Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

50-27) margin at the half ballooned to 40 late in ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

50-27) margin at the half ballooned to 40 late in the third following a

Started by lili, 2014/05/08 06:46AM
Latest post: 2014/05/08 06:46AM, Views: 266, Posts: 1
50-27) margin at the half ballooned to 40 late in the third following ...
#1   2014/05/08 06:46AM
lili
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - On a night when Blake Griffin had the worst offensive performance of his brief but eventful NBA career with the Los Angeles Clippers, Greivis Vazquezs work at the offensive end combined to give the New Orleans Hornets a positive end to an ugly road trip. Vasquez had 25 points and 10 assists Monday night, and the Hornets big men took Griffin completely out of the game en route to a 105-98 victory that ended the Hornets seven-game losing streak. "Its been tough for us the whole week, and at the end of the road trip we get this win. Its going to build some confidence, especially with a young team like this," Vasquez said. "We came out here with a mission. We didnt care who we were going to play. We just wanted to compete and show who we are." Griffin made only one of nine shots in 35 minutes, finishing with a career-low four points and six rebounds before fouling out with 2:36 left in the game. It marked only the fourth time the two-time All-Star failed to reach double digits in scoring in 173 NBA regular season and playoff games. The Hornets werent quite as physical with Griffin as they were last season — at least there were no flagrant fouls this time on him. In the previous meeting on April 22 at Los Angeles, Robin Lopez was assessed a flagrant 2 for hooking Griffin around the neck on an attempted breakaway layup. On March 22 at New Orleans, Jason Smith was called for a flagrant 2 for bodyslamming Griffin to the floor on a fast break and was suspended for two games — including the rematch four nights later at Staples Center. "I thought Ryan did a decent job of frustrating Blake tonight, just by bodying him. But lets be honest, sometimes guys just miss shots. So I wont say it was all our defence," Hornets coach Monty Williams said. "Our team concept was to load up on him for just make it hard. Youve got to run different guys at him because hes a phenomenal player." Griffin, the No.1 overall pick in the 2009 draft, was held to three baskets on four occasions — including Game 7 of the Clippers victorious first-round series against the Grizzlies, when he was 3 for 11 with just eight points in the 82-72 clincher at Memphis. "Im comfortable, but I just missed shots tonight," Griffin said. "Its on me. "Its not because of our offence. Its not anybody elses fault. Its my fault. I had open shots, I had post-ups — I mean, I shot the ball nine times. I just missed them." Anderson and Jason Smith each scored 17 points for the Hornets and Austin Rivers added 14. Anthony Davis, the top overall pick in the June draft, missed his fifth straight game because of an injured left ankle. Caron Butler made a career-high nine 3-pointers on 15 attempts and finished with 33 points, becoming the first Clipper this season to score at least 30. The two teams combined for 33 3-pointers on 62 attempts. Chris Paul had 20 points and eight assists for Los Angeles. Willie Green, who played for the Hornets two seasons ago before spending last season with Atlanta as a free agent, had 10 points. Anderson led New Orleans to a 51-44 halftime advantage with 11 points. Neither team led by more than five until the Hornets opened up a 39-28 lead with an 8-0 run capped by Andersons 3-pointer with 5:58 left in the second quarter. "Our defence was terrible. Its almost embarrassing," Paul said. "Teams feel like they can come down and score on us every night. Guys cant look in our eyes and feel like they can get by us. We have to take more pride in our play." Griffin missed his first seven shots before Green found him above the rim for an alley-oop dunk that cut the Hornets lead to 68-65 with 4:34 left in the third quarter. Butler tied it 33 seconds later with a 3-pointer, but the Hornets took an 11-point lead into the fourth and stretched it to 94-77 — their biggest of the game — on Vasquezs fifth and final 3-pointer with 6:41 remaining. The Clippers got as close as 101-95 with two free throws by Griffin, a 3-pointer by Paul and two more foul shots by Jamal Crawford with 1:38 left. But their perimeter shooting went cold after that. "We lost to a very — let me choose my words — not very talented team, but well-coached," Paul said. "Ive watched every game that theyve played. And one thing about Monty is, hes going to have them playing hard. So waiting for the fourth quarter to turn it on was going to be tough for us. Greivis Vasquez was feeling good tonight. I think hes on his way to his first All-Star game." Eric Gordon, who has played in only nine games for the Hornets since they acquired him from the Clippers with Al-Farouq Aminu and Chris Kaman in the Chris Paul deal, has yet to play this season due to soreness in his surgically repaired right knee. Gordon hasnt played for New Orleans since April 22, when he had 17 points, six turnovers and shot 4 for 13 from the field in the Hornets 107-98 loss the Clippers at Los Angeles. NOTES: Butlers previous career-high for 3-pointers was five, on three occasions — the last time Nov. 12, 2012 at Minnesota. ... The Hornets are 23-54 and the Clippers are 48-32 since Paul switched teams. He is averaging 23.5 points and 10 assists in the four games hes played against his former team, two of which the Clippers have won. ... Lopez, who blocked four shots in each of his previous three games, had one against the Clippers to extend his streak to 16 games. cheap jerseys. Philip Humber (5-5) pitched six-plus innings and allowed four hits, including a homer to Mike Napoli in the fifth inning, and won for the third time in his last four starts. Eduardo Escobar had a pair of doubles and an RBI for the AL Central leaders, who won for a fifth straight time. wholesale jerseys. Louis. If Toronto has any hope at all of challenging for a spot in the postseason, they must, in very short order, become a far superior defensive team to the one that took the ice a year ago. http://www.nflchinawholesalecheapjerseys.com/. Under Series rules, Hunter-Reay will now receive a 10-spot penalty on the starting grid for Sundays Edmonton Indy race. It was a brutal end to a tough day at the track for the 31-year-old Florida native. His No. 28 car struggled with grip issues all day during two practice sessions on the 2. NFL Jerseys China. Mark Fraser was a homegrown product of the New Jersey Devils, but after five years and 98 NHL games he had been deemed expendable, shipped westward to the Ducks in December before landing with the Leafs in another trade two months later. nflchinawholesalecheapjerseys. The 25th-ranked Dolgopolovs previous three finals appearances, including one victory, came in 250-level events. Dolgopolov relied in his high-risk, high-reward approach. "Its a part of me, my personality," said Dolgopolov, who added that he enjoys racing cars.Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant poured in 24 points and pulled down 10 rebounds, and Team USA combined suffocating defense and smooth ball movement into a 113-59 rout of the Dominican Republic Thursday night. It was the first of a five-game exhibition tour leading up to the Summer Olympics, but the U.S. will go to London without Los Angeles Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin. Shortly after the contest ended, the Clippers said Griffin will miss the Olympics after suffering an injury to his left knee. Griffin, who hurt the knee during practice Wednesday, underwent an MRI Thursday and was diagnosed with a medial meniscus tear. He will have arthroscopic surgery, but will be ready for training camp this fall. Anthony Davis, the No. 1 draft pick by the Hornets, suited up instead for the defending Olympic gold medalists and had nine points in place of Griffin. The starting five of Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Tyson Chandler, LeBron James and Chris Paul combined for just 31 points, and head coach Mike Krzyzewski let the reserves have most of the court time. Andre Iguodala had 18 points, Kevin Love 11 and Deron Williams totaled 10 of Team USAs 27 assists. They also came up with 12 steals and forced 27 turnovers, leading to 38 points. The DDominican Republic converted just 31.dddddddddddd percent of its shots and was overmatched from the start, falling behind by 14 after the first quarter and 23 at the half. "I was pleased with the unselfishness of our team," Krzyzewski said. James, who last month captured his first NBA championship with the Heat, had just seven points, and Bryant scored four. Anthony led the starters with 13 points. NBA players Al Horford and Francisco Garcia were a combined 1-of-15 from the field for seven points for the Dominican Republic, which was led by Elipidio Fortunas 10 points. Durant, who shot 9-of-11 from the field, scored 11 of his teams 26 points in the first quarter. It was highlighted by an 11-0 spurt, capped by Durants three-pointer. Three-balls from James and Iguodala expanded the lead to 20 late in the second, and the 23-point (50-27) margin at the half ballooned to 40 late in the third following a Russell Westbrook short jumper. Since the Dream Team debuted in 1992 with legendary NBA stars, the U.S. has gone a combined 109-7 in official competitions and also going 38-1 in exhibition games. The U.S. will resume its exhibition schedule on Monday by playing Brazil at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. Team USAs first game at the Olympics is July 29 vs. France. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes