Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Veteran receiver Davone - Country Music Talk Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Veteran receiver Davone

Started by cowboysyi, 2014/07/22 08:31PM
Latest post: 2014/07/22 08:31PM, Views: 333, Posts: 1
Veteran receiver Davone
#1   2014/07/22 08:31PM
cowboysyi
Veteran receiver Davone Bess vows to fix problem with dropped passes

BEREA: The Browns swapped draft picks with the Miami Dolphins in April as part of a trade that brought wide receiver Davone Bess to Cleveland. Then they signed Bess to a three year contract extension because they believed he would be a reliable, go to playmaker on third down.

But Bess has had a disappointing season marred by dropped passes. According to STATS LLC, Bess is tied for seventh in the league with five drops.

as planned, Bess said Friday after practice. the good thing about this league is getting on to the next week and putting what happened behind you and looking forward. 5 foot 10, 195 pound Bess will get his next shot at redemption Sunday when the Browns (3 4) visit the Kansas City Chiefs (7 0). Quarterback Jason Campbell will start in place of Brandon Weeden, who was benched this week after struggling in back to back losses. The Browns will use their third starting quarterback in eight games, though Bess isn blaming the carousel for his woes.

the scapegoat, so to speak, said Bess, who has tallied 25 catches for 234 yards this season. the easy way to see that why I dropping balls. But that not the case at all. [It just a lack of concentration on my behalf. I know I better than that, and I going to fix it. 28, has never had fewer than 50 catches in a season since he entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie in 2008. In the past five years, he accounted for 130 third down receptions, second most in the NFL during that span.

As a team, the Browns are tied for fourth in the league with 20 drops, according to STATS LLC. They also 25th in third down conversion percentage (35.1). In other words, they need Bess to get his act together.

helps with that, Bess said. happened before. I sure that won be the last time it happens. That the nature of this game. It about bouncing back. It about making the most of your next opportunity. reunion

Mitchell Schwartz is the starting right offensive tackle for the Browns, and his older brother, Geoff, is a backup for the Chiefs at the same position.

Their parents, Lee Schwartz and Olivia Goodkin, will attend the game. Mitchell said his mother plans to wear a split jersey, half Browns and half Chiefs.

Geoff, 27, has been a major influence on Mitchell, 24. They have never played a game at any level on opposing teams. Mitchell was sitting out his freshman year as a redshirt at the University of California when it faced Geoff, a senior at the time, and the University of Oregon.

always had a lot more football knowledge than I have, so I been able to kind of use that, especially in college when I knew a lot less than I do now, helping out with that kind of stuff, Mitchell said. we talk about everything whether it football or regular stuff. brothers text and talk on the phone regularly, but they rarely see each other in person during the season.

on different schedules, Mitchell said. have different bye weeks. It be cool to see each other, spend time together.

Mitchell said they plan to go out to dinner today.

his city, so he picking the place, Mitchell said.

Feel wholesale mlb jerseys the noise

The Guinness World Record for loudest crowd roar at an outdoor sports stadium was set Oct. 13 at Arrowhead Stadium when Chiefs fans generated a decibel reading of 137.5 in a 24 7 win over the Oakland Raiders.

daunting to hear loudest in the league all the other places we played have been pretty loud, too, Browns center Alex Mack said. be a challenge. It always a challenge in away games. It being stressed this week in practice, and we do what we can. venues can create headaches for visiting offenses. Penalties are common for false starts and delays of game.

The Browns used a silent snap count Sept. 22 throughout their 31 27 win over the Minnesota Vikings in the ultra loud Metrodome. Mack said the offense uses very secret silent snap procedure that he won share.

with all the linemen is just more difficult in terms of snap count and hearing that kind of stuff and communicating down the line and making sure everyone on the same page, Mack said. why it nice to play at home all that stuff is a lot easier. matchup

The Browns interior offensive linemen are bracing for an encounter with Chiefs standout nose tackle Dontari Poe. The 11th overall pick in last year draft, Poe has 25 tackles, including five for loss and 4 of the Chiefs NFL leading 35 sacks. He often draws double teams because he wreaks so much havoc.

really come into his own, Browns right guard Shawn Lauvao said. really athletic, strong, fast, all the good things in a good defensive lineman. He does a good job in terms of freeing other guys up. He kind of reminds me of [Baltimore Ravens four time Pro Bowl nose tackle] Haloti [Ngata]. We got our work cut out this week for sure. updates

The Browns listed backup outside linebacker Quentin Groves (ankle) as doubtful and backup defensive end Billy Winn (strained quadriceps) as questionable.

Winn practiced all week on a limited basis and hopes to play for the first time since Sept. 22.

so excited, Winn said. been a long time, and I miss it. I been bored just sitting there and watching all the guys have all this fun. Not being able to be out there, it kills me.

don want to force it and go out there too early and have a setback. But I do feel like I ready. It going to be a decision that we have to wait and listen for. running back Willis McGahee (knee) practiced Friday after resting Thursday. He one of six Browns players listed as probable.

The Chiefs listed two starters as questionable: wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) and free safety Kendrick Lewis (ankle). Bowe did not practice Friday, and Lewis was limited.

Fine or no fine?

Browns linebacker Eric Martin was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness in the third quarter Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. He struck an opponent late during a special teams play.

Browns free safety Tashaun Gipson was not fined for his hit on Packers tight end Jermichael Finley in the fourth quarter that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. Finley suffered a bruised spinal cord during the play.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes