Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

temporary custody of grandson after distur - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

temporary custody of grandson after distur

Started by johnihao, 2014/08/06 08:35PM
Latest post: 2014/08/06 08:35PM, Views: 343, Posts: 1
temporary custody of grandson after distur
#1   2014/08/06 08:35PM
johnihao
'Dog' Chapman awarded temporary custody of grandson after distur

That's how William Quinlan, Parks Committee member, describes the beach bathrooms on the North Shore of Oahu. That's how William Quinlan, Parks Committee member, describes the beach bathrooms on the North Shore of Oahu.

The alleged abuse happened Eric Ebron Jersey September 30. Last Friday Duane and Beth Chapman were awarded temporary custody of the boy in part because of an audio recording taken by the upstairs neighbor.

The man is heard lecturing the child and cursing at him. Then he says "bend over" and the lashings begin. During the incident the boy can be heard crying and yelling "no more." The man yells at him to move his hands. Thirteen slaps are heard but the defense attorney has a different take.

"It wasn bare skin and it was through his clothing and it was 3 to 5 hits on his rear. He said move your hands because he didn want to hit his hands www.... he was going to hit his rear," said Jason Lewis, Travis Mimms Attorney. "We do question how authentic it really is because they might have modified the sounds of the lashings, or the hits or the spankings."

Travis Mimms is the boy father. The mother is Dog Chapman daughter who died in a car accident in 2006.

Mimms attorney admits Travis did discipline his 9 year old son with a belt because he got in trouble at school, lied to his teacher and hid the notes that were supposed to go home.

He says Mimms also spanked his son when he caught the boy stealing $100. However he says that form of spanking is rare.

"Parents can use discipline. It is not illegal to spank. There is a lot of discretion there. There have been several cases where the courts have found and juries have found that there was not abuse," said Lewis.

Dog Chapman wrote in the court documents that Mimms is violent and says the abuse was reported to the school and the state but CPS or Child Protective Services did nothing.

"The reason why they did nothing, and I talked with Robert Sato, the CPS investigator, he said he did not find any immediate harm or threat to the child," said Lewis.

However Chapman was awarded temporary custody. The reality star says he is not looking for permanent custody but he wants Mimms to get help and take parental classes before the [url=http://www.lionsauthenticofficial.com/authentic-kyle-van-noy-jersey.html]ww... boy is returned to the home.

"I was shocked and heartbroken to hear the recent reports of abuse of my grandson by his father, Travis Mimms, Sr. I know Travis Sr. loves his son, and I know it very difficult to be a single parent at such a young age, but I love my grandson and only want what best for him," said Duane Chapman, in a [url=http://www.lionsauthenticofficial.com/authentic-kyle-van-noy-jersey.html]Ky... Van Noy Jersey
written statement. "During the last phone call I had with my daughter, Barbara Katie, she said to me, "Please, daddy, take care of (your grandson). Don ever let anything happen to him."

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes