Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Who's picking the Baltimore - Country Music Talk F...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Who's picking the Baltimore

Started by cowboysba, 2014/08/06 04:19AM
Latest post: 2014/08/06 04:19AM, Views: 272, Posts: 1
Who's picking the Baltimore
#1   2014/08/06 04:19AM
cowboysba
Who's picking the Baltimore Ravens to beat the Green Bay Packers in Week 6

The Super Bowl champions have been schizophrenic, going up and down within games and looking like two different teams at home vs. on the road. They just got Ray Rice on track, and Joe Flacco steps into a favorable duel with Aaron Rodgers. It helps both Rice and Flacco that Clay Matthews is out. What doesn't help Rodgers, however, is the fact that his offensive line must deal with Terrell Suggs and a strong pass defense behind him.

CBS Sports' Pete Prisco expects the Ravens to lose, 27 23, at home to Green Bay.

The Packers seemed to right things last week coming out of the bye. But they will play this one without Clay Matthews, their best pass rusher. The Ravens got after the quarterback last week, but this week I think Aaron Rodgers gets the best of that defense. Packers take it on the road.

John Breech of CBS Sports picks the Packers to win by a touchdown.

Statistically, the Ravens and Packers have pretty similar defenses. The Packers defense is ranked fifth in the NFL against the rush, the Ravens defense is ranked sixth. The Ravens give up 245.6 pass yards per game, the Packers give up 288.8. My point here is that if the defenses are somewhat equal, that makes me feel like the winning team will be the one with better quarterback. Packers 31 24 over the Ravens.

Overall, three of the eight CBS Sports analysts believe the Ravens will win.

Frank Schwab and Les Carpenter of Yahoo Sports are split on their prediction. Schwab likes the Packers, while Carpenter predicts a win for the Ravens.

For Showtime's Inside the NFL, Cris Collinsworth and Phil Simms both expect the Ravens to win, while guest Bruce Smith takes the Packers.

ProFootball Talk's Michael David Smith and Mike Florio disagree on their picks. Smith likes the Packers, while Florio expects the Ravens to win.

MDS take: Aaron Rodgers and Joe Flacco both signed enormous contracts this offseason, but only one of them is earning his money. The struggling Ravens offense will have a good opportunity to put some points on the board against a Packers defense that missing Clay Matthews, but Rodgers will do more damage than Flacco as the Packers win a high scoring game. wholesale nhl jerseys MDS pick: Packers 31, Ravens 27.

Florio take: It rock scissors paper time in Baltimore, where the Ravens defense is becoming the rock and the Packers offensive line is running with scissors. Florio pick: Ravens 24, Packers 20.

Time for the Packers to win a road game and start making a move to take charge of the wide open NFC North. Baltimore has one of the most reliable home field advantages in the NFL, but I haven't seen enough consistency yet from the Ravens offense to convince me that Joe Flacco will out gun the steady Aaron Rodgers in one of the marquee games of Week 6.

Picking for CBS Sports, former professional wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts doesn't think the Ravens will get within the 3 1/2 point spread against the Packers.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes