Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

before being waived on final cuts. He was re-signe...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

before being waived on final cuts. He was re-signed last week

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/06 09:08AM
Latest post: 2014/07/06 09:08AM, Views: 307, Posts: 1
before being waived on final cuts. He was re-signed last week
#1   2014/07/06 09:08AM
wff0605
Despite the heightened media commitments and general buzz and excitement surrounding the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto, players on both teams insisted they arent losing focus leading up to the big game. "As a player, I dont watch the news, I dont really read the paper so Im not hearing about all the stuff thats going on," said Toronto Argonauts veteran quarterback Ricky Ray, who will play in his fourth Grey Cup on Sunday. "Im just focusing on what were doing so you dont really feel the buzz. Youre just along for the ride and doing what you need to be doing." On the other side of the ball, veteran slotback Nik Lewis of the Calgary Stampeders was more succinct. "We step out on the practice field and in meetings, were focused on what we need to do." This weeks festivities are huge for fans. Being the 100th edition of the Grey Cup, the celebrations in Toronto are sure to be memorable, but the competing players all agreed theyve come too far to take their eyes off the prize now. "At this point and time, we cant have any distractions. We have to be locked in," Argos rookie receiver Dontrelle Inman said. "This is the stretch drive," he continued. "Now we can just focus on playing football, focus on Sunday." Players arent naïve to the situation; they know Sunday is a big game with big implications. But they also know that at the end of the day, its still just lining up and trying to beat your opponent. "Theres no shift in focus. Its another football game, its just the Grey Cup," Argonauts linebacker and former Stampeder Brandon Isaac said. "Its big because its the Grey Cup and were thankful that were here, but whats going to change? Xs and Os arent going to change, their personnel isnt going to change, how theyre going to attack us isnt going to change, so we just have to come out and understand its just a football game." "I know there are a lot of emotions that are going to be behind it because its a big football game, but football is football, regardless of the stage." "I try and just stick to the same things. I try and do the same things every week," Ray echoed. "As long as I stick to that routine, I feel Im prepared and ready to go, so Ill just try and stick to those things." Many veterans said they make it their duty to ensure everyone on the team remains focused on the goal. Stampeders middle linebacker Juwan Simpson, likely to start on Sunday after practicing Thursday, shared some interesting motivation he has brought up with teammates this week. "First off, you talk about the pay day that a lot of these guys are going to get," Simpson said. "Youd be a fool to think that everybody out here doesnt care about the money – lets just be honest, they do. Just let them know this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. There are guys that I played with in 2008 (Calgarys last appearance in the Grey Cup) that arent in the CFL anymore. This could possibly be your last chance, no matter how good you are." The Stampeders and Argonauts face off in the 100th Grey Cup on Sunday. Coverage begins at 1pm et/10am pt on TSN. coach handbags outlet . But if "Bones" Jones had the chance to make his decision again, he would still tell UFC President Dana White that he wouldnt accept a replacement light heavyweight title defence on eight days notice. coach factory online outlet . So far this season, Baltimores centre fielder appears to be putting it all together. Jones continued his consistent play with three hits and his 14th home run, Nick Markakis added a two-run homer and the Orioles matched a season high with their fifth straight win, 6-5 over the Washington Nationals on Saturday night. http://www.coachfactoryoutl... .C. United have signed Brazilian striker Rafael as a designated player on loan for one year. [url=http://www.coachfactoryoutlet-onlinestores.com/]coach outlet online . The 38-year-old Fisher, who has played 16 NBA seasons with four teams, could make his Dallas debut in Saturday nights home game against Detroit. The Mavericks (7-9) have lost three games in a row and eight of 11, including a 101-78 loss Wednesday at Chicago that point guard Darren Collison missed with a sprained right middle finger. coach store online outlet . LOUIS PARK, Minn.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have re-signed running back Keith Toston and waived rookie linebacker Brandon Marshall again. Toston spent the preseason with the Jaguars before being waived on final cuts. He was re-signed last week and returned two kickoffs for 49 yards against Green Bay. He was waived Tuesday, replaced on the roster by Marshall. Toston could be active again Sunday against Detroit since Maurice JJones-Drew (foot) is out and backup Montell Owens (shoulder) has missed more practice time.dddddddddddd Maybe more pressing for Jacksonville is the health of its secondary. Safety Dwight Lowery (ankle) has been ruled out against the Lions and starting cornerbacks Derek Cox (back) and Rashean Mathis (groin) sat out practice Thursday. Cox and Mathis were limited Wednesday, but its unclear if they had setbacks. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes