sutton said. "Thats whats disappointing. I dont think our guys competed, especially on the defensive end like we should have." . Nova Scotias Queen of curling, Colleen Jones, will be back with her old rink with Kim Kelly, Mary Anne Arsenault and in a way Nancy Delahunt. This group captured five Scotties titles and two World championships from 1999 – 2004. [url=http://www.shopjerseyssaints.com/12-lights-out-black-marques-colston-game-j... Out Marques Colston Game Mens Jersey . Eakins, who has been with the Toronto Marlies since 2009 and has two years left on his three-year AHL deal, has received plenty of interest so far from the Canucks, New York Rangers and Dallas Stars, as well as the Edmonton Oilers for an associate coaching position. http://www.wholesalejerseysnfl.us.co... . The Predators announced Thursday that Rinne was set for arthroscopic surgery later in the day. Rinne had surgery on his left hip May 9 and recovered in time to start the season. [url=http://www.shopjerseystexans.com/14-white-ryan-fitzpatrick-limited-road-jer... Ryan Fitzpatrick Limited Mens Jersey . The Braves on Monday announced plans to honour Jones in a pregame ceremony Sept. 28 before they open a series against the New York Mets. Michael kors Black Friday Deals . Oleksiak, who also signed on to play with Saginaw in the Ontario Hockey League this week, was taken 14th overall by the Dallas Stars in the NHL Entry Draft last month. The 67", 240 pound native of Toronto played for the NCAAs Northeastern University Huskies last season, scoring four goals and 13 points in 38 games as a freshman.MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- For Steven Jyles and the Toronto Argonauts, their game Saturday night against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats is for much more than just bragging rights. A win would move Toronto (3-9) to within four points of third-place Hamilton (6-6) in the East Division with another head-to-head matchup remaining. Conversely, a loss would drop the Argos eight points behind the Ticats and all but squash their playoff aspirations. You can watch the game on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 7pm et/4pm pt. Both teams would still have five regular-season games remaining, leaving the Argos still mathematically in playoff contention even with a loss. But they wouldnt control their own destiny and need not only to win out but also have Hamilton lose all of its contests to make the East Division playoffs. A loss Saturday would also drastically damage the Argos already precarious crossover chances. "This is a must-win for us to stay in the hunt," Jyles said. "We have to win, we cant fall behind another game to anyone." The two teams come in on winning notes. Toronto edged Winnipeg 25-24 at Rogers Centre while Hamilton dispatched Calgary 55-36 in Moncton, N.B. But Jyles wasnt especially happy about his performance against the Bombers, completing 11-of-20 passes for 88 yards with a touchdown and three interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown. "We knew we had to take Winnipegs front out of the game because theyre great pass rushers and we knew if we tried to drop back 30 times they were going to be successful getting to the quarterback," Jyles said. "But overall having just 80-some passing yards is an insult. "I took that seriously because you come off the bench and throw for more than 80-some yards. For me to play four quarters and have only 80-some yards passing, that had me very upset." Saturdays game is also a significant one for Hamilton, which enters weekend action just four points behind first-place Winnipeg (8-4) and two behind Grey Cup-champion Montreal (7-5). With a win, the Ticats would not only clinch the season series with Toronto but also keep within striking distance of the Bombers and Als. And thats important, considering Hamiltons next two games after Toronto are against Winnipeg and Montreal. Predictably, theres been no shortage of trash talk between the two rivals, although most has come from Toronto. Linebacker Erijo Kuale got the rhetoric going moments after the win over Winnipeg by guaranteeing a victory over Hamilton. Toronto tailback Cory Boyd threw more gas on the fire by suggesting hell run for 200 yards against Hamilton. "Players are going to say what players say," said Argos coach/GM Jim Barker. "When EJ guaranteed a win, it was no disrespect to Hamilton, he just believes in the guys around him and I dont have any problem with that. "I know what kind of game we have to play and I know our guys understand the immportance of it. cheap jerseys from china. All the trash talk is great for you guys (media) but I dont believe it carries one ounce with players because they trash-talk to each other all the time anyway on this twitter stuff." The Argos bold statements, indeed, have beaded off the Ticats back like water on a duck. "I think it brings a lot of fun to the game," said Hamilton defensive end Stevie Baggs. "It gets you guys (media) all fired up and I think it gets the fans fired up. "When the whistle blows you have to play football and I think the trash-talking and bulletin board material can be blown out of proportion." Ticats head coach Marcel Bellefeuille agreed. "Its just noise," he said. "You have to acknowledge the noise, then you have to block it out to be mentally tough. "I really feel our team has re-focussed on us and what we need to do to be successful." Both teams will make roster changes for the game, with Hamilton adding linebacker Ray Mariuz, defensive back Milt Collins and receiver Liam Mahoney. Toronto will add receivers Prechae Rodriguez, Djems Kouame and Sammy Tranks to the active roster as well as linebacker Jordan Younger. Rodriguez will get the start in his Toronto debut. The 26-year-old was the CFLs top rookie in 2008 with Hamilton (70 catches, 1,099 yards, seven TDs) but has bounced between Saskatchewan, Montreal, Edmonton and now Toronto since then, registering 83 receptions, 969 yards and five TDs over that span. "In Hamilton I was given a lot of opportunities that built my confidence as a rookie," Rodriguez said. "When I left I didnt get the same kind of vibe from the coaches that I did from Hamilton . . . You cant be the guy all the time because it is a team game but when the opportunity comes you have to take advantage of it. "It (bouncing around) is very tough but you have to be mentally tough. I pray every night and ask God for strength to get me through this. Before success comes adversity and you cant be successful without failure so I feel like Hes making all this happen for a reason and testing my faith. I really believe in that and this is my time." A return to form by Rodriguez would certainly bolster Torontos receiving corps as converted tailback Andre Durie (46 catches, 521 yards, two TDs) has been the clubs leading pass catcher. "Were looking for that go-to type guy, that guy who can make big plays for us," Barker said. "He was that back in 2008 with Hamilton . . . and we need to find that guy. "When a guy wins rookie of the year and three years later cant get a job usually its the result of hes lazy, he cant learn or hes not a great guy. I told him that and that he was going to have an opportunity to come in here with a clean slate. I think he understands this is his big opportunity, a chance to re-establish himself in this league as a premiere receiver." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes