Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

with the team, starting with the facilities availa...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

with the team, starting with the facilities available to the Wallabies to

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/15 10:14AM
Latest post: 2014/07/15 10:14AM, Views: 311, Posts: 1
with the team, starting with the facilities available to the Wallabies...
#1   2014/07/15 10:14AM
wff0605
ATLANTA -- Kyle Korver thinks the Atlanta Hawks have been too hesitant to beat a struggling opponent decisively. That wasnt the case this time. Devin Harris scored 20 points, Josh Smith added 18 and the surging Hawks beat Charlotte 113-90 on Thursday night to hand the Bobcats their 10th straight defeat. "I think mentally, in the locker room, we just decided that we were going to do it," Korver said. "Its easy to let up when youve got a lead and youre trying to create some energy, and weve done that several times." Gerald Henderson finished with 17 points and Ramon Sessions had 16 for Charlotte. The Hawks are 12-3 since losing three of their first five games this season. Atlanta, which moved into a first-place tie with Miami in the Southeast Division, has won two straight and five of six. "As Ive stated before, we have to develop that killer instinct and keep playing well even when you have teams down," coach Larry Drew said. "We built a 28-point lead at one point, but they cut into it." Lou Williams had eight of his nine assists in the first half for Atlanta. Williams, who finished with 13 points, matched his career high in assists, and Ivan Johnson added a season-high 16 points. Hawks centre Al Horford finished with 11 points and three rebounds, ending his streak of seven consecutive double-doubles. Atlanta got off to a strong start offensively, hitting nearly 63 per cent of its first 35 shots before Horford and Williams missed jumpers to end the first half. Charlotte shot 35.9 per cent and trailed by 17 at the break. "When you dig a hole like that, its going to be tough," Bobcats rookie Jeff Taylor said after scoring 12 points. "Were a young team, but we will stay together and hopefully start playing better and getting some breaks as well." Since winning in double overtime at Washington on Nov. 24 and improving to 7-5, the Bobcats have looked similar to the Charlotte team that finished last season 7-59 for the worst winning percentage in NBA history. The Bobcats were coming off a dispiriting home loss Wednesday to the Los Angeles Clippers in which they blew a seven-point lead in the fourth quarter. When Charlotte last visited Philips Arena on Nov. 28, the game was decided on Horfords late free throws and a missed 3-pointer by Hornets forward Byron Mullens. The Hornets were led that night by Ben Gordon, who scored 20 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter. On Thursday, Gordon had just seven points on 2-for-9 shooting. Henderson, though, considered defence a bigger problem. "We cant come up with any consistent stops," he said. "Its on everybody. Were playing in the NBA. There are some tough matchups out there for whatever lineups we have out there." Korver, playing for the second straight night after returning from a five-game absence caused by back spasms, finished with 13 points in 22 minutes. Williams hit consecutive 3-pointers to give Atlanta its first double-digit lead at 26-14 late in the first quarter. Harris hit a 3 midway through the second that made it 45-28. Smiths third-quarter dunk gave the Hawks a 66-43 advantage early in the third. "Normally when we get big leads, we tend to get complacent a little bit and kind of let our guards down," Smith said. "Tonight we were able to keep our foot on the gas and not let up." NOTES: Hawks starting F DeShawn Stevenson scored nine points after missing Wednesdays win at Orlando with a knee injury. ... Atlanta improved to 4-0 on the second night of back-to-backs. ... The Hawks have won seven straight against Charlotte, including three meetings this season. Cheap LeBron James Cavaliers Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders thin receiving corps got a boost Thursday when Denarius Moore returned to practice from an injury and the team signed Derek Hagan. LeBron James Cavaliers Jersey . "Go Pack Go," he said. It was no use. Chicago kept its playoff hopes alive -- but only momentarily. The Bears beat the Detroit Lions 26-24 on Sunday, then were eliminated from post-season contention when Minnesota edged Green Bay 37-34 to earn the final NFC wild card. http://ww... . After spending the first 12 seasons of his career with the Texas Rangers, it was stay with the only team ever played with in the majors as a part-timer without a set position, or the seven-time All-Star could go to Philadelphia to be the everyday third baseman for another playoff-contending team. [url=http://www.nbacavaliersofficial.com/Lebron-James-Cavaliers-Jersey]LeBron James Cavaliers Youth Jersey .Y. -- Brayden Schenn scored the winner on Wednesday as the Adirondack Phantoms defeated the St. LeBron James Cavaliers Womens Jersey . Jack Nicklaus gave Palmer a hard handshake. Gary Player offered a pat on the back, a fitting end to a memorable day for the golf greats. Nicklaus, Palmer, Player made up a threesome in a nostalgic, 18-hole exhibition round Saturday in conjunction with the second round of the Champions Tours Insperity Championship.SYDNEY, Australia -- Wallaby flyhalf Quade Cooper was fined $60,000 and given a suspended three-match ban after being found guilty Wednesday by an Australian Rugby Union disciplinary panel of bringing the game into disrepute. After a four-hour hearing Wednesday, a three-man panel found the 24-year-old Cooper guilty of making disparaging comments in September on social media and television which heavily criticized the Wallabies and coach Robbie Deans, including claims of a "toxic environment" which angered current and former players and coaching staff. "It was a very fair hearing and I was very happy with the outcome," said Cooper, a talented playmaker who has 38 test caps since his international debut in 2008. "Obviously, the sentence that has been handed to me, I have full respect for that and I understand that I fell well below par in what it means to be a Wallaby. For all the supporters that are out there, my apologies. "From now on, Im just looking forward to the future -- hopefully having a big year (in 2013), with not only my state (Queensland) but the Wallabies. And Im very much looking forward to overcoming my injury and getting back out on the field." Cooper, who has a history of discipline issues, is sitting out of Australias season-ending tour to Europe due to a persistent right knee ailment. He spent seven months on the sidelines following surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee following last years World Cuup, but reinjured it late in this seasons Rugby Championship.dddddddddddd Coopers current contract with the ARU expires on Dec. 31. "ARU placed contract negotiations with Quade Cooper on hold until the tribunal process had been finalized," ARU deputy chief executive Matt Carroll said in a statement Wednesday. "Given the tribunal has handed down its decision, this matter as far as we are concerned has been finalized. ARU will now look at how we address the contract situation involving Quade Cooper." On Sept. 28, Cooper said in a television interview that the national squads "toxic environment is sort of destroying me as a person and as a player." He added that there were "a number of things" that need to be addressed with the team, starting with the facilities available to the Wallabies to prepare for international matches. Cooper told "The Rugby Club" program that "other people feel the same but theres going to be people that are happy with the environment and some that are not happy ... my comments were not designed to add more division to the team." "My hope and intent is that things are fixed from this point on and makes it a better environment for people moving forward whether Im involved or not." Cooper has talked about the possibility of switching to rugby league to play with his close friend and former All Blacks centre Sonny Bill Williams, a dual union and league international. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes