Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

r goalie kept us out of it." NOTES: The Rangers re...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

r goalie kept us out of it." NOTES: The Rangers recalled G Chad

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/20 04:43AM
Latest post: 2014/08/20 04:43AM, Views: 298, Posts: 1
r goalie kept us out of it." NOTES: The Rangers recalled G Chad
#1   2014/08/20 04:43AM
wff0605
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. wholesale jerseys . -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Michael Thomas came through, intercepting Bradys fourth-down pass in the end zone with 2 seconds left Sunday to seal a seesaw 24-20 victory over the New England Patriots. Thomas celebrated by flopping to his back and was swarmed by his new teammates. "I didnt know what his first name was," defensive tackle Jared Odrick said. "Thats being thrown in the fire and reacting. Thats a pure athlete." The Dolphins (8-6) won their third game in a row to help their AFC wild-card chances. They also snapped a streak of seven consecutive losses to the Patriots (10-4), who missed a chance to clinch their fifth consecutive AFC East title. Miamis breakthrough win left even stoic second-year coach Joe Philbin in a mood to celebrate. "I might jump in my pool," he said. "Ive been in it once since Ive been here." Brady threw for 364 yards, but was frustrated by a succession of squandered scoring chances. He answered only two questions at his postgame news conference before cutting the session short. "We didnt do a good job in the red area, and didnt do a good job finishing drives," he said. "We came up on the short end of the stick. It wasnt a good day. Just couldnt make enough plays." The Patriots had mounted second-half rallies to win their past three games, and were on the verge of doing it again when Brady led them from their own 20 with 1:15 remaining to the Miami 14. "The longest 75 seconds of my life," said Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who squirmed on the sideline. With New England out of timeouts, Brady threw for the end zone four times in a row. The first three passes went incomplete, including one intended for Danny Amendola that Thomas broke up on first down. Then, Thomas stepped in front of Austin Collie to make his interception. "I knew being the new guy that Tom Brady would come after me," Thomas said. "Hes a great quarterback, and hes going to exploit any weaknesses. I knew if I got in there I would have a chance. I saw the ball in the air and I made a play." Thomas was part of an injury-depleted secondary that also included backups at both cornerback spots on the final drive. A large supporting cast has played a significant role in the recent success of the Dolphins, who are 5-2 since tackle Jonathan Martin left the team in a bullying scandal that drew national notoriety. "Weve grown a lot," Tannehill said. "Each of us has gotten stronger through the adversity weve faced off the field and on the field." Tannehill shook off four sacks to throw for 312 yards and three touchdowns, including a 14-yarder to Marcus Thigpen with 1:15 left that provided the winning margin. His other scoring passes covered 39 yards to Mike Wallace and 2 yards to Daniel Thomas. Brady went 34 for 55 and threw two scores. Julian Edelman made 13 catches for 139 yards, and Amendola added 10 receptions for 131 yards. New England took a 20-17 lead when Edelman scored on a 24-yard reception with four minutes left, but the Dolphins caught a break when the ensuing kickoff by Stephen Gostkowski went out of bounds, allowing them to start at their 40. Charles Clay kept the driving going when he turned a short pass into a 6-yard gain on fourth and 5 at midfield, and Thigpen scored five plays later. New England, accustomed to slow starts, took a 10-0 lead on Michael Hoomanawanuis one-handed, 13-yard touchdown reception. But on other trips to the red zone they missed tight end Rob Gronkowski, who suffered a season-ending knee injury a week ago. The Patriots mounted drives of 16 and 15 plays but settled for a field goal each time, and Gostkowski misfired on a field-goal try for only the third time this year when he sailed a 48-yard attempt wide left. "Today just wasnt my day," Gostkowski said. "It stinks to play terrible and your team loses. Its like salt on the wound." Special teams were only part of the Pats problem, coach Bill Belichick said. "We were short in every area," he said. "Nothing was really good enough." Notes: Patriots T Nate Solder aggravated a head injury in the second half and sat out rest of game. ... Dolphins DT Paul Soliai sat out the last three quarters with an ankle injury. CB Nolan Carroll (knee) was limited in the second half, and CB Brent Grimes (cramps) went to the sideline in the fourth quarter. ... The Dolphins botched a field-goal try when John Denney snapped the ball before holder Brandon Fields was ready, and the ball hit Fields in the face mask. ... Miamis seven home games have been decided by a total of 23 points. wholesale nfl jerseys . Mathias Niederberger made 36 saves in Game 4 as Barrie doubled up Oshawa 4-2 to sweep the best-of-seven second-round matchup. The 20-year-old goaltender was steady for the Colts all series, but was at his best on the road in Games 3 and 4 as he turned away 71-of-73 combine shots. Cheap Jerseys From China .Y. -- San Jose coach Todd McLellan was happy enough to laugh about the winning goal, even if it didnt come on the play he designed. http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/[/ur... . Rakell, has played in four games with the Ducks this season, posting no points. The 30th selection of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, had been a scratch for the Ducks last seven games. [url=http://www.cheapnfl-jerseys.us.com/]nfl jerseys china . -- After the Anaheim Ducks went on a frantic six-week sprint just to make the post-season, Teemu Selanne thinks its understandable they couldnt maintain that breakneck pace going into their playoff opener. wholesale nfl jerseys . A 1-0 defeat to Chivas USA left the club without a point through its first five matches of the Major League Soccer season.NEW YORK -- Henrik Lundqvist took a ride up to the New York Rangers practice rink on Tuesday morning, thinking he would have that night off when the Winnipeg Jets came to town. A bout with the flu for backup Martin Biron changed all that for New Yorks all-star goalie. Instead of resting during the last game before the break, Lundqvist went out and put up the 40th shutout of his stellar NHL career. Lundqvist made 22 saves in his surprise start, and Ryan Callahan, John Mitchell and Brad Richards provided the offence in the Rangers 3-0 victory over the Jets on Tuesday night. Lundqvist (22-10-4) made his fifth consecutive start for the Eastern Conference-leading Rangers, his busiest stretch since he played in New Yorks first six games. "Four games in a row," said Lundqvist, who was surprised when told it was actually five. He sarcastically added that he is "pretty banged up" before giving a true assessment. "I feel great," Lundqvist said. "When youre winning, youre more relaxed and you dont use as much energy between games. "I had to change a little bit. In my head I was kind of relaxed. I was thinking a little bit about all-star, Im not going to lie. Thats what you do when you dont play. You try to get away from the game." The Rangers won their second straight, following up on an overtime victory Saturday at Boston -- the team that trails them by two points in the East. New York had alternated wins and losses the previous six games. Facing Winnipeg, a team the Rangers had already beaten twice this season, they wanted to make sure there was no letdown before the upcoming six-day rest period. "It just shows the maturity of the team," captain Callahan said. "We concentrated on this game. These two points are just as important as they were against Boston. We came out, played the game we wanted to." Biron allowed only one goal in beating the Jets in New Yorks two previous meetings, and Lundqvist picked up where he left off -- earning his fifth shutout of the season. Winnipeg, which lost 2-1 at Carolina on Monday, was outshot 31-22 and fell to 0-8 in the second of back-to-back games. The Jets have been outscored 33-5 in those losses. "I cant put my finger on it," Jets captain Andrew Ladd said. "We came out with a pretty spirited effort. We were battling, did a lot of good things. Its not the easiest thing. One of the top teams in the league was sitting there waiting for us." Callahan gave the Rangers a 1-0 just 4:05 in when he got to a rebound of defenceman Anton Stralmans shot and slammeed it into the wide-open left side of the net for his 17th. wholesale nfl jerseys. He has three goals and two assists in his last four games. Winnipeg didnt have much jump in the first period, when it was outshot 11-6, and rarely had control of the puck. The Jets picked up the pace in the second, landing several heavy hits, but still generated only six more shots -- none of which seriously threatened Lundqvist. The Jets best scoring chance came with 4:36 left when Blake Wheeler tried to jam a shot in, but was stuffed by the post as Lundqvist spread out his pads. The puck skimmed through the crease, and was nearly deflected in by Lundqvist, but he lifted his right leg just in time -- allowing the puck to slide by and out of danger. "I almost thought that he scored," Lundqvist said. "I was lucky. I felt like I had a little extra luck. Some nights you just have the bounces on your side, I guess." Just two minutes earlier, Mitchell stretched the Rangers lead to 2-0 with his fifth of the season and third in five games. Michael Del Zotto sent a pass across the Winnipeg zone and hit Mitchell in stride in the middle of the left circle for a hard snap shot that appeared to tick goalie Ondrej Pavelecs glove on its way to the top right corner at 13:22. Richards pushed the lead to 3-0 with 3:38 left in the game, scoring his 16th this season and first in eight games. The low shot total was out of character for the Jets, who had outshot opponents in each of the previous five games -- averaging 32.5 per contest. When Winnipeg put pressure on Lundqvist, he was up to the task. Less than three minutes into the third period, Tanner Glass had a chance from point-blank range near the right post, but Lundqvist got over and stopped the drive with his pad and covered the puck. "They are a top team," said Winnipegs Chris Thorburn, who fought Mike Rupp twice. "They play well defensively and they block a lot of shots. Its almost like youve got to do double the work to get the same amount of shots. "Lundqvist made a couple of good saves, and so did Pav. Our goalie kept us in it and their goalie kept us out of it." NOTES: The Rangers recalled G Chad Johnson from Connecticut of the AHL to back up Lundqvist. ... Jets C Evander Kane, who missed his third game because of a concussion, was placed on the injured list. Winnipeg recalled F Aaron Gagnon from St. Johns of the AHL. ... The Rangers went 0 for 4 on the power play and are 3 for 42 on the advantage the past 17 games. ... Winnipeg has killed 20 of 21 power plays the past eight games. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes