Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

day. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported t...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

day. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported the possib

Started by lili, 2014/05/09 08:38AM
Latest post: 2014/05/09 08:38AM, Views: 304, Posts: 1
day. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported the possib
#1   2014/05/09 08:38AM
lili
NEW YORK -- Nonito Donaire retained the WBC and WBO bantamweight titles, unanimously outpointing Omar Narvaez on Saturday night at the Theater at Madison Square Garden. Donaire improved to 27-1, extending his nine-year winning streak to 26 fights, with winning scores of 120-108 from the judges. He failed to record a knockout for the 10th time in his last 11 fights in a performance that had most of the 4,425 fans booing the lack of action. "I was bored," Donaire said. "When I know that the guy wouldnt open up, I kind of got bored because no matter what I opened my hands, I opened my face and the least you can do is hit me with a jab, hit me with something." Narvaez (35-1-2) lost for the first time in his 11-year professional career. "He never hurt me," Narvaez said. "I didnt feel any of the punches. I didnt think he was such a big deal. Donaire won the title with an overwhelming second-round knockout of Fernando Montiel eight months ago, but this one was nowhere as easy as that left hook for the 28-year-old making his first New York appearance. After judges awarded Donaire the first three rounds, he began to get into a groove in the fourth. Late in the round, Donaire began landing more punches and he had Narvaez against the ropes with a strong combination but that did lead to victory. Narvaez was able to stay with him by using a defensive strategy most of the fight. He frequently kept his hands clenched near his head to avoid many strong punches and appeared content to let the bout go the distance. Narvaez also showed a reluctance to go on the offensive as he averaged 24 punches thrown per round, 36 fewer than the average. "I expected him to wear me down, but that wasnt the case," Donaire said. "The moment that I hit him hard, he just didnt want to take his chances." Narvaezs technical approach had some in the crowd booing at times but they cheered wildly when Donaire began landing some uppercuts late in the 10th. The booing returned in the 11th as Donaire rarely landed any punches until the final seconds of the round. In the 12th round, Donaire landed a strong combination but could not finish. Narvaez briefly had him against the ropes but Donaire escaped though in the final seconds he flailed against the ropes. Earlier, Miguel Garcia (27-0, 23 KOs) remained unbeaten and successfully retained his NABF featherweight title with a fourth-round knockout of challenger Juan Carlos Martinez (17-13-1). Garcia won after knocking Martinez out three times before the fight was stopped with 14 seconds remaining in the fourth round. Cheap China NFL Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have released nine players, including receiver David Clowney and linebacker Danny Batten, the teams 2010 sixth-round draft pick. Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys . He wasnt complaining. On his way to some NFL history, Wilson was told to be an observer for the final 25 minutes of Seattles 58-0 rout of the inept Arizona Cardinals. http://www.nfljerseyscheapwho... . Four days after Harrington agreed to fill in for British Open champion Ernie Els, he ran off three straight birdies early on the back nine and closed with a 4-under 67 Wednesday for a one-shot win over U. [url=http://www.nfljerseyscheapwholesalechina.com/]cheap jerseys . Wlodarczyk held the title from Palacios by split decision in April 2011 in a fight of much less action. This time, Wlodarczyk was faster and more effective, and the judges agreed with scores of 116-112, 117-112, 116-113. wholesale jerseys . It was also their last game at Canad Inns Stadium. Both teams played backup quarterbacks, Montreal because they chose to sit Anthony Calvillo and Winnipeg because Buck Pierce was hurt for the third time this season.RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks may have violated the NFLs collective bargaining agreement by allowing Terrell Owens to practice in shoulder pads during his first on-field practice. League spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email Thursday that the league is gathering facts about Owens debut practice on Wednesday. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported the possible violation. The CBA states that pllayers have a three-day acclimation period during the preseason after signing: "Day 1 is for the physical and meetings.dddddddddddd Day 2 and 3 the player may participate, but only in helmet and shells or a padded shirt. Day 4 and for the rest of camp is in full pads." Owens was in shoulder pads for his first practice with the Seahawks. Its unclear if the team may face any discipline. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes