Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

There is nothing more important to the Canadian Fo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

There is nothing more important to the Canadian Football League

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/05 04:49AM
Latest post: 2014/07/05 04:49AM, Views: 306, Posts: 1
There is nothing more important to the Canadian Football League
#1   2014/07/05 04:49AM
wff0605
The Montreal Alouettes intend to start quarterback Anthony Calvillo on Thursday when they host the Calgary Stampeders. The team is aware, though, that the condition of Calvillos sore shoulder could change between now and Thursday, and the start will be subject to how he feels over the next two days. Calvillo was back at practice and throwing with the team on Tuesday, one day after having an MRI on his sore left shoulder. "Im feeling good and Im looking to play on Thursday against Calgary," he said. Calvillo was hurt while sliding and being tackled during his teams win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday. According to RDS, the 39-year-old pivot did not work with the first-team offence as Adrian McPherson took the snaps with the starters. You can see the Stampeders-Alouettes game on TSN and TSN Mobile TV on Thursday beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Alouettes and their veteran quarterback will be looking for revenge against the Stamps after Calgary demolished Montreal 38-10 in Week 1. Calvillo was picked off twice and held to just 16-of-31 passing for 174 yards and a touchdown. coach factory outlet . Del Potro showed an impressive all-around game to help avenge a heartbreaking loss to Federer in the Olympics Games semifinals in August. "It was an unbelievable final," said Del Potro, who never dropped serve and raised his level in the decisive tiebreaker. coach handbags outlet . -- Andrew Luck is getting a full immersion into the NFL. http://www.coachfactoryoutletweb.com/... . Basically, the leading golf stakeholders (Golf Canada, PGA of Canada, etc.) have an association that comes together for industry purposes. [url=http://www.coachfactoryoutletweb.com/]cheap coach handbags . It turned out to be a smart move, as Zibanejad was called up by the Senators on Monday. The Senators first selection, sixth overall, at the 2011 NHL draft, was in Ottawa enjoying a few days off due to the American Hockey League all-star break when he received a call saying the Senators wanted him at practice. coach outlet online . -- Jorge Villafanas goal in the 69th minute snapped a 600-minute scoreless streak and also dealt a blow to FC Dallas playoff hopes as Chivas USA forged a 1-1 draw Sunday.I worry a lot. I really do. I worry about this, I worry about that, and I worry about the CFL. I always have concerns about in stadium attendance, the quality and integrity of the game, if television ratings are improving. And if the ratings arent improving well then I accept responsibility and start to worry about… ME. But after being in B.C. Place Stadium last Friday night I no longer have any concerns about the B.C. Lions. As we rode to the stadium Friday morning we joked about what you can get for $500 million dollars. As we found out, you get a lot. I always enjoyed playing in B.C. Place. It was my favourite road stadium to experience. Now, I wish I was still playing. The newly renovated stadium is sensory overload. The first thing you notice is how bright and filled with natural light the place is. Then you notice how it changes colours constantly as advertising bands that ring the stadium cycle. I think I experienced every colour imaginable, and some combinations of colours that I had never imagined. And yes, the new building is loud. But I like loud. I have always liked loud music, crowds, traffic and so on. Loud wakes me up, silence puts me to sleep. Then there is the field. The field is perfect, almost surreal in its perfection. And the jumbotron scoreboard hanging above is hypnotic. I was fortunate enough to be at Cowboys Stadium on Monday and B.C. Place on Friday. In physical size, the scoreboard in Dallas is second to none. But the one in B.C. Place is definitely a close second. Both are massive and crystal clear. The seats are new as well. Gone are the old light blue ones. The new ones are a mix of light burgundy, red and grey patterned with a purpose that I have I have yet to figure out.dddddddddddd The roof is a marvel of technology. When I was at Cowboys Stadium I understood why students study architecture. B.C. place made me understand why students study engineering. Now, will all of this make a difference in B.C. Lion football? The answer is yes. The new stadium means instantaneous atmosphere for the ticket holder and instantaneous home field advantage for the Lions. To all those involved, from the creative side, to the money side, and to the significant human labour: you all deserve a huge pat on the back. It truly is a job well done. When you see college football stadiums NFL stadiums in the U.S. you see how they set the standard for being impressive and unique. And without reservation, you see how the stadium experience plays a big time factor in the game. Well B.C. place is big time. It is as impressive as any of the top Stadiums in the U.S. and better than the rest. There is nothing more important to the Canadian Football League than the CFL fan. Presenting an atmosphere of sensory overload and of quality like that of B.C. Place makes coming to the stadium and paying your money truly worthwhile. Even if the game is only average or the home team is having an off-night you know you are going to enjoy the evening. I have great memories of B.C. Place: The 1987 Grey Cup, an Argos-Lions game in 1990 that produced 100 points and many other moments of football excellence. Now in 2011, I have a new memory of a terrific night and money well spent. Congratulations to everyone involved with B.C. Place stadium on a job well done. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes