Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

e course named Fall Away, but made an impressive r...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

e course named Fall Away, but made an impressive recovery on the slopes face. Vonn finished second in that downhill to Hoefl-Ri

Started by wff0605, 2014/09/23 12:18AM
Latest post: 2014/09/23 12:18AM, Views: 245, Posts: 1
e course named Fall Away, but made an impressive recovery on the slope...
#1   2014/09/23 12:18AM
wff0605
CHARLOTTE, N. wholesale jerseys .C. -- Roy Hibbert won a basketball game Tuesday night but lost $500. In the waning minutes of a blowout victory, Hibbert told the final five Indiana Pacers left on the floor hed pay them $100 each if they kept the Charlotte Bobcats from scoring 80 points. Pay up, Roy. "Yeah, Im a man of my word," Hibbert said. "A Hibbert always pays his debts. ... I guess I have to go find an ATM." Hell gladly do so. Hibbert had 18 points and seven rebounds, and the Pacers handed the struggling Bobcats their 13th straight defeat at home, 103-76. With team owner Michael Jordan looking on from the bench, the Bobcats lost their fifth in a row and have dropped 24 of 26 since Thanksgiving. The Pacers bounced back from Sundays 11-point defeat in Brooklyn and won for the fifth time in six games. Indiana won this one going away behind some dominant inside play. The Pacers outrebounded the Bobcats 60-31 and outscored them 52-22 in the paint, once again exposing Charlottes problems down low. The 29-point rebound differential was the largest in Bobcats history. All five Pacers starters had at least seven rebounds. Paul George had 16 points and 10 rebounds, while David West added 15 points and eight rebounds for the Pacers. George Hill chipped in with 16 points and seven rebounds. "Even the guards get in there and mix it up for us," Hibbert said. "They do a good job of getting in there and hitting the boards. More possessions for ourselves is good." It was the eighth time the Pacers have held an opponent to fewer than 80 points. "Our defence is a beast," coach Frank Vogel said. "Were leading in a number of different defensive categories. We have great length and these guys are committed to trying to be the best defence in the NBA." Vogel called the offence a work in progress. "It can get clicking and we can get really hot at times and when it does, like tonight, look at what happened," he said. "We are trying to commit to the running game more. We got 19 fast-break points in the first half. Big difference in the game. Were playing good basketball." The Central Division-leading Pacers (24-15) have not lost consecutive games since early December. The Pacers led by 10 at halftime and broke it open in the third quarter as George scored eight quick points to set the tone. By the time the fourth quarter arrived, the Pacers had extended their lead to 26 and the Bobcats appeared completely demoralized knowing they simply had no answers for Indianas frontcourt. By the midway point of the third the Pacers had taken complete control of the boards, outrebounding the Bobcats 47-20. Things were so bad for the Bobcats they only took 16 shots in the entire third quarter and made just seven. Gerald Henderson led the Bobcats with 15 points, while Kemba Walker and Ramon Sessions each had 13. As has often been the case this season, the Bobcats got off to a slow start, falling behind 20-9 early. The Pacers, led by Hibbert and West, dominated the paint from the outset, outscoring the Bobcats 18-2 in the first quarter. With Byron Mullens still out with a lingering ankle injury, the Bobcats started Bismack Biyombo at centre and Hakim Warrick at power forward. They combined for just seven rebounds in 37 minutes of action. "I dont remember us having a game like that where we got outrebounded that bad," Bobcats guard Ben Gordon said. "I think there are a lot of times where we put teams on their heels when we have those guards out there. We just need to continue to use that to our strength, but tonight I just think it was more of a lack of energy, lack of effort type of thing." After the game, coach Mike Dunlap refused to say if the Bobcats need to add some big men next off-season, saying "I prefer to stay in my lane" and allow the personnel decision-makers to make that call. As for Jordan, he made a quick exit early in the fourth after the Pacers pushed the lead to 30. Playing their fourth game in five nights, the Bobcats shot just 34 per cent from the field and played without much emotion or enthusiasm. The Pacers seemed to take advantage of that lack of energy early and the game en route to starting another winning streak. "We take pride in bouncing back from a loss and not losing two in a row," said Indianas Tyler Hansbrough. NOTES: North Carolina coach Roy Williams had courtside seats to watch Hansbrough. ... Walker left in the second quarter after tweaking his ankle but returned in the third. ... The Bobcats have failed to score more than 90 points in each of their last four games. ... George has a double-double in each of his last four games. wholesale jerseys . So rather than shop himself, he is staying put in Chicago. The veteran right-hander and the White Sox agreed Tuesday to a $29 million, two-year contract. nfl jerseys china . According to the Hosuton Chronicle, Ching has decided to report to the Impact, the team that selected him first overall in the MLS expansion draft. http://www.jerseysnflcheapchina.com/[/... . -- Harrison Barnes will miss at least the first two games of the regular season for the Golden State Warriors with a left foot injury. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysfamily.com/]nfl jerseys china . However, the defending American League champions may have caught a big break as they head to Turner Field tonight for the first of three interleague meetings with the Atlanta Braves. nfl jerseys china . Fellow star forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic was rested with a minor knee injury ahead of Tuesdays Champions League match against Anderlecht but PSG got off to the perfect start when Lucas was given too much space in the area and volleyed in Lucas Dignes cross after just two and a half minutes. LAKE LOUISE, Alta. -- Lindsey Vonn needs the confidence that Lake Louise gives her more than ever. The U.S. ski star has won a record 14 World Cup ski races at the Alberta resort, but Vonn wasnt yet certain after Wednesdays training run shes ready to race at Lake Louise this year. Downhill races are scheduled for Friday and Saturday followed by a super-G on Sunday. The reigning Olympic womens downhill champion completed her first official training run for a World Cup race since crashing and tearing ligaments in her right knee at the world championships in February. Vonn then partially tore one of those reconstructed ligaments while training in Copper Mountain, Colo., two weeks ago. So the 29-year-old admitted feeling nervous in the start hut Wednesday in a place shes so dominant that its nicknamed "Lake Lindsey." "Of course a little bit nervous," Vonn said. "Really happy to be back. First training run, first kind of real race situation since February, so its been a long time and Im really happy." "Knee feels good, feels stable and just kind of play it by ear tomorrow and make a decision on the race." Carolina Ruiz Castillo of Spain was fastest in training in one minute 57.40 seconds, followed by Germanys Maria Hoefl-Riesch and Slovenias Tina Maze in third. Vonn was 2.13 seconds back of Castillo in 22nd. Larisa Yurkiw of Owen Sound, Ont., is the lone Canadian and was 25th. Vonn appeared to wear a brace on her right knee Wednesday. She was pulled away from reporters by a U.S. Ski Federation official after less than a minute of questions, but did say before departing her decision to race will depend on how her knee reacts to training. Another training run is scheduled for Thursday. "The biggest thing is making sure theres no swelling so the quad can react appropriately and fire appropriately," Vonn said. Because of the setback in her knee, Vonn was forced to sit out last weekends World Cup races in Beaver Creek, Colo. She requires more surgery, but wants to postpone the procedure until after the Winter Olympics in February. "Im just trying to make sure things are good with my knee and build confidence every day," Vonn said. Wholesale Jerseys From China. . "Sochi is obviously quite a ways away, so Im trying to stay focused and focus on my knee and get the confidence back." Vonn and golf star Tiger Woods revealed earlier this year they were in a relationship. Vonn accompanied Woods to tournaments during the summer, but he is not in Lake Louise. Woods is hosting the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., and participated in the pro am Wednesday. Vonn has races through trials and tribulations to some of her victories at Lake Louise, which gives her an aura of invincibility at the resort. Shes achieved a "Lake Louise hat trick", which is winning both downhills and the super-G, each of the last two years. Including her super-G win in 2010, shes won a record seven straight World Cup races. Vonn won the first of her two downhills last year by 1.73 seconds, which is a gaudy margin considering tenths of seconds separate racers. She did this despite arriving in Alberta drained of energy from a stomach ailment that hospitalized her for two nights earlier that month. She was also under considerable pressure to win after shed asked the world governing body of the sport to let her compete in the mens World Cup on the same mountain. FIS denied her request. Her sweep in 2011 came a few days after she announced she was divorcing Thomas Vonn, her husband of four years. Vonn executed an incredible piece of skiing in 2010 in a race she didnt win. She went down on her left hip entering a section of the course named Fall Away, but made an impressive recovery on the slopes face. Vonn finished second in that downhill to Hoefl-Riesch. In 2009, Vonn crossed the finish line with blood dribbling from her mouth. Her knee connected with her chin during the race, yet Vonn still won the first of her two downhills that year. "Im so confident on this hill and I felt like this was the perfect place for me to come back," Vonn said. "Of course, I would have liked to come back at Beaver Creek, but it didnt work out. "Hopefully this weekend will be good, but I have to play by it by ear and make a decision Thursday on whether I start competing on Friday." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes