Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

he game.Game NotesThe Cardinals lead the - Country...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

he game.Game NotesThe Cardinals lead the

Started by lili, 2014/06/07 10:48PM
Latest post: 2014/06/07 10:48PM, Views: 283, Posts: 1
he game.Game NotesThe Cardinals lead the
#1   2014/06/07 10:48PM
lili
LOS ANGELES -- There was only one thing Colorado Rockies manager Jim Tracy could do when he realized the umpires would not change their minds. He went Hollywood. Tracy put on a show after he was ejected for disputing a reversed call in the seventh inning of the Rockies 2-0 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday night. The Dodgers had a runner at second with two outs when Shane Victorino hit a sinking liner and Dexter Fowler attempted a sliding catch. First base umpire Mike Estabrook Called Victorino out. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly came out to question the initial ruling. The umpires huddled and they overturned the call. TV replays showed Fowler trapped the ball. "I caught it one hundred per cent. No doubt," Fowler said. "Shane was still running, and I was like, Arent there three outs? I told the first base umpire he made the right call. I walked into the dugout and skip asked me: Hey, did you catch it? And I told him: Yeah, I caught it. Id never seen that before -- we go in the dugout and then have to go back out." Tracy was ejected by third base umpire and crew chief Mike Everitt when he slammed his cap to the ground. Tracy remained on the field for several minutes having an animated discussion with Everitt. "I think Im a pretty tolerant guy, but theres a limit to everything," Tracy said. "Quite frankly, I think he caught the ball and theres no question about that. Ive seen the replay a few times, and even if he trapped it, I understand and appreciate the fact that the umpires are doing the very best they can to get the calls right. And yet, on that particular play, I find it hard to believe how three other guys can weigh in being as far away from that as they were." The Dodgers failed to capitalize after play resumed because Adam Ottavino retired Mark Ellis on a flyball to left with runners at the corners. Ottavino (3-1) took over in the fifth inning for a tiring Drew Pomeranz and gave up one hit in three innings of relief -- the disputed single by Victorino. Carlos Gonzalez had a sacrifice fly in the first inning and rookie Jordan Pacheco added an RBI single in the third for the Rockies, who prevented the Dodgers from overtaking NL West-leading San Francisco following the Giants loss at St. Louis. Ottavino also got his first big league win at the Dodgers expense in a relief outing on June 1 at Coors Field. Matt Belisle, who came in having allowed 18 earned runs over 19 2-3 innings in his 17 previous appearances at Dodger Stadium, escaped his own jam in the eighth by striking out Luis Cruz with two men on. Rafael Betancourt pitched a perfect ninth for his 18th save in 22 chances. Dodgers lefty Chris Capuano (10-8) allowed two runs and nine hits in seven innings and struck out seven. Pomeranz threw 84 pitches over four innings, allowing three hits and three walks while striking out seven. In his previous four starts, he was 0-3 with a 9.35 ERA after pitching 6 1-3 innings of one-hit ball in a 5-1 victory at Washington on July 6 "I wish Id thrown a few less pitches, but sometimes that happens," Pomeranz said. "My mechanics really werent the greatest today and I struggled with command, but when you make key pitches, you can make all of that kind of go away. I was just missing up with my fastball, but I made it work out there with what I had and my stuff was good when I threw strikes." Pomeranz gave up singles to his first two batters, but escaped his jam by striking out Juan Rivera with two men in scoring position. Two innings later, he walked his first two batters before retiring Matt Kemp on a double-play grounder and striking out Hanley Ramirez with Victorino at third base. "I didnt do my job today," Kemp said. "Victorino gets on and then and Mark gets on base, which is what theyre supposed to do. That happened two innings in a row, where the first two batters get on and I dont drive in any runs or even move them over. We just didnt get any bid hits tonight. Their job is to get us out, and thats what they did." The Rockies, who have played without shortstop Troy Tulowitzki for the last 58 games because of a groin strain, announced Monday that the other remaining star of their 2007 pennant-winning infield -- first baseman Todd Helton -- will undergo arthroscopic surgery Friday to repair a torn labrum in his right hip. Helton, a five-time All-Star and three-time Gold Glove winner who is the franchise leader in almost every major offensive category, turns 39 on Aug. 20 and is determined to return for the final season of the two-year, $9.9 million contract extension he signed in March 2010. Capuano gave up singles to two of his first three batters before Gonzalez hit a sacrifice fly for his team-high 74th RBI. In the third, Capuano gave up three straight one-out singles -- including a run-scoring hit by Pacheco -- but minimized the damage by retiring Ramon Hernandez on a double-play grounder after an intentional walk to Gonzalez. NOTES: Rockies 2B Chris Nelson, who missed 17 games because of an irregular heartbeat, was reinstated from the disabled list to replace Helton on the active roster. ... The Dodgers designated OF Tony Gwynn Jr. for assignment and recalled OF Jerry Sands from Triple-A Albuquerque. ... Tracy said that Pacheco, Matt McBride and Tyler Colvin all will get playing time at 1B in Heltons absence -- along with Michael Cuddyer when he gets off the disabled list. Pacheco started there on Monday night. Cheap Jerseys . Having recently joined from city rival Inter Milan in a swap for Antonio Cassano, Pazzini put Milan in front with a generous penalty in the 16th minute, restored the Rossoneris lead in the 77th after Bologna goalkeeper Federico Agliardi lost control directly in front of the goal, then added an insurance strike in the 85th. Cheap NFL Jerseys . There were plenty of handshakes and welcome-back hugs all around as the six-foot-four, 248-pound tailback returned to the Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday after being released Saturday by the NFLs Miami Dolphins. http://www.jerseystt.com/ . LOUIS PARK, Minn. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Balls regularly clear the fences and drive people in when he faces San Franciscos two-time NL Cy Young Award winner. Cheap Jerseys from china . The city announced Friday that the promoter of the event, Octane Motorsports of Montreal, has told city officials it will not produce the race in July 2013 as planned.St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - Lance Berkman and David Freese both had an RBI double, backing six solid innings from Jaime Garcia, as the Cardinals downed the Braves, 4-3, in the middle contest of a three-game series.Garcia (12-7) allowed three runs on eight hits to earn the win. He struck out four and did not issue a walk.Jason Motte stranded Jason Heyward at third base to record his fourth save of the season.Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina both had an RBI single for the Cardinals, who won Fridays series-opener, 4-3, on Nick Puntos 10th-inning sac fly. They have won four straight to climb within 5 1/2 games of Atlanta in the NL Wild Card race. With the Brewers 3-2 loss to the Phillies on Saturday, St. Louis moved within six games of the NL Central lead.Obviously you dont like where you are in the standings, but guys are playing loose and nobodys stressing out about it, said Berkman. We understand what is in front of us. If we want to make a run it absolutely has to be right now.Derek Lowe (9-14) surrendered four runs on nine hits over six innings to suffer the loss. He walked two and fanned six.Freddie Freeman hit a two-run homer for the Braves, who have lost seven of their last 10 games.St. Louis picked up where it left off on Friday, as Rafael Furcal singled to begin the home first, stole second, advanced to third on Jon Jayys sac bunt and scored on Pujols base hit to left.ddddddddddddPujols moved to second on Berkmans single and scored on Freeses two-out double.Consecutive doubles by Matt Holliday and Berkman pushed a run across in the bottom of the third and Molina followed two batters later with an RBI single up the middle, giving the Cardinals a 4-0 lead.I just look back and I made some bone-headed pitches to Holliday and Berkman, said Lowe.A half-inning later, Freeman made it a 4-2 game with his 19th homer of the year. The blast to left plated Dan Uggla, who began the frame with a single.In the fifth, Michael Bourn singled, stole second -- his major league-leading 52nd steal of the season -- and scored on Brian McCanns single to pull the Braves within a run.They would get no closer, however, as Marc Rzepczynski tossed a scoreless seventh and Fernanado Salas faced the minimum in the eighth before handing the ball to Motte.Heyward worked a one-out walk off of Motte, and with two down, stole second and advanced to third on Molinas throwing error, but Bourn flew out to right to end the game.Game NotesThe Cardinals lead the season series over the Braves 4-1 with one game remaining...Lowe surpassed the 2,500 innings pitched plateau in the fourth. He has never been on the disabled list and ranks sixth among active pitchers in innings pitched. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes