Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

s to re-emerge in seco - Country Music Talk Forum....

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

s to re-emerge in seco

Started by douhua2233, 2018/09/19 11:43PM
Latest post: 2018/09/19 11:43PM, Views: 71, Posts: 1
s to re-emerge in seco
#1   2018/09/19 11:43PM
douhua2233
COSTA MESA http://... , Calif. (AP) Jason Verrett has incurred another serious injury before training camp even begins for the Los Angeles Chargers.

The former Pro Bowl cornerback tore his Achilles tendon Friday morning during a conditioning test, one day before the first practice of camp. The Chargers will do more tests to determine the severity of the injury, but it’s another heartbreaking blow to a promising player who has been unable to stay healthy in the NFL.

After making the Pro Bowl during the 2015 season, Verrett missed 12 games in 2016 and 15 games last season due to a persistent knee injury. He returned to full practices during the Chargers’ recent offseason workouts, and he was thrilled for the opportunity to get back to the game.

Verrett has been unable to stay healthy since his Pro Bowl season. Three of his four NFL seasons have ended early due to injuries, and he has missed 39 of 64 possible regular-season games in his career since the Chargers drafted him in the first round in 2014.

Verrett had surgery to repair his ACL in 2016. He made it through just one game last season before needing another knee surgery when the pain proved too stiff.

Injuries have dogged the Northern California native since his college career at TCU, where he famously played his final season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. Verrett has remained upbeat and encouraged through much of his injury struggles, and he expressed optimism after participating in full practices last month at minicamp.

”I dealt with so much adversity getting here, and then the fact that I dealt with a lot of injuries, it’s kept me up to date [url=http://www.49erscheapstore.com/joe-staley-jersey-cheap]Joe Staley Jersey
,” Verrett said last month. ”Whenever other people are going through injuries, I feel like I know so much. Tell them, `Hey, work on this,’ or `Work on that.’ I just feel it’s something the man above put on my plate so I’m able to be a gift for somebody else.”

The Chargers begin camp Saturday morning at Jack Hammett Sports Complex in Costa Mesa, California.

ATLANTA FALCONS (11-7)

OPEN CAMP: July 27, Falcons practice facility, Flowery Branch, Georgia

LAST YEAR: One year after reaching Super Bowl, Falcons finished third in NFC South and lost to Philadelphia in second round of playoffs. Quarterback Matt Ryan Marq... Valdes-Scantling Jersey , working under new coordinator Steve Sarkisian, had decline in production from 2016, when team led NFL in scoring. Ryan still signed five-year, $150 million deal in offseason. Good news is young defense, led by speedy linebackers Deion Jones and De'Vondre Campbell and safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen, allowed 318.4 yards per game, significant drop from 371.2 in 2016.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: G Brandon Fusco, rookie WR Calvin Ridley, TE Logan Paulsen, CB Justin Bethel Marshawn Lynch Jersey , rookie DT Deadrin Senat, QB coach Greg Knapp, RB coach Bernie Parmalee.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: DT Dontari Poe, DE Adrian Clayborn, WR Taylor Gabriel, FB Derrick Coleman, TE Levine Toilolo.

CAMP NEEDS: Spotlight will be on WR Julio Jones after team announced it won't renegotiate his current $71.5 million contract. Jones has three years remaining in five-year deal. Jones did not attend minicamp, and training camp holdout could be major distraction to "brotherhood" atmosphere promoted by coach Dan Quinn. Defensive front will be concern following losses of Poe and Clayborn. Senat could have opportunity for immediate playing time, if not starting role. Ridley needs to prove he can handle No. 3 receiver spot behind Jones and Mohamed Sanu and be ready for even bigger role.

EXPECTATIONS: Ryan is 33, Jones is 29 Keanu Neal Jersey , RB Devonta Freeman had two concussions, including one in preseason, and knee injury last season, and RB Tevin Coleman could be free agent after this season. These are all alarm signals as window for current offense is narrowing. While young defense is emerging as team's strength, Atlanta's offense needs to re-emerge in second season with Sarkasian if team can have real hope for second Super Bowl appearance in three years. Addition of Fusco should add more stability to interior offensive line. Competitive NFC South doesn't lessen expectations. Anything less than 10 wins and another postseason would be disappointment.

[url=http://www.officialhockeyusashop.com/nashville-predators/ryan-johansen-jers... Ryan Johansen Jersey[/url]

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes