Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

pt possession, but Garretts pull-up jumper in the ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

pt possession, but Garretts pull-up jumper in the lane rattled

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/31 07:20AM
Latest post: 2014/08/31 07:20AM, Views: 238, Posts: 1
pt possession, but Garretts pull-up jumper in the lane rattled
#1   2014/08/31 07:20AM
wff0605
MINNEAPOLIS -- Blake Griffin and Kevin Love had been duking it out for 3 1/2 quarters, and Chris Paul was content to watch two of the best power forwards in the game pound away at each other. . When the two big guys started to tire from the grueling duel, the little man took over and finished off the Minnesota Timberwolves. Griffin had 20 points and 10 rebounds to win his matchup with Love and Paul scored 16 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Los Angeles Clippers to a 102-98 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday night. Paul finished with 20 points and 11 assists for his 12th straight double-double to open the season, breaking Magic Johnsons previous mark of 11 straight in 1990-91. "Its huge man. Magic is a mentor of mine, somebody I look up to," Paul said. "His basketball production was unbelievable so be mentioned in anything with him is huge and an honour." He scored 12 straight points for the Clippers in the final 3:41 to hold off another late charge from the Wolves and break out of a six-game slump in which he was hitting just 35 per cent of his shots. "Its just cool to see the ball go through the net," Paul said. "Ill take it whenever. Fourth quarter is winning time and were all competitive, but as the leader of the team, me and Blake, we know thats when its time to win." Kevin Martin had 28 points and 10 rebounds and Nikola Pekovic had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Timberwolves. But Love managed just 10 points on 2-for-14 shooting to go with 12 rebounds for the Wolves, who have lost two straight to start a tough stretch of five games in seven nights. "We were just tired, I think, and its not getting any easier heading forward," said Love, whose Wolves host Brooklyn on Friday night before trips to Houston and Indiana. "Nights happen like that and you just try to fight through it. I was a little frustrated. I was getting slammed out there." Jamal Crawford scored 16 points for the Clippers, who made 12 of 24 3-pointers and held the Wolves to 37.8 per cent shooting. The Clippers led by 11 points with seven minutes to play in the game, a 12-3 surge by the Wolves cut the deficit to 84-82 with 4:34 to play. But Griffin hit a 21-foot jumper and Paul, who had just four points in the games first 43 minutes, converted a three-point play, hit a 3 from the wing and added a 15-foot jumper and a 19-footer to help the Clippers seal it. "Thats why hes a superstar and one of the best point guards in this league," Martin said. "He got hot at the end and hes capable of doing that. We did everything we could do to try to force him to miss shots, and unfortunately for them he didnt." In a matchup of two of the best power forwards in the league, Griffin and Love spent the first half essentially playing each other to an underwhelming draw. They combined to shoot 4 for 17 before Griffin made his move in the third. He scored 14 points in the quarter, often going right at Love and scoring any way he wanted. Layups, jumpers, nifty spin moves in the post. It was all on display for a player who has put everything together in the past 10 days. Griffin came into the game averaging 25 points and 11.3 rebounds per game over his previous four, and he showed vastly improved defence on Wednesday night as well. He had two blocks and two steals, frustrating Love all the way. "I think for the first time, I dont know if it was from being tired, shot wasnt falling or they were getting away with a lot, my emotions got the best of me," said Love, who was 0 for 4 in the second half and had eight assists. "But that happens to people every now and then. I just tried to get myself going in other ways." NOTES: Before the game, Wolves president Flip Saunders gave Clippers coach Doc Rivers a hard time about walking out to mid-court late in the Clippers victory over the Timberwolves on Nov. 11 to call a timeout. "Flip Saunders of all people," Rivers cracked. "He coached from mid-court." ... DeAndre Jordan and Ryan Hollins each were whistled for flagrant-one fouls in the game. ... J.J. Redick scored 14 points for the Clippers. [url=http://www.nhlblackhawkshockeystore.com/red-5-david-rundblad-womens-jersey/... Rundblad Blackhawks Jersey . -- Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the U. cheap jerseys .Y. -- While Jon Bon Jovi is interested in becoming an NFL owner one day, hes not currently pursuing the Buffalo Bills, the New Jersey rockers publicist told The Associated Press on Monday. cheap jerseys from china . The 29-year-old made 23 stops, including a spectacular save on a breakaway late in the second period, to lead Toronto to a 2-1 victory over the Lake Erie Monsters in American Hockey League action on Wednesday. . After that, it will be back to business as usual with Gibsons Arizona club looking for a series victory in the rubber match of a three-game set at Comerica Park. Prior to the game, the Tigers will retire the No. 11 worn by Anderson, who passed away last November at the age of 76. Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Alec Burks scored 29 points, Cory Higgins had 16 and Colorado ended the game with a big run to beat Iowa State, 77-75, in the first round of the Big 12 Championship. Levi Knutson added 12 points for the fifth-seeded Buffaloes (20-12), who moved on to face No. 4 seed Kansas State in the quarterfinals on Thursday. Jake Anderson poured in 33 points for Iowa State (16-16) and Diante Garrett had 19. The Cyclones took a 70-64 lead on Jamie Vanderbekens free throw with three minutes left, but Colorado closed with a 13-5 burst to win the game. During the run, Burks completed a three-point play to tie the score and then hit a jumper to make it 74-72, giving the Buffaloes a lead they wouldnt relinquish. Not that Iowa State didnt have chances down the stretch. [url=http://www.nhlblackhawkshockeystore.com/red-81-marian-hossa-womens-jersey/]... Hossa Blackhawks Jersey. During one series, with the Cyclones trailing 75-72, Vanderbeken hit the front of the rim with a long three-point try several feet behind the arc. Iowa State kept possession, but Garretts pull-up jumper in the lane rattled in and out. Andre Roberson and Higgins both made one free throw in the final 15.6 seconds as Colorado hung on. I told the guys in the locker room sometimes you gotta win unconventionally and its not always going to be pretty. I think today was one of those types of games, said Colorado head coach Tad Boyle. The Buffaloes rebounded from a 28-26 deficit after shooting just 37 percent in the first half. They went on to shoot 57 percent in the second half. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes