Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

First, let's look at the Delta Force - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

First, let's look at the Delta Force

Started by bucksoj, 2014/05/18 09:24PM
Latest post: 2014/05/18 09:24PM, Views: 379, Posts: 1
First, let's look at the Delta Force
#1   2014/05/18 09:24PM
bucksoj
Really Tougher

First, let's look at the Delta Force. government doesn't officially acknowledge its existence. Army Colonel Charles Beckwith in response to the many terrorist incidents of that decade. Delta Force soldiers come from the elite of all branches of the military, and are carefully screened both physically and mentally before entering an intensive six month training course to be versed in and specially trained for a multitude of dangerous and volatile scenarios.

READ MORE: 7 Tips for Surviving Kevin Martin Mens Jersey a Shark Attack

According to the book Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney, their training includes (but is not limited to): executive protection, espionage techniques, marksmanship for 100 percent accuracy, creating and diffusing explosives, and engagement in hostage and terrorist simulations in buildings and hijacked aircrafts and with live rounds too, even when their fellow trainees play the parts of the hostages. Specialized troops within Delta Force are trained for free Nikola Pekovic Red Jersey fall/HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jump scenarios in the sky with parachutes, as well as deep underwater ones with scuba gear.

Delta Force operatives have (unofficially) been involved with rescuing the hostages in Grenada in 1983, aiding the capture of Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega in 1989, and taking out Colombian drug kingpin Pablo Escobar in 1993.

Okay, so that's tough. government, as well as everyone else; it's hard to ignore their existence when they've been credited very publicly as the team behind the killing of terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden. Sadly, members of the elite Navy SEAL Team 6 were killed when Afghan insurgents shot down a Chinook transport helicopter in August of this year but that should not take away from their "tough" factor in this article of comparison; it should be of note that Delta Force has also had their bad days too, most notably their failed attempt at rescuing 66 American hostages in Iran in 1980, which coincidentally resulted in a fatal helicopter crash.

But I digress. Navy SEALs, like Delta Force, are super soldiers specially trained for unconventional warfare, reconnaissance, and counter terrorism operations on SEa, Air and Land (hence their acronym moniker). Navy to parallel the Army's Green Berets, when tasked to infiltrate and disable enemy jungle camps during the Vietnam War. Special Operations Forces.

According to The New York Times, Navy SEALs must train for at least six months before deployment, including dealing with free fall and underwater scenarios, demolition training, and engaging in hostage and terrorist simulations. They must also go through a grueling test of endurance; during "Hell week" trainees must run, swim in cold water, and crawl through mud almost non stop for almost six days, with only a total of four hours sleep. Only about half of the candidates survive training, thus filtering out the incapable.

Navy SEALs are organized into Teams 1 to 5 and 7 to 10, some of them with a specialty beyond their already intelligent and deadly skill set. (SEAL Team 2 specializes in arctic combat, for example.) But if we are trying to compare the toughest with the toughest, we have to talk about SEAL Team 6, the "all star team" of SEALs formed as an alternate elite unit after Delta Force failed at rescuing the hostages in Iran. Naval Special Warfare DEVelopment GRoUp. They require even more training after their time being "regular" SEALs, including scenarios like parachuting from 30,000 feet in order to gain control of a hijacked cruise liner.

And Nikola Pekovic Navy Jersey The Winner Is

Based on what I've reported here, one might think that Navy SEALs particularly Team 6/DEVGRU would be the tougher of the two when comparing them to Delta Force; they have more intense training (that we know about), and were even created in response to one of Delta Force's botched missions. However, to say the Navy SEALs are tougher than Delta Force is an unfair argument because you have to consider just what exactly makes a soldier tougher?

Quantitatively, you can say the amount of training, but in the real world it really boils down to the particular mission at hand. And every mission is different, with its own unique obstacles, element of danger, and military strategy. Special Operation Forces and sometimes work together (unofficially, of course). Could Delta Force have taken out Osama bin Laden if they had been tasked with the job? I think that they might have had the ability to do so however, they just didn't get that assignment, so we'll never know.

In the end, there's no real definitive answer to who is tougher between Navy SEALs and Delta Force they're both badasses in my opinion and if you favor either one over the other in terms of being tougher, that's pretty much like taking sides in an evenly matched Army vs. Navy football game. Besides, I dare not side with either unit in this comparison of toughness; I know both have the capacity to find me and [url=http://www.officialbasketballstore.com/kevin-martin-jersey]http://www.offic... take me out.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes