Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

a Koufos (left knee). However, Timofey Mozgov play...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

a Koufos (left knee). However, Timofey Mozgov played Monday de

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/28 08:58AM
Latest post: 2014/09/28 08:58AM, Views: 262, Posts: 1
a Koufos (left knee). However, Timofey Mozgov played Monday de
#1   2014/09/28 08:58AM
wff0605
Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman is among a group of NHL GMs and executives who believe the time has come for the league and Players Association to take a more aggressive path towards eliminating fighting. cheap nfl jerseys . "Yes, I believe a player should get a game misconduct for fighting," Yzerman told The Dreger Report. "We penalize and suspend players for making contact with the head while checking, in an effort to reduce head injuries, yet we still allow fighting. "Were stuck in the middle and need to decide what kind of sport do we want to be. Either anything goes and we accept the consequences, or take the next step and eliminate fighting." Yzermans comments carry significant weight, given his Hall of Fame playing career and years of playing alongside legendary tough guys in Detroit such as Darren McCarty, Joe Kocur and the late Bob Probert. When asked if the league and players should stop trying to make fighting safer and focus on banning fighting in general instead, Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said, "Weve got to get rid of fighting, it has to go." Rutherford said he would support an open and full discussion on additional penalties such as a game misconduct for fighting - with a significant suspension for any player, for example, who fights multiple times in a season. Pittsburghs Ray Shero has been a strong advocate in the leagues crackdown on checking to the head. He believes that the NHL has a responsibility to consider a ban on fighting and not just simply raise the discussion when an isolated incident happens. "It wont happen overnight, but we need to be leaders, not followers in this area," he explained. "I respect other GMs and their views, but we need to look at this and not just when an incident like last night (Parros) happens." After reading the quotes from these three NHL executives, it didnt take long for one of the games most celebrated builders to chime in as well. "I support views of Steve Yzerman, Ray Shero and Jim Rutherford on their opinions for addressing most fighting issues," tweeted the legendary Scotty Bowman on Wednesday afternoon. "Poll all Players." Bowman would express further concern to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com Wednesday, saying "Its a pretty complex issue. But with the emphasis on hits to the head, and the seriousness of concussions, if you look at fighting, its mostly hits to the head. Its something that has to be looked at." The NHLs executive vice-president and director of hockey operations Colin Campbell, however, told LeBrun that change might not come as easily as other executives might hope. "We are constantly in touch with our various constituents, including our players and our fans, on all issues pertaining to the game on the ice," Campbell told ESPN.com. "At the current time, there is not an appetite to change the rules with respect to fighting." "That said," Campbell continued, "we intend to continue to review all aspects of our game, with a focus on making it as safe as it can be for our players." This latest debate has been brought to the forefront in the aftermath of the fight between Montreal Canadiens forward George Parros and Toronto Maple Leafs forward Colton Orr on Tuesday night. Orr, losing his balance in the middle of the scrap, grabbed hold of Parros on his way down. Orrs fall brought Parros down to the ice face-first, knocking him unconscious and forcing him to be stretchered off the ice. Parros has since been released from a Montreal hospital and was diagnosed with a concussion. Thats positive news, given the state that the hulking Canadiens enforcer appeared to be in after the fight. Its unclear as to how the NHL will tackle this issue, if at all. However, moreso than ever before, NHL decision makers seem concerned enough to initiate discussions at their November meeting. Its unlikely the NHLPA will endorse any radical change given the impact of such a move on the role of the enforcer. Ninety-eight per cent of NHL players polled in 2011-2012 were in favour of keeping fighting in the game and while theres no immediate plan to conduct a new players survey, the overwhelming support to leave things as they are may not change. And while sensitive to Parros injury, Flyers forward Vincent Lecavalier said Wednesday that if he was asked to vote again, he would vote the same way and believes fighting still has its place. cheap jerseys from china . Sacco inserted little-used Mark Olver into the lineup, and the forward had a goal and an assist to help spark Colorados rally in the third period that beat the Dallas Stars 4-3 on Wednesday night. cheap jerseys from china . This time, they found a way to avoid another meltdown. Will Venable hit his second home run of the season and the Padres pounced on Tim Lincecum in a 5-3 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Monday, getting a small dose of satisfaction against the defending World Series champions. http://www.cheapnfljerseysgi.com/ . The 25-year-old Edgin joined the team before Friday nights game against the Braves. He was 3-2 with a 3.89 ERA and one save at Buffalo. nfl jerseys china . -- Vander Blue had no doubt where he was going with the ball. cheap jerseys . Early in the first period, Kostka was gaining possession of the puck and coming out from behind his own net when he was hit into the end boards. A scrum ensued with Kostka laying hurt on the ice. DENVER -- Arron Afflalo saved the game and Ty Lawson wrapped it up. So much for the notion the Denver Nuggets dont have a reliable late-game closer. These days, they just may have two. Afflalo hit three free throws with 0.6 seconds left in regulation and Lawson made a 3-pointer with four seconds remaining in overtime, allowing the Nuggets to rally for a 119-116 victory over the struggling Sacramento Kings on Monday night. "I dont even know if I want to watch the film, because the film may say we lost," Nuggets coach George Karl said. Go ahead and view it. Afflalo made sure it had a rewarding finish. Afflalo finished with a career-high 32 points, but none bigger than his three free throws that helped the Nuggets pull out an improbable win and improve to 4-0 since the All-Star break. With time winding down in regulation, Afflalo launched a deep and desperate 3-point attempt that was well off the mark. But over the shrill of the final buzzer came the shriek of an officials whistle as Marcus Thornton was called for grazing Afflalos arm. The referees huddled for a second to make sure the foul happened before the final horn -- it did -- and then Afflalo calmly stepped up to the free throw line. Swish. Another swish. To break Afflalos rhythm for the final shot, the Kings called timeout. It hardly mattered as he swished the last one to tie the score at 108. "People dont understand, making three free throws in a row is very difficult," Karl said. Yet Afflalo made it appear easy simply by keeping his focus. "Im just thinking about making free throws. I wasnt thinking about nothing before or after," Afflalo explained. After that, it was Lawsons turn to step into the spotlight. The speedy point guard came up with a clutch basket for the second straight night. On the decisive play in overtime, Lawson dribbled up top to take time off the clock and then, fighting an urge to drive to the hoop, let go a 3-pointer that hardly touched any of the rim. "Ive become comfortable taking those shots at the end," said Lawson, who finished with 16 points and 13 assists. "I was working on that little pull-up shot during the break." Its definitely been effective. Lawson hit a similar one to lift the Nuggets over San Antonio the night before. "This game meant a lot for us," Lawson said. "To come back home on a back-to-back and (against) Sacramento -- everybody is thinking, Oh, we just will beat them. I think at one point we had no business winning. This was a big win." And a crushing blow for the Kings. Thornton and Tyreke Evans each had 27 points for the Kings, who dropped their fourth straight on the day they announced they had extended the contract of coach Keith Smart through the 2012-13 season. cheap jerseys From China. . After the game, Thornton insisted he didnt touch Afflalo on the shot. Then, he took full responsibility. "Its on me. I cant do that. I take this loss. I have to be smarter," Thornton said. "Foul early on. Just stay down. I thought I did a good job of contesting. It didnt go that way. So, I take this loss." Smart took this loss as simply another step in the learning process for his young squad. "We are growing and moving in the right direction," Smart said. "It just came down to micro moments of management and we didnt come through at that time." Once a banged-up bunch, the Nuggets are steadily returning to health. Leading scorer Danilo Gallinari was back after missing 13 games with a left ankle sprain. So was Brazilian centre Nene, who sat out 10 games with a calf strain. Not surprisingly, Gallinari and Nene both showed some early rust from their long layoffs. Gallinari didnt hit his first basket until swishing a 3-pointer with 4:04 remaining in the third quarter. He had just four points on the evening. Nene finished with six points in just over 15 minutes. When Gallinari hobbled off the court on Feb. 6, it appeared as if he might be sidelined for quite some time after tests revealed a chip fracture in his left foot. But further examinations later showed the fracture wasnt caused by his stumble and may have actually occurred before he joined the NBA in 2008. The versatile Italian forward proved to be a fast healer, returning nearly to the day the team had predicted. The Nuggets were 6-7 without Gallinari, one of the players theyre counting on to deliver big shots at crunch time. But with the game on the line the healing Gallinari was on the bench, not the floor. Even with the return of Gallinari and Nene, the Nuggets are far from full strength. They were missing swingman Rudy Fernandez (back) and centre Kosta Koufos (left knee). However, Timofey Mozgov played Monday despite an ailing left ankle. He had eight early points before appearing to hurt his ankle again. Mozgov didnt play in the second half. Notes: Kings F J.J. Hickson missed the three-game road swing with a hip pointer. ... The Kings will begin a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Wednesday against New Orleans. ... Lawson was named the Western Conference player of the week Monday. ... The Nuggets are 13-3 against the Kings at home since 2003-04. ... Afflalos previous best performance was 31 against Phoenix last January. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes