Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

egular basis or as replacegular basis or as replac...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

egular basis or as replacegular basis or as replac

Started by lili, 2014/05/15 07:37AM
Latest post: 2014/05/15 07:37AM, Views: 294, Posts: 1
egular basis or as replacegular basis or as replac
#1   2014/05/15 07:37AM
lili
Members of the Canadian womens soccer team and fans are questioning the officiating as the United States downs Canada in a semifinal match that denies Canada a chance at gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The U.S. moved on the gold-medal game with a 4-3 extra-time win over Canada on Monday, overcoming a hat trick by Canadian captain Christine Sinclair. The Canadian athletes werent hiding their feelings. "We feel like we didnt lose, we feel like it was taken from us," Sinclair said. "Its a shame in a game like that that was so important, the ref decided the result before it started." Melissa Tancredi echoed the comment saying: "That was our game. That was our win and it was just taken away." Some soccer fans said they seriously question the officiating. "I can see that they were really pushing and they were doing all the right things, and it got stolen away from them," one fan said. "They really dominated, but the reffing was terrible," another said. "They lost because of it." The U.S. managed to tie the game at 3-3 after two back-to-back calls on Team Canada, leading to a penalty kick and then scoring to win 4-3 in extra time. After the game, Canadian coach John Herdman said the Americans benefited from "bizarre" officiating. Herdman was livid with Norwegian referee Christiana Pedersen for a pair of calls that led to the third American goal. With Canada leading 3-2, Pedersen awarded the Americans an indirect free kick right outside the Canadian box after penalizing goaltender Erin McLeod for holding the ball for more than six seconds. On the ensuing kick, Pedersen charged Marie-Eve Nault with a handball in the penalty area, and Abby Wambach converted the penalty to tie the game 3-3 with about 10 minutes left. Herdman said "it felt like it was America and the referee against" the Canadians. "Shell have to sleep in bed tonight after watching the replays, shes got that to live with," he said. "Well move on from this, I wonder if shell be able to." Canada hasnt defeated the U.S. since 2001, and Sinclair said this loss particularly stings because of the officiating. Despite the disappointment, Canadian coach John Herdman said its on to the next task at hand, preparing to meet France in the bronze medal game on Thursday. The U.S. takes on Japan for gold. wholesale jerseys . Denis has signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens. cheap jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.chinajerseyswholesale.u... . Stafford threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Smith with 10 seconds left, lifting the Detroit Lions to a 27-23 win over the St. [url=http://www.chinajerseyswholesale.us.com/]cheap jerseys from china . Or anybody else, for that matter. After all, the Eagles rookie quarterback had practiced with the first team all week, and the starter at his position, Michael Vick, hadnt even touched the field since he left it with a concussion six days ago. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The deal includes $15.5 million in salary that is being deferred without interest. The money is to be paid in equal installments of $3.1 million each June 30 from 2021-25.CHAUTAUQUA, N.Y. -- Shannon Eastin could be the first of several female game officials in the league, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. Eastin is a replacement line judge who will make her NFL debut in Thursday nights Green Bay at San Diego exhibition game. The regular officials are locked out by the league after their contract expired. "I think its a great opportunity for her, and for us," Goodell said Wednesday at an ethics in sports seminar. "She deserves the opportunity, shes well prepared for it, and I think shell do terrific. So were excited about that. "And there are more coming, by the way. Weve been working along this path to try to properly train and prepare a female official, and now we have the opportunity." Eastin is a referee in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (FCS division) and alsoo runs a company that trains officials in football and basketball.dddddddddddd "There are probably not as many women as I like" attending her classes, the 42-year-old Eastin said on a conference call Tuesday. "I want to encourage women: Dont be afraid. Pursue and have dreams. This is my dream. With very step I hope to show it really doesnt matter if you are male or female." Goodell didnt specify if future women officials would be hired on a regular basis or as replacements during the lockout. "They could be replacements, or they could be -- hopefully this is not going to be long term," he said. "Hopefully well get this resolved sooner rather than later. But were prepared to go forward with the season, and thats what were going to do. Weve prepared our replacement officials." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes