Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

at changeovers by sitting on his bench with his fe...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

at changeovers by sitting on his bench with his feet up on a towel. T

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/31 07:19AM
Latest post: 2014/08/31 07:19AM, Views: 304, Posts: 1
at changeovers by sitting on his bench with his feet up on a towel. T
#1   2014/08/31 07:19AM
wff0605
DETROIT -- Drew Miller really didnt want to leave the Detroit Red Wings to find out what he was worth on the market. . Fortunately for him, the Red Wings wanted the defensive-minded, penalty-killing forward back. Miller confirmed Friday he has agreed to a three-year, $4.05 million contract to stay in Detroit. "Im really happy the deal got done," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I wanted to stay because I feel like Ive become one of the key parts of the team." Detroit claimed Miller off waivers on Nov. 11, 2009, after he played 14 games for the Tampa Bay Lightning. He signed one- and two-year deals in 2010 and 2011 to remain with the Red Wings, and was thrilled they wanted him back with a longer-term contract. "Its great to have that security," he said. "It wont change how hard I work, but its just nice to know youre wanted for the next three years." Miller had four goals, including two game winners, and eight points in 44 games during the lockout-shortened season. He had a game-winning goal and an assist in six playoff games after coming back from a broken right hand. The former Michigan State standout has 44 goals, a fourth of which won games, and 85 points in six NHL seasons in Detroit, Tampa Bay and with the Anaheim Ducks. [url=http://www.officialmlbclub.com/Cincinnati-Reds-Joe-Morgan-Jersey.html]Joe Morgan Reds Jersey . This week they discuss the failure of upstart football leagues, the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cadel Evans and Tristan Thompson. . -- The Minnesota Vikings figured to be as vulnerable to the effects of the NFL lockout as any other team, with a first-year head coach, a rookie quarterback and a new offence to install. [url=http://www.salejerseyswholesale.com/Mlb-jerseys.html]http://www.salejerseys... . -- Brian Unk shot a final round of 5-under 65 Sunday to finish one shot ahead of Calgarys Wes Heffernan and win his second Canadian Tour Seaforth Country Classic title. [url=http://www.officialmlbclub.com/Kansas-City-Royals-George-Brett-Jersey.html]... Brett Jersey . First Mat Latos gave up a triple, ending his bid for a complete game. Then closer Aroldis Chapman gave up another triple, sending the game into extra innings. Taj Gibson Jersey . A trip to the Santiago Bernabeu looked to have consigned City to the harshest of starts to the continents premier club competition but the English champions will be relishing the chance to pile more misery on Madrid. The Spanish giants have dropped eight points from a possible 12 in the defence of their La Liga title, leaving the team in the unusual position of mid-table and prompting heavy criticism from coach Jose Mourinho about the players lack of commitment and spirit.MELBOURNE, Australia -- One player fainted mid-match as temperatures topped 42C (108F) at the Australian Open on Tuesday. Others said it felt like they were playing tennis in a sauna, or on a frying pan that sizzled their soles. The scorching heat on Day 2 thinned crowds at Melbourne Park and prompted players to cool off between points with bags of ice on their heads or draped over their necks. Little relief was expected this week, with similar heat forecast until Friday Canadian qualifier Frank Dancevic said he started feeling dizzy in the first set of his match against Benoit Paire and then collapsed in the next set. "I couldnt keep my balance anymore and I leaned over the fence, and when I woke up people were all around me," he said. After receiving medical attention, he returned to the match and lost in straight sets. "Its hazardous to be out there. Its dangerous," Dancevic said, criticizing the tournament for not having suspended play. "Until somebody dies, theyre just going to keep playing matches in this heat." The tournament has not yet invoked its "Extreme Heat Policy," saying the decision is based on a quotient of air temperature, humidity and wind speed. Officials have played down health risks, saying the majority of matches were completed without calls for medical attention. "Of course there were a few players who experienced heat-related illness or discomfort, but none required significant medical intervention after they had completed their match," Tim Wood, the tournaments chief medical officer, said in a statement. A ball girl was treated for heat stresss during a morning match, and the tournament shortened rotations for the ball kids to 45-minute shifts. [url=http://www.worldsocceronlineshop.com/Fc-Bayern-Munich-Gianluca-Gaudino-Jers... Gaudino Bayern Munich Jersey[/url]. Players used metaphors and anecdotes to describe how hot it was. "I put the (water) bottle down on the court and it started melting a little bit underneath -- the plastic. So you know it was warm," former No. 1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki said. "It felt like I was playing in a sauna." Wozniacki was luckier than most. She had a straight sets win in the morning when it was 38C (100F). Sometimes a hot breeze stirred the air, making things worse, said No. 13-seeded John Isner, who retired from his first-round match with a right ankle injury. "It was like an oven -- when I open the oven and the potatoes are done. Thats what its like," Isner said. Two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka agreed. "It felt pretty hot, like youre dancing in a frying pan or something like that," she said after advancing to the second round. Always cool under pressure, Roger Federer avoided touching the hot ground at changeovers by sitting on his bench with his feet up on a towel. The 17-time Grand Slam winner advanced to the second round, saying for him the heat was "just a mental thing." No. 4 Andy Murray struck a more sober tone. "As much as its easy to say the conditions are safe," Murray said, "It only takes one bad thing to happen." "It looks terrible for the whole sport when people are collapsing, ball kids are collapsing, people in the stands are collapsing," the Wimbledon champion said. "Thats obviously not great. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes