Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

h this stage, and on a C10 million ($13 million) a...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

h this stage, and on a C10 million ($13 million) annual budget awhic

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/22 12:30AM
Latest post: 2014/08/22 12:30AM, Views: 239, Posts: 1
h this stage, and on a C10 million ($13 million) annual budget awhic
#1   2014/08/22 12:30AM
wff0605
CALGARY -- The quarterbacking controversy in Calgary continues. jerseys from china . Stampeder head coach John Hufnagel confirmed Drew Tate has earned another start after engineering a 25-13 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Friday. "I thought he played well and managed the game, especially the first half," Hufangel said. "I thought he had an exceptional first half." For the first time since July 1, 2005, Henry Burris didnt start a game for the Stampeders for reasons other than injury or resting for the playoffs. The sight of the CFLs Most Outstanding Player last season bundled in a jacket on the sidelines was unusual. Tate threw for 251 yards, including 213 in the first half, and one touchdown in his first career CFL start. He was intercepted twice in second half, but Hufnagel faulted him only for the second pick which occurred in the fourth quarter. The Stampeders (9-7) had already clinched a playoff berth in the West Division, but the win kept their hopes of a post-season game at home alive. "It was a much-needed victory," Hufnagel said. "(Tate) was under pressure. I mean, (it was) his first start. I thought it was a very well-played game at the quarterback position, except really that one mistake." Saskatchewan (4-12) was already eliminated from contention and suffered its fifth loss in a row. Landan Talley, Romby Bryant and Jon Cornish scored touchdowns for the hosts, while kicker Rene Paredes made one of two field-goal attempts. Cornish ran for 92 yards on the night. Quarterback Darian Durant ran for Saskatchewans lone touchdown. Kicker Chris Milo made both field goals. Earlier Friday, the Edmonton Eskimos improved to 10-6 with a 31-24 win over the host Toronto Argonauts (4-12). Tate gave 10 different receivers touches and finished 23-for-32 in passing. He did his best work in the first half, going 16-for-20 for the 213 yards and the touchdown throw, compared to 9-for-12 and 84 yards by Durant. The highlight of Tates night was scrambling away from Roughrider defensive end Kenny Rowe and getting a 13-yard strike away to Talley in the end zone at 10:54 of the second quarter. Tate pumped his fists in celebration after the play which gave the hosts a 14-10 lead. "Without a question, I was excited about that play," Tate said. "I just wanted to keep putting it on them and keep putting the gas pedal down." Durant played three quarters despite a broken bone in his foot hampering his mobility. He left the game early in the fourth quarter after he was sacked by Demetrice Morley and required assistance off the field. "I was upset that he got hit," Saskatchewan head coach Ken Miller said. "I was upset that I called the play that got him hit. I was pretty sure it was not a serious hit. He has assured me he feels really well." Said Durant: Im OK, so you can let Rider Nation know that too." Durant was 20-for-30 in passing for 209 yards and he was intercepted once. His scoring run in the second quarter was the lone bright spot for the Roughriders as it was their first touchdown since Sept. 17. His replacement Ryan Dinwiddie was 5-for-11 and 80 yards. Calgarys final two games of the regular season are next week in Montreal and Nov. 5 at home versus Winnipeg. In announcing a change at quarterback earlier in the week, Hufnagel said Burris, 36, played "hesitant" in the teams seven previous games. The franchise leader in passing yards, who led Calgary to a Grey Cup title in 2008, awaits the opportunity to show he can still take his team deep into the post-season. "You guys can fill in the blanks," Burris told reporters after the game. "But Im a team guy. Im ready to go. I shouldnt have to be in that position to watch, but it was a decision that was made and Im going to go with it. Im ready to go as always." With the Roughriders eliminated from playoff contention, the green-clad contingent which normally swells attendance at McMahon was depleted at 29,698. Both football teams were decked out in pink accessories -- chin guards, skull caps, wristbands, gloves and ankle tape -- to promote PinkPower, a fundraising campaign for womens cancers. Tate had made 155 pass attempts in the CFL without an interception until the third quarter. Nick Grahams pick gave Saskatchewan the ball at the 46-yard line. But on the following drive, an under-pressure Durant coughed up the ball to defensive lineman Charleston Hughes, who chugged 67 yards before he was tackled on Saskatchewans doorstep by Freddie Barnes. Cornish finished with a five-yard run at 9:20 to pad Calgarys lead to 24-13. Defensive tackle Devone Claybrooks mock-interviewed Hughes after the game and questioned his teammate about not getting the ball into the end zone. Hughes said he didnt think anyone was chasing him because he saw safety Eric Frazier throw his finger into the air in triumph after blocking for him. "I thought I was free and I thought I could slow down and just walk into the end zone, not knowing somebody to my right was chasing after me," Hughes said. Milo was successful from 32 yards at 6:04 of the third quarter, but the Stamps still led 17-13. An unnecessary roughness penalty by Saskatchewans Tearrius George with two seconds remaining in the half put Calgary in field-goal position. Paredess 37-yarder gave the hosts a 17-10 cushion at the half. Saskatchewan ended their run of touchdown-free football at 6:30 of the second quarter to make it 10-7 for the visitors. Durant ran the ball in himself from five yards out. Saskatchewans 286.22 minutes without an offensive touchdown surpassed the previous record of 266.48 set in 1979. "The fact that we got a touchdown, it was a good thing," Miller said. "We had opportunities to get about three or four more and we did not. Thats more troubling than any stretch they went without one." Tate engineered Calgarys opening scoring drive at 1:03. He distributed the ball in the air and on the ground on a nine-play, 80-yard effort. Bryant, a wide receiver, capped it with a rare rushing four-yard major. Saskatchewan led 3-0 heading into the second quarter on a 25-yard field goal by Milo. Saskatchewan ends their season against Hamilton and Edmonton respectively. Notes: Saskatchewan slotback Andy Fantuz didnt make the trip to Calgary due to an ankle injury he suffered last week against B.C. . . . The Roughriders woes against West Division opponents this season continued as they are 0-9 . . . Calgarys all-time leading rusher Joffrey Reynolds was inserted back into the lineup after three games as a healthy scratch. He had 18 yards on four carries. cheap nfl jerseys . -- Kasey Kahne is the first two-time pole winner of the season in NASCARs Sprint Cup Series after he posted the fastest lap in qualifying Saturday at Martinsville Speedway. nfl jerseys china .A. Dickeys dancing knuckleball that he didnt even expect to play Tuesday night. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysonli... .Y. -- San Jose coach Todd McLellan was happy enough to laugh about the winning goal, even if it didnt come on the play he designed. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseyschina.net/]wholesale jerseys . - Reid Gardiner had two goals and two assists as the Prince Albert Raiders snapped a seven-game winless streak by defeating the visiting Saskatoon Blades 5-2 on Friday in Western Hockey League action. jerseys from china . Miller, the Riders director of football operations, fired head coach Greg Marshall and offensive co-ordinator Doug Berry on Friday, the day after Saskatchewans 24-18 road loss to the Toronto Argonauts.NYON, Switzerland -- A Barcelona-Real Madrid "Clasico," a Jose Mourinho reunion with Chelsea or a rematch of the first final 20 seasons ago between AC Milan and Marseille are among the tantalizing possibilities in Fridays draw for the Champions League quarterfinals. The unseeded draw, bringing together eight teams from seven different countries, features six former European champions --including Milan, Bayern Munich, Benfica and Marseille -- plus former finalist Chelsea and Cypriot underdog APOEL. Barcelona and Madrid, and their prolific goalscorers Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, will be the opponents to avoid, and even UEFA President Michel Platini has said that the Spanish powers would make for "a great final." Barcelona won its fourth European title last season after ousting Madrid in a volatile semifinal that saw Madrid coach Mourinho banished to the stands and suspended from the touchline for the return match. Still, nine-time European champion Madrid has improved in its second season under the Portuguese coach, who could become the first coach to lead three different clubs to win world footballs most prestigious club competition. Mourinho won with FC Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010, but could not give Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich the European title he craves during three years in London. Under Mourinho, Inter beat Chelsea in the last 16 two years ago, and his route to the trophy could again go through west London after veterans Didier Drogba, John Terry and Frank Lampard inspired a thrilling extra-time victory over Napoli on Wednesday. "People cant understand how much I love Chelsea and I know if I get them in the quarterfinals or the semifinals, they would be great opponents," Mourinho said Wednesday after Madrid completed a 5-2 aggregate win over CSKA Moscow. "Id love to play them in the final." Chelseas win ensured that England extended its run as the only country to bee represented in the quarterfinals each year since the competition was opened to non-champions in 1997. cheap nfl jerseys. . The first leg matches will be played March 27-28, with the return matches on April 3-4. UEFA will also draw the semifinal pairings Friday to plot teams path to the final on May 19 in Munich. Bayern is aiming to be the first team playing for the title with home-field advantage since AS Roma lost the 1984 European Cup in the Olympic Stadium against Liverpool. Only Madrid (1957) and Inter (1965) became European champions in their own stadium. Though this seasons Champions League has been relatively unpredictable, the quarterfinal lineup has restored the balance of power. Six teams have combined to win 27 titles in the competitions 56 years, while Chelsea came close to winning the 2008 final in a penalty shootout against Manchester United. Barcelona could become the first club to successfully defend the trophy in the 20 years since the old European Cup was rebranded. Marseille was the first Champions League winner, beating Milan 1-0 in a 1993 final also played in Munich at the Olympic Stadium. The French club has now reached the quarterfinals for the first time since. Fridays draw could also reunite the 1994 finalists, when Milan outclassed a favoured Barcelona team 4-0 in Athens. APOEL offers the Cinderella storyline as the first Cypriot club to rech this stage, and on a C10 million ($13 million) annual budget awhich is less than Mourinhos salary. The Nicosia club has advanced despite scoring as many goals in eight games -- seven -- as Barcelona and Bayern managed in their last game alone. APOEL has even been outscored by Messi, whose competition-leading 12 goals includes five in a 7-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen last week, and Bayerns Mario Gomez, who got four in a 7-0 thrashing of FC Basel on Tuesday to take his tally to 10. The Europa League quarterfinal and semifinal draws will also be conducted. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes