Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ust working on stuff," Bochy said . . . Posey and ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ust working on stuff," Bochy said . . . Posey and the catchers also w

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/30 01:58AM
Latest post: 2014/09/30 01:58AM, Views: 255, Posts: 1
ust working on stuff," Bochy said . . . Posey and the catchers also w
#1   2014/09/30 01:58AM
wff0605
PORTLAND, Ore. cheap nfl jerseys . - Gerald Wallace knew exactly when the Portland Trail Blazers had the Los Angeles Lakers beaten.It was a little more than midway through the third quarter and the Blazers were in the midst of a 17-6 run that would seal their 107-96 victory Thursday night.Kobe Bryant missed a three-point attempt and Marcus Camby pulled down the rebound before hurling the ball downcourt to Wallace, who leapt for a stunning windmill dunk that put Portland up 70-66.I think that was the game-changer, said Wallace, who joked that he only performed the highlight-reel dunk because teammate LaMarcus Aldridge promised hed make one, too.Watch out for L.A.s windmill next, he laughed.Wallace finished with 31 points, including the windmill, while Aldridge added 28 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season. Portland, which led by as many as 14 points, had just four turnovers despite pushing the tempo for the entire game.The Blazers sit atop the Western Conference at 5-1 — their lone loss coming on New Years Day at the Clippers.Kobe Bryant scored 30 points despite a torn ligament in his right wrist, and Andrew Bynum had 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Lakers, who have had trouble at the Rose Garden with losses in 11 of their last 13 games there.They (the Blazers) played a heckuva game, Lakers coach Mike Brown said. Portland came out in the second half and pushed the pace, and we came apart.Los Angeles went 0 for 11 from three-point range. It was the first time that the team had a game without a three-pointer since November, 2003.The Lakers, who fell to 4-4, were coming off a 108-99 home victory over Houston on Tuesday. Bynum, who was suspended for the first four games of the season, had 21 points and 22 rebounds against the Rockets — the first 20-20 game of his career.The Blazers were coming off a 103-93 victory at Oklahoma City, another statement win to open the lockout-shortened season.Its still early, Aldridge said. Its always good to get off to a quick start, especially in a short season. But we know its a process.The Lakers were without Josh McRoberts, who sat out a second straight game with a strained big toe on his left foot.Blazers coach Nate McMillan promised that Portland would run against the Lakers, and the result was a frenetic pace from the start. Paul Gasols tip-in gave Los Angeles their biggest lead of the first half at 28-21.The Blazers closed the gap and Jamal Crawfords jumper and free throw put them up 36-35 with just over eight minutes to go in the half. The lead was short-lived but Portland stayed close.Los Angeles shot 61 per cent from the field, but led just 56-52 at the half. Portland shot 43 per cent. Both teams were even at 46 per cent in the end.The Blazers trailed 60-59 early in the third quarter before Wallace made a layup and a free throw early to spark a 17-6 run that included his dunk. The surge was capped by Wesley Matthews 3-pointer that made it 76-66.Crawford made a 27-foot three-pointer as time ran out in the third to put Portland up 84-74.They came out in the second half and just beat us down the court in transition and that was it, Bynum said. Weve got to get back on D, thats huge for us.Wallace appeared to seal it with a fast-break layup past falling Lakers guard Steve Blake that made it 96-83 with 6:39 left.Bryant was asked after the game about the storyline of losses in Portland.It drives me crazy, he said.The Blazers travel to Phoenix to play the Suns on Friday night, while the Lakers host Golden State at the Staples Center.Notes: The Lakers have won seven of the last eight meetings with the Blazers at Staples Center. ... Blazers G Wesley Matthews dad Wes played for the Lakers from 1986-88 during his nine-year NBA career. ... Oregon Ducks running back Kenjon Barner had a courtside seat. ... A fan in the crowd had a sign reading Tonight Im against World Peace — a jab at the former Ron Artest. ... Brown insisted Bryant wasnt having trouble physically. He was fine. Shooting 13 of 24 is pretty good for a 2-guard. ... The Lakers out-rebounded the Blazers 47-39. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- Ike Hilliard is returning to the Washington Redskins as receivers coach. wholesale nfl jerseys . Days after seeing Cristiano Ronaldo end his four-year domination of the Ballon dOr, Messi demonstrated his intention to pry it right back from his Real Madrid counterpart with goals in each half to guide the Spanish champions into the last eight by an aggregate score of 6-0. http://www.michaelkors-blackfri... .K and Malcolm Subban, as this will mark the first official time the two brothers will play against each other. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.com/]wholesale jerseys . The Vishnevsky hospital said 26-year-old Alexander Galimov died of the severe burns that covered about 90 per cent of his body, despite the best efforts of doctors in its burn unit, considered one of the best in Russia. jerseys from china . Only goal difference is keeping Tottenham behind second-place United while Citys lead is three points. But while United has won a dozen English titles alone since 1993, City and Tottenham have not been champions of England since the 1960s.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is thin and happy. He showed up at the Giants spring camp a few days ago after a winter of rejuvenation in his native Venezuela. He refined his nutritional intake, got in shape and played a little ball in the Venezuelan Winter League. The result is a noticeable weight loss. How much is up for debate -- he would not divulge how much he has dropped when he met with the media. He has been listed at 240. He said reports that the weight loss reached 40 pounds were incorrect. As for what is behind the transformation --he had a similar one between 2010 and 2011 - Sandoval said it doesnt necessarily have anything do to with the fact that his three-year, $17.15 million deal expires after the season. Sandoval said he would be open to discussing an extension before the season begins. General Manager Brian Sabean indicated recently the Giants also might be willing to make something happen. "Im not going to say no. If it happens, it happens," Sandoval said. At 27, he is entering his prime. "Im happy with myself and want to come out and show my talents," he said after hitting .278 with 14 home runs and 79 RBIs in 2013, a year in which he spent some time on the disabled list. "People say I can do a lot better. I just want to show that I have grown up and that I take my job seriously. But I really dont care what other people say." Unless those other people happen to be teammates. Sandoval said he talked to a handful of teammates toward the end of last season about his approach. They included starting pitcher Matt Cain, catcher Buster Posey and outfieldder Hunter Pence. cheap jerseys. "I feel blessed to hear from those guys. When a former MVP (Posey) says something, you listen," Sandoval said. Pence said he did not speak his mind in a critical tone. "I dont think I got on him. I just encouraged him. Hes the one who did all the work," Pence said. "Were just thrilled to see him come in at the weight he has." Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he also talked to Sandoval at the end of the season. "Sometimes its like being a parent," Bochy said. "You tell one of your kids something, and it goes in one ear and out the other. Sometimes it means more coming from a peer. "He knows that he can do many things on the baseball field. He has to be consistent, have discipline every day. It is easier when you were 21-22-23 years old and now you have to put more work into it." NOTES: A portion of the pitchers did some conditioning and threw bullpen sessions on Saturday. Most of the others, including starters Tim Hudson and Tim Lincecum and closer Sergio Romo, will take their turns on Sunday. "No radar guns, just working on stuff," Bochy said . . . Posey and the catchers also were able to take a few hacks in the batting cage . . . Pence said most of the players are coming to camp with an edge. "We dont believe what happened last year is who we are," he said . . . the team has announced that beginning this (regular) season, all fans entering AT&T Park will be screened with metal detectors. This complies with Major League Baseballs mandate that all teams begin using metal detectors by the start of the 2015 season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes