Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

0 RBIs in 424 at-bats. The 35-year-old, a three-ti...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

0 RBIs in 424 at-bats. The 35-year-old, a three-time All-Star, bec

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/30 01:59AM
Latest post: 2014/09/30 01:59AM, Views: 254, Posts: 1
0 RBIs in 424 at-bats. The 35-year-old, a three-time All-Star, bec
#1   2014/09/30 01:59AM
wff0605
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Tebow Time is on hold. The Denver Broncos new front office has been insisting Kyle Orton is the incumbent starter even as they put him on the trading block this week. When new coach John Foxs first training camp opened Thursday, the seventh-year pro quickly showed hes still the teams top quarterback. "Hes under contract with us," Fox said. "I cant speak for the future. If I could predict the future then I might be at the race track. But at this point, Kyle Ortons on our team. Hes under contract, and you watched practice. You saw where he was." Orton was polished in his reads and precise with his passes while Tim Tebow, while not the raw rookie from last year, was a tad slower in his decisions and delivery while getting just as many snaps. "Weve got to work on some timing with certain things, but for a first day, I thought it was pretty good," Tebow said. Brady Quinn looked more comfortable than he did in last years camp but his throws were equally erratic, and about all that could be said for undrafted college free agent Adam Weber is that he looks shorter than the six foot three hes listed at on the roster. "Well, I dont really think it would be fair to give an evaluation after one unpadded practice, but I wouldnt say its tremendously different than it was six months ago," Fox said of his QB competition. Orton is in the prime of his career, having thrown for nearly 7,500 yards and 41 touchdowns to go with 21 interceptions the last two seasons in Denver, where hes 11-18. The Broncos, however, need to see what they have in Tebow, an intriguing second-year pro who went 1-2 in the final three games last season while throwing for six scores and running for a half-dozen more. Orton and Tebow didnt walk together or talk to each other in between drills, but thats nothing new. Asked if there was any tension between Orton and Tebow, Quinn snapped: "Look, if youre going to ask questions about football, ask questions about football. Im not here to talk about anyones relationship status. Save that for Twitter or Facebook or some message board." Orton and Tebow both denied this was an awkward arrangement even if it looked that way from the outside. "Were pros and Ive been in this thing for seven years now and its pretty much the same every year," Orton said. "So theres no awkwardness about it and we just go out and compete and, like I said, Im excited to go out and play my best football and thats the only thing Im worried about." "Were teammates, and we get along," Tebow said. "We come out here and compete, and none of us can control anything else. So, we dont really worry about it." Orton said he was glad to be back with the Broncos and his preference was "100 per cent" to stay in Denver. Tebow said the last thing he wanted was to be anointed the starter because Orton gets traded. "If anything, I kind of like that competition," Tebow said. "You want to compete to be the best and have to earn your job, whatever that is, or earn your role, whatever that is. You dont want anything to be handed to you, and I think thats the great thing about these coaches is nothings going to be handed out." Orton disputed the notion that he wants out of town because he feels Tebows promotion is a foregone conclusion. "Thats not the sense that I get," Orton insisted. "Im out there competing and I like my chances if thats my case." There have been times this week when a trade to Miami appeared imminent, but the Broncos dont appear to be in any hurry to deal Orton, who is due US$8.829 million this year, almost all of which is guaranteed. "Weve said all along that Kyle was the starter," football chief John Elway said on his radio show on 102.3 The Ticket in Denver. "... And the bottom line is Kyles been successful. Even though we havent won a lot of football games the last couple of years, hes had very good numbers." Elway said the price would have to be right. "Kyle Orton is a good football player. So, I think that if things dont come about where the values there, then were going to throw the ball out there and compete," Elway said. cheap nfl jerseys .J. -- Everyone knows how cozy the Seahawks are in Seattle. Michael kors Handbags Black Friday 2014 .C. -- Marcus Lattimore believes his knee injury was a test he had to pass, both for himself and South Carolina. http://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/ . -- Helio Castroneves paced the first day of IndyCar practice at Barber Motorsports Park, setting the stage for what could be more domination by Penske Racing. cheap jerseys . Louis Cardinals will leave the friendly confines of Busch Stadium for a bit as they begin a three-city, nine-game road trip tonight with the first of three straight games against the NL Central-rival Houston Astros from Minute Maid Park. cheap jerseys From China . Smith was cut down by a Vikings player while chasing running back Toby Gerhart late in the first quarter. He got up slowly, stayed in for one play and then ran gingerly to the sideline. He didnt return. Harbaugh said the 49ers were still waiting for final results from team doctors but it "looks like well be all right.NEW YORK -- Left-hander Matt Thornton completed his $7 million, two-year contract with the New York Yankees, who cut outfielder Vernon Wells. Thornton gets $3.5 million in each of the next two seasons under the deal, which was agreed to Dec. 17 and announced Friday. His contract raises the Yankees luxury tax payroll for next season to $175.7 million for 13 signed players. Including a pending $2 million, one-year deal for second baseman Brian Roberts and an estimated $11.5 million per team for benefits, New Yorks tax payroll is at $189.2 million -- above the $189 million tax threshold for the upcoming season. However, Alex Rodriguezs $27.5 million luxury-tax salary would disappear if his 211-game suspension is upheld by an arbitrator. The 37-year-old Thornton replaces Boone Logan, who left for a $16.5 million, three-year contract with Colorado. A 10-year big league veteraan, Thornton was 0-4 with a 3. Cheap Jerseys. 74 ERA in 60 relief appearances last season for the Chicago White Sox and Boston, which acquired him in July for minor league outfielder Brandon Jacobs. Wells, who was designated for assignment, was acquired last March from the Los Angeles Angels and hit .233 with 11 homers and 50 RBIs in 424 at-bats. The 35-year-old, a three-time All-Star, became superfluous when the Yankees signed Jacoby Ellsbury and Carlos Beltran to join an outfield that already included Brett Gardner, Ichiro Suzuki and Alfonso Soriano. New York is responsible for just $2.4 million of Wells $21 million salary in the final season of his $126 million, seven-year contract, with the Angels paying the Yankees $18.6 million as part of the trade last March. A team that signs Wells would be responsible for just $500,000, the major league minimum. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes