Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d right now, as a fellow football fan, you can onl...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d right now, as a fellow football fan, you can onl

Started by lili, 2014/06/07 07:37AM
Latest post: 2014/06/07 07:37AM, Views: 215, Posts: 1
d right now, as a fellow football fan, you can onl
#1   2014/06/07 07:37AM
lili
TORONTO - Canadian Mark Bocek will take on Nik (The Carny) Lentz at UFC 140 on Dec. 10 in Toronto. The two lightweights have verbally agreed to the bout. Bocek (9-4) lost in the UFCs first visit to Toronto, dropping a decision to former WEC champion Ben Henderson at UFC 129 at the Rogers Centre in April. The 29-year-old from Woodbridge, Ont., is 5-4 in the UFC. The 27-year-old Lentz (23-3-2 with one no contest) fought Charles Oliveira last time out in a June bout that went from a loss to a no contest over an illegal knee from Oliveira. The former University of Minnesota wrestler had won his four previous UFC fights and is 5-0-1 with one no contest in the Octagon. The Toronto show will also feature a heavyweight clash between Antonio Nogueira and Frank Mir in a rematch of the UFC 92 meeting won by Mir. Other previously announced fights include welterweights Rory (Ares) MacDonald and Brian (Bad Boy) Ebersole, and Claude (The Prince) Patrick and (Raging Bull) Rich Attonito; and lightweights Mitch Clarke and John Cholish, and John (The Bull) Makdessi and Dennis (Superman) Hallman. Michael Jordan Womens Jersey .C. -- Defending champion John Isner advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final Friday, beating Frances Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 3-6, 7-6 (7-3). Michael Jordan ThrowBack Jersey . Jamal Crawford led a fourth-quarter rally with 13 of his 21 points, and Los Angeles beat Phoenix 117-99 on Saturday, winning its fifth in a row while sending the Suns to their season-worst sixth straight loss. http://www.shopth... . Lucic, a second-round choice in 2006, is a Vancouver native and was a key part of Bostons 2011 Stanley Cup victory over the Canucks. He had five goals and seven assists in that championship run. "I have spent five great years here in Boston and Ive really embraced the city and the Boston Bruins, and they have embraced me," he said in a conference call. [url=http://www.shopthechicagobulls.com/Michael-Jordan-Jersey/]Michael Jordan Swingman Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos have signed rookie quarterback Brock Osweiler, a second-round pick from Arizona State who they believe can eventually become Peyton Mannings heir apparent. Michael Jordan Jersey . Van der Gulik also had three assists in regulation for the Monsters (13-13-2), who also got a goal and an assist from Tyson Barrie. Brad Malone and Mike Sgarbossa also scored for Lake Erie.Well, I can say with great confidence after the finish to Monday nights game between the Seahawks and Packers, it just not going to work out for the NFL. It is time to swallow their pride, take the punch and do what is necessary to get the officials back where they are supposed to be. On the final play, Golden Tate pushed Sam Shields out of the way, which is offensive pass interference. Then, M.D. Jennings had the ball secure across his chest, which means he had control at the end of the play. It was an interception. And, this is very disturbing, because it was a scoring play was subject to review and still they did not reverse the call. The reason they did not reverse the call is mind-numbing to me. I do not understand at all what they saw and concluded that was so easy to see and conclude. So moving forward, where do football fans go from here. What should the NFL do? I say give in. It may come across as a point of weakness and maybe it is but, sometimes in life, hopefully not too many times, youre wrong, I am wrong, its wrong. Whether it is the NFL owners or Roger Goodell himself, it is time to take your ego out of the decision-making process and create a deal as fast as possible. Now, to you and me, this looks easy. The referees have won because the replacement referees are not experienced enough to call a game effectively each and every play. But there needs to be a separation between logic and emotion. The problem is that that separation does not always happen because ego and competition takes over. Truth is, there is noo competition here.dddddddddddd The referees won, the replacement referees lost. Its over. Or is it? The problem now is that someone has to take a self-image hit and it probably needs to be Roger Goodell as face of the league. But will he do it? It is one thing to privately say you win, I lose. It is another to express it in a public forum. There are decisions made out of common sense and logic and then there are others made with the influence of emotion and professional title. And that is a problem here; this is a win-lose scenario, not win-win. Is the NFL ready to admit what they have right now is not good enough compared to what they did have? If a decision is not reached soon, then the influence of ego and power control is written all over it. Come mid-December, what has happened here in late September will be re-visited, not due to a new set of circumstances but because of playoff implications and desires of a 10-win season. It will affect the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals in the NFC West and the Bears, Lions and Vikings in the NFC North. It could also affect who has home-field advantage in the NFC Playoffs and definitely affect draft position for both teams, which in turn affects all teams. The truth is that what happened on Monday night will go down as one of the most inaccurate calls, not just in football, but in all of sports. And right now, as a fellow football fan, you can only hope, wish and desire that logic overrides all. The problem is that history says that it does not happen the majority of the time. What a mess! ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes