Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Ryan Theriot reached on Pachecos fielding error at...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Ryan Theriot reached on Pachecos fielding error at third base

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/28 08:59AM
Latest post: 2014/09/28 08:59AM, Views: 280, Posts: 1
Ryan Theriot reached on Pachecos fielding error at third base
#1   2014/09/28 08:59AM
wff0605
Put Paul Sass on his back and beware. . The English lightweight seems to have more limbs than an octopus. Leave an arm or leg of your own dangling and Sass will make you pay. Unbeaten in 13 bouts, Sass has 12 submission wins including eight by triangle choke. Ten of his victories came in the first round. On Saturday, the 24-year-old from Liverpool looks to become the first fighter to submit American (Handsome) Matt Wiman when the two meet on a televised card in Nottingham, England. Dutch heavyweight Stefan (Skyscraper) Struve (28-5) faces Stipe Miocic (9-0) in the main event at the Capital FM Arena. Also on the main card, Montreal bantamweight Yves (Tiger) Jabouin takes on Brad Pickett. Wiman (14-6) is a hard-hitter with an 8-4 record in the UFC. He has won four of his last five fights, earning a decision over Mac Danzig in October. Wimans strategy will probably be to blunt Sasss submission skills by repeatedly punching him in the face. "Cant wait, should be a good fight," Sass said cheerfully. "Hes a very tough opponent." Sass made quick work of Jacob (Christmas) Volkmann at UFC 146 in May, pulling guard before eventually trapping his opponents arm and forcing him to tap out to a triangle choke and armbar after one minute 54 seconds. "That was the best moment in my life so far, fighting in the MGM -- one of the biggest arenas in the world -- in front of everyone," said Sass. "It was great." Sass was 16 when he got into the sport through one of his friends, who had started training. Someone showed him a triangle choke and he pulled two of them off in his first jiu-jitsu class. "Thats where I prefer to be -- on my back with someone in my guard," Sass said. Its a position that has served him well. He made his pro debut in 2007, stopping David Johnson by triangle choke in 74 seconds. Six more triangle choke wins followed in succession, with five coming in the first round. At six foot, Sasss long limbs help his submission game. He cuts about 16 pounds to fight as a lightweight. He says his success at submissions hasnt allowed him to show off his other weapons. "I train my striking every day. My strikings quite good. Our gym is originally a Thai (boxing) gym and I spar with all of them and I do quite well. I still have my striking to show." Sass, who trained as a bricklayer, has focused full time on fighting since early on in his career. "Most of my life has just been training," he said. "The moneys a lot better than from when I first started fighting," he added. "It was basically nothing and now Im getting a bit more money. Its good." His training partners include UFC veterans Paul Kelly, Paul Taylor and Terry Etim. Andy Ogle, another Brit on the Nottingham card, also trains there. Several months ago, he expanded his training by having a session with the London Irish rugby team. "Really good fun," he said. Sass went through the rugby teams strength and conditioning program and then showed the rugby players a few tricks of his own. "They were massive," he said. "I was tiny compared to them. They were huge." That didnt help them learn the triangle choke. "They couldnt really get it because their legs were that big," he added with a laugh. [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_place_to_pi... from china . Williams was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round in the 2006 NFL Draft. He remained with the Bears until 2010 when he was traded to the Carolina Panthers. . -- Turns out that Tiger Woods won the last edition of the Chevron World Challenge. [url=http://www.jerseysnflcheapchina.com/]http://www.jerseysnflcheapchina.com/[/... . -- C.J. Wilson stopped a mini-slide with his first career victory in Oakland, and it didnt change a thing. [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_place_to_pi... jerseys china . The Winnipeg native is being inducted into the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame. Hughes competed in winter and summer Olympics as a speedskater and cyclist, winning a total of six medals. cheap jerseys . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses.DENVER -- Tim Lincecum hasnt changed a thing on the mound. His recent turnaround, he says, is the result of an old-fashioned gut-check. Lincecum won consecutive starts for the first time since April, Hunter Pence had three RBIs and the San Francisco Giants beat the Colorado Rockies 8-3 Sunday for a three-game sweep. "I just wanted to dig deep," Lincecum said. "I knew this was a big game for us. We wanted to get this sweep. Obviously, were half a game ahead (in the NL West) right now and we want to keep putting the foot on the pedal." Lincecum (6-11) worked around five walks, allowing one run and five hits in six innings. After going 4-9 with a 5.26 ERA in 18 starts from the start of May through July 25, he is 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA in his last two outings against the Mets and Rockies. "I think its just the competitiveness," Lincecum said. "I dont think anything is different. Im not throwing any harder, obviously. Im not throwing any different kind of pitches. I think its just the conviction on the pitches. Every pitch before you throw it is with a purpose." The two-time NL Cy Young Award winner had not won consecutive starts since April 23 against the Mets and April 28 against the Padres. In Lincecums previous appearance at Coors Field, he gave up six runs in 2 1-3 innings on April 11. He had a rough go of it in the first inning Sunday, when he faced seven batters, threw 36 pitches, issued two walks and gave up two hits, including Jordan Pachecos RBI single. "This is one of his guttiest efforts," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "That first inning, he wasnt too far from coming out. For him to regroup and give us six solid innings, that was pretty impressive." Rockies manager Jim Tracy said Lincecums ability to work out of the first-inning jam was the defining moment of the game. "We had Timmy on the ropes," Tracy said. "We were one swing away from him being out of the game in the first inning, which leads to what took place over the course of the game. The big hit that wouldve changed their entire day from a pitching standpoint and couldve changed our entire day, we werent able to get that." After losing seven of eight coming into the series, the Giants swept thee Rockies for the first time since a four-game set last Sept. [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_place_to_pi... nfl jerseys[/url]. 15-18. They totalled 35 runs at Coors Field after scoring six in their prior three games. Tyler Chatwood (1-2), recalled from Double-A Tulsa before the game to take the rotation spot of injured Christian Friedrich, allowed three runs -- one earned -- on two hits and four walks in 3 1-3 innings. Pence, acquired Tuesday from Philadelphia, had a run-scoring groundout in the first. He hit an RBI double in the fifth for a 4-1 lead and had another run-scoring double in a three-run seventh that made it 7-1. He entered hitting .118 (2 for 17) with two RBIs in his four previous games with the Giants. "It felt good to get some hits that counted and you feel like part of the team," Pence said. "Whenever you can contribute, its very uplifting. We played good ball during this series, had a lot of fun. Im getting to know everyone and just settling in. It feels really good and Im really excited about this whole opportunity." Marco Scutaro capped the Giants seventh with a two-run double. Melky Cabrera tripled leading off the ninth and scored on a single by Buster Posey, who got a day off from catching but started at first base. Colorado, swept twice during a 1-8 homestand, pulled to 7-2 in the seventh on Carlos Gonzalezs RBI single. With the bases loaded and one out, Sergio Romo relieved Javier Lopez and struck out Matt McBride and Wilin Rosario to end the threat. San Francisco scored its first three runs without a base hit. Angel Pagan drew a leadoff walk in the first and scored from third on Rosarios passed ball. Ryan Theriot reached on Pachecos fielding error at third base and scored on Pences groundout. NOTES: Pablo Sandoval, on the 15-day DL with a left hamstring strain, took grounders at third base before the game and Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval is on course to be activated in about a week. ... The Rockies placed LHP Jonathan Sanchez on the 15-day DL with biceps tendinitis. ... Cabrera started an inning-ending double play in the fourth when he caught Dexter Fowlers fly ball in left and threw out Rosario at the plate, with help from a block by catcher Hector Sanchez. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes