Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

list Williams will battle 25th-seeded Chinese Z - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

list Williams will battle 25th-seeded Chinese Z

Started by lili, 2014/05/01 02:02AM
Latest post: 2014/05/01 02:02AM, Views: 249, Posts: 1
list Williams will battle 25th-seeded Chinese Z
#1   2014/05/01 02:02AM
lili
SAN ANTONIO -- David Frost won the AT&T Championship on Sunday, beating Bernhard Langer with a birdie on the second hole of a playoff after overcoming a six-stroke deficit in the final round. Frost and Langer each shot 6-under 66 to finish at 8-under 208 on TPC San Antonios Canyons Course. "I wasnt planning on this," Frost said. "Only when I hit it close on 13 (to set up birdie) did I think that it was just Bernhard and I (with a chance to win)." Second-round leader Mark Calcavecchia had a 74 to finish two strokes back. He bogeyed four of the first 11 holes. "I putted bad on the front," Calcavecchia said. "I didnt hit it very good. I knew it yesterday, when I hit those bad drives on two holes (late in the round). I didnt feel comfortable." The 53-year-old Frost also teamed with Michael Allen to win the Legends of Golf in April and has three career Champions Tour victories. The South African won 10 times on the PGA Tour. He made a 30-foot putt to save par on the 14th hole. "He had some unbelievable up-and-downs today," Langer said. "The par he made on 14 was unbelievable. He had three or four other ones. The putter was hot. He hit a few loose shots but always got away with it." On the first extra hole, Langer lipped out a 10-foot birdie putt. That gave Frost the opportunity, and he cashed in with a 10-foot putt to seal the biggest comeback in the 26-year history of the event. Langer, the German star who has two victories this year, left his approach in regulation on No. 18 short in a deep bunker. His blast went about 6 feet past, and made the putt to save par. Frost missed a birdie putt of about 25 feet and tapped in for par to set up the playoff. Tommy Armour III shot a 67 to finish fourth at 5 under. The tournament was the final full-field end of the year. The top 30 on the money list qualified for the Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, Ariz. The top 30 remained unchanged, but it did get interesting. Tom Kite entered the week 31st, $32,506 behind Mark McNulty for 30th. With a 13th-place finish this week Kite cut that margin to $3,831 but remained behind McNulty and will miss the season-ending event for the second straight year. Langer came to San Antonio with the lead in the Charles Schwab Cup standings and added another 100 points to his cushion. He leads Tom Lehman by 211 points. Three players -- Langer, Lehman and Roger Chapman -- can top the standings in Scottsdale. Lehman won the $1 million annuity last year. "It all depends on the scenario next week," Langer said, "and there are lots of scenarios. I havent done the math." cheap nfl jerseys china . Ovechkin voiced his concerns in a conference call with The Washington Times and The Washington Post on Wednesday. "I said it before, before I sign a contract, if the league decides to cut our salaries and cut our contracts for what they want, I dont know how many guys will be coming back," Ovechkin said on the call. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Training camp is the time to take chances. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnf... . Storm, leading since the first round, began the day with a three-stroke advantage, which he extended to five when he birdied the 12th hole on the Hilversumsche course. But consecutive bogeys at 13 and 14 and a string of pars left him at 1-under 69 and tied with Pablo Larrazabal (64), Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (66) and Scott Jamieson (66) at 12 under. [url=http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/]cheap jerseys . Leach, 26, had an 11.74 ERA in three outings, including one start. He wasnt the pitcher of record in any of the three games he pitched in. wholesale jerseys . Harrison extended his consecutive scoreless streak to 16 1-3 innings, pitching into the eighth before Mike Adams and Joe Nathan closed out the Rangers third shutout victory in their past five games, 1-0 over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday night.Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Russian superstar Maria Sharapova, steady Pole Agnieszka Radwanska and outgoing Belgian Kim Clijsters were all easy third-round victors Friday at Wimbledon. The world No. 1 Sharapova handled Taiwans Su-Wei Hsieh 6-1, 6-4 in 81 minutes amid windy conditions on Court 1 at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. "Considering the conditions, Im pretty happy with the way I played," said Sharapova, who is now 16-1 in Grand Slam action this year. The career Grand Slam winner is fresh off her French Open title three weeks ago, captured her lone Wimbledon championship in 2004, and was last years Wimbledon runner-up to powerful Czech Petra Kvitova. Sharapova will meet 15th-seeded big-serving German Sabine Lisicki in the fourth round on Monday in a rematch of a semifinal here from last year, which was won by the tall Russian. The unseeded former world No. 1 Clijsters was leading 12th-seeded Vera Zvonareva 6-3, 4-3 when the Russian retired due to an upper respiratory illness on Court 1. This marked a rematch of the 2010 U.S. Open final, which was also won by the three-time U.S. Open champion Clijsters. Zvonareva was the 2010 Wimbledon runner-up to American great Serena Williams. The 29-year-old Clijsters is still seeking that elusive first-ever trip into a Wimbledon final, and this is her last chance, as the wife and mother will retire from tennis following this summers U.S. Open. "Its a pleasure to be a part of the second week of a Grand Slam, especially at Wimbledon," Clijsters said. The two-time Wimbledon semifinalist Clijsters fourth-round opponent will be eighth-seeded German lefthander Angelique Kerber. A third-seeded Radwanska routed promising 20-year-old Brit Heather Watson 6-0, 6-2 under the roof on Ceentre Court, while the rocketing Kerber dismissed 28th- seeded American Christina McHale 6-2, 6-3 on Court 2.dddddddddddd The aforementioned Lisicki topped rising American Sloane Stephens 7-6 (7-5), 1-6, 6-2. A disappointed Stephens blew a 5-2 lead in the first-set tiebreak on Day 5 of this fortnight. The capable oft-injured Lisicki was a Wimbledon semifinalist last year and quarterfinalist in 2009. She missed the 2010 edition of tennis most prestigious event due to injury. Also on Friday, 17th-seeded Russian glamour girl Maria Kirilenko whipped Romanian Sorana Cirstea 6-3, 6-1, upstart 20-year-old Italian Camila Giorgi knocked out 20th-seeded Russian Nadia Petrova 6-3, 7-6 (8-6), and 30th-seeded Chinese Peng Shuai blew away talented Dutchwoman Arantxa Rus 6-1, 6-2 to reach the round of 16. Giorgi will face Radwanska, while Kirilenko and Peng will square off on Monday. The second round concluded when little-known 19-year-old Slovak Jana Cepelova took out 26th-seeded Spaniard Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-7 (7-9), 7-6 (7-5), 6-3. Cepelova is rewarded with a third-round match Saturday against second- seeded former world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka, who is the reigning Australian Open champ. Rain delayed the start of action in this London suburb on Friday. The third round is scheduled to conclude on Saturday, including matches for Azarenka, a fourth-seeded Kvitova and a sixth-seeded Williams. Azarenka will meet the upstart Cepelova, while Kvitova will face rising American Varvara Lepchenko, and the former No. 1 and four-time Wimbledon titlist Williams will battle 25th-seeded Chinese Zheng Jie. Also on the Day-6 schedule will be French Open runner-up Sara Errani, former top-ranked star Ana Ivanovic and former Roland Garros champ Francesca Schiavone. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes