Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

looked the same every ti looked the same every ti ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

looked the same every ti looked the same every ti

Started by lili, 2014/05/15 07:37AM
Latest post: 2014/05/15 07:37AM, Views: 322, Posts: 1
looked the same every ti looked the same every ti
#1   2014/05/15 07:37AM
lili
STONEHAM, Que. -- Canadians fared poorly in the parallel giant slalom event at the FIS Snowboarding World Championships on Friday, with stars Jasey-Jay Anderson and Caroline Calve failing to advance to the finals. Anderson, who won gold at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010, finished 20th in qualification. "I feel pretty ordinary because I had high hopes," a disappointed Anderson said. A new board which he made with a friend functioned well, but a plate that was fixed to it caused problems. "Its a good plate but it was too rigid for my weight and the trail conditions today," said Anderson, who weighs 175 pounds. "I could have used an old plate but I thought this was better. I didnt think I could win with an old plate and you dont come to the World Championships to lose." Matthew Morison of Blackstock, Ont., was the top Canadian on the mens side, finishing 19th. Torontos Michael Lambert fell on his second run, while Steve Barlow of Courtice, Ont., ended up 37th. Lambert described his fall as "definitely devastating." "Everything felt fantastic and Ill have to look at the video to see what happened," he told reporters afterward. "It was a heel-side turn and firm snow and I probably just caught the boots on the ice. "I came into the turn fine so I think I must have just had too much edge angle." On the womens side, Calve, of Aylmer, Que., was eliminated after her first run and came in a disappointing 34th. "Im very disappointed but thats part of the sport," she said. "You have more defeats than you do victories during your career. "But this is super disappointing because Im home and I want to make an impression. And its also the World Championships and the giant slalom, which is my race." Calgarys Ekaterina Zavialova finished 24th, Marianne Leeson of Burlington, Ont., was 31st and Ariane Lavigne of Mont-Tremblant, Que., ended up 38th. Anderson and Calve will be among the atheletes who will try to seek redemption in Sundays parallel slalom. On Saturday, Dominique Maltais, Maelle Ricker and Chris Robanske will take part in the snowboard cross event. The world championships include more than 400 athletes from some 40 countries and will give some Canadians a chance to secure a spot on the Olympic squad with the Sochi Games a year away. Calve, who had a podium finish in the parallel slalom before the holidays in Italy, already has a spot. So does Maltais, who won the snowboard cross event in Austria at the beginning of the season. Canada can send a maximum of 24 snowboarders to Russia. cheap nfl jerseys .S. Open. The former Australian Open runner-up was shown the door by Martin Klizan, 6-4, 1-6, 6-1, 6-3, at Armstrong Stadium. wholesale jerseys . The third-ranked Spaniard withdrew from the U.S. Open on Wednesday. Tendinitis has kept him out of action since his stunning loss at Wimbledon in late June. http://www.wholesalejerseyfreesh... . The brawl took on anti-Semitic overtones, with witnesses reporting that the Italian hooligans shouted "Jews" at the Tottenham fans. Tottenham supporters are often called the "Yid Army" and the team is known to have a large Jewish fan base from north London. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseyfreeshipping.us/]wholesale nfl jerseys . -- The Philadelphia Eagles have ruled out defensive tackle Mike Patterson for their entire training camp and possibly more because the incision where he had brain surgery in January hasnt fully healed. cheap jerseys from china .C. -- B.C. BEREA, Ohio -- The apology came from Joe Hadens heart. He knows he let down the Browns. Speaking for the first time since he was suspended four games by the NFL, Haden acknowledged Monday that he tested positive for the stimulant Adderall, leading him to be banned for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing substances. Haden, one of Clevelands best players, apologized to his teammates, coaches and Clevelands fans for his costly misstep. "It was just a mistake, just a very dumb mistake," Haden said. "It wasnt in any intent to hurt anybody or hurt the team or hurt anybody in that kind of way. It was just a young man making a decision I shouldnt have made." Hadens loss was devastating for the Browns, who were 0-1 when he left and 0-5 when he returned. Without Haden, the Browns were missing their top shutdown cornerback and his absence caused a ripple effect across Clevelands defence, which was gashed for 502 total yards -- 243 on the ground -- in Sundays 41-27 loss to the New York Giants. Haden was not allowed inside the teams facility during his suspension, and the three-year veteran said the time away was torture. He watched games on TV like a fan. It wasnt easy. "When you see every snap from every angle its just a whole different look and I didnt like that look at all," Haden said. "I wanted to be playing." Haden was asked if he thought the leagues penalty was excessive. "God, do I?" he said, standing in front of his locker, penned in by a large group media members. "Its written. Its in there. I should have been more knowing what was going on, but Ive definitely served my suspension, everything is up and I honestly just want to move forward and come out here and play." Haden had appealed his suspension, which was upheld. He did not say if he did so because he had a prescription for Adderall, which is used to treat attention deficit disorder and narcolepsy. "I appealed it because of the situation where me and my agent (Drew Rosenhaus) had an angle that we were wanting to go at it," he said. "That way that I ended up taking it, that we thought wed be able to get out of it, but it didnt work." After arriving for his first day of work in a month, Haden said one of his first stops inside the building was to meet with coach Pat Shurmur, who is under fire as the Browns have lost 11 straight games dating to last season. Haden did not provide any specifics from his conversation with Shurmur, who is 4-17 in two seasons. "Me and coach, we have a special relationship," Haden said. "We get along really well and I went up there, I definitely apologized to him -- Im not going to get into the extent -- and one thing he was really about was All right Joe, we cant be upset about this. We have to move forward. Im telling him Im sorry and hes trying to give me the game plan. He just wants to get it going." Haden will move right back into the starting lineup when the Browns (0-5) host the Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) on Sunday.ddddddddddddDimitri Patterson, who filled in for Haden during the suspension, injured his ankle on Sunday and said he expects to miss "a couple weeks." As for his teammates, Haden said they welcomed him back without reservation. Haden knew they would be accepting, but still he was touched by their outpouring of care for him. "The guys, that was my least worry," he said. "I just want the fans and everybody like the front office and people to really know whats going on. Thats not me. Everybody makes mistakes, but with my teammates, these dudes were overwhelming how legitimately we miss each other like a family. They want to see the best of me. I want to see the best of them and I want to be out there with them. "They always are shooting me texts like I hope youre doing all right, man. Thinking about you, praying for you. And that just meant so much." Haden worked out at a gym he owns in Washington, D.C. during the suspension. Hes confident of being in top shape and doesnt expect to have any trouble getting back to game speed. Hes coming back just in time to match up against Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green. The pair have been battled since their college days. "Perfect timing," Haden said. "At least when I come back, I can try to make a statement going against somebody in the division like him. I feel like once I come back and just do my thing, then Ill just be back." Haden was not asked if his use of Adderall was a one-time occurrence. While he was suspended, Haden got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, but said that decision had nothing to do with him prioritizing his life. "I had four weeks," he said. "Weve been together like three years now, so it was going to happen eventually. I just had a little more time on my hands than I wanted." ------ NOTES: Shurmur did not provide injury updates on starting LB DQwell Jackson (concussion) or DT Ahtyba Rubin (leg). Rookie linebacker James-Michael Johnson said Jackson attended meetings and appeared improved. "Hes the biggest part of our team on the defensive side," Johnson said. "I think hell be fine, though. He looked good today."... Shurmur was asked again about rookie QB Brandon Weedens interception on a 3rd-and-1 play in the second quarter, a turnover that led to the Giants turning a 14-0 deficit into a 27-17 halftime lead. "I watched it a few times," he said. "It was an interception each time I saw it. It looked the same every time. We need to execute it better." Shurmur was asked if he has second-guessed his decision to pass on that play. "I want us to execute the play we call better, and then were always looking at better ways to do things," he said. "Ill let you guys second guess it and well work on getting everything better." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes