Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ondon. Williams is a two-time gold medallist and w...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ondon. Williams is a two-time gold medallist and wouldnt mind going for the hat-trick. "Im hoping I can get there," she said. "The way Im rank

Started by lili, 2014/04/30 10:45AM
Latest post: 2014/04/30 10:45AM, Views: 286, Posts: 1
ondon. Williams is a two-time gold medallist and wouldnt mind going fo...
#1   2014/04/30 10:45AM
lili
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Jack Jewsbury scored on a volley in the 71st minute Sunday night to lift the Timbers into a 1-1 draw with FC Dallas that snapped Portlands five-game losing streak. Scott Sealy scored for Dallas (5-11-8) off a cross from Brek Shea in the 51st minute of the matchup between the bottom two teams in the Western Conference. Jewsburys volley was a left-footed blast from the top of the penalty box after a corner kick ricocheted out to him. Until that point it appeared Portland would go down to another scoreless defeat after being shut out in its previous three games. "I think the team is playing pretty well," Portland goalkeeper Troy Perkins said. "I think weve really found ourselves. We just need to keep going." The Timbers (5-12-5) outshot Dallas 19-8, and maintained their aggressiveness down the stretch with temperatures in the mid-90s. "Maybe they didnt deal with the heat as well as we did," said Portland general manager and interim coach Gavin Wilkinson. The game marked the return of Shea, the star midfielder who had been benched for two straight games and hadnt played since being taken out of a July 18 game against San Jose. Dallas dominated Portland 5-0 in their last meeting, on July 21 and Timbers general manager and interim coach Gavin Wilkinson accused his team of quitting. Portland typically plays well at raucous Jeld-Wen Field, where all of its wins have come this season, and Dallas entered the match having won only one of 10 on the road. Neither team had an exceptional start after the scoreless first half, where possession time was essentially even, though Portland outshot Dallas 9-4 before the break. The Timbers were encouraged by the draw, believing they have righted their ship since the disaster in Dallas. "I thought we deserved to win it," Wilkinson said. "It feels like every mistake we make right now we get punished for." FC Dallas midfielder James Marcelin was making his return after being waived by Portland. wholesale jerseys . This week, they discuss the debut of Robert Griffin III, Paula Findlays support team, Derek Jeter turning back the clocks, and head coaches willing to try trick plays. cheap jersey . When Cory Schneider stopped the Los Angeles captain cold, the Vancouver Canucks knew they were off the ice in this first-round playoff series. http://www.chinacheapnfljerseysst... . AHL president Dave Andrews isnt praying for the big league to shut its doors, but he knows it would mean an influx of talented players, a surge in attendance and greater media attention for "whatever period of time we are the top league in North America. [url=http://www.chinacheapnfljerseysstore.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . Hes got bigger plans for this years Indianapolis Colts. Less than 12 months after taking less money to play for a team in major rebuilding mode and then leading it back to the playoffs as he had promised, Wayne has started concocting all sorts of grand possibilities in his mind. wholesale nfl jerseys . Whether Locker misses more than one game depends on how quickly his non-throwing shoulder heals. "Well take it day by day and see how he responds with soreness, getting the strength back and, like I said the last time, when hes ready to play, hell be playing," coach Mike Munchak said Wednesday after announcing the change at starter.Serena Williams plans to play a lot of tennis between now and the U.S. Open -- including the Rogers Cup that begins Aug. 8 in Toronto. "I like competing in Canada, especially in Toronto," Williams said Wednesday on a conference call. "I think I won there before (in 2001), but it feels like a lifetime ago. "So its time to get back there and do it again." The 29-year-old Williams is on the rebound from health problems that emerged after winning her fourth Wimbledon title in 2010. First she suffered a serious foot injury after stepping on some glass. Then in February, she was diagnosed with a potentially fatal blood clot in a lung and some internal bleeding. She returned after a 50-week convalescence for a tournament at Eastbourne in England last month, just ahead of Wimbledon, where she lost in the round of 16 to Marion Bartoli of France. The hard-hitting right-hander who has been ranked first in the world five times, most recently in 2009, has seen her ranking drop to No. 172. But the trip to England had her upbeat that she can regain her championship form again. "Everything feels a lot better," she said. "I got a good report from the doctor and he says I can play with confidence. "I think thats the key word -- going out and playing with confidence and not thinking it could ever happen again. Thats a great feeling and hopefully Ill be able to do better now." She is staying active. On Wednesday, she was just back home fromm a trip to Albany, N.ddddddddddddY., to play World Team Tennis against long-time rival Martina Hingis and others. Williams is entered in a tournament at Stanford beginning Monday, then has a week off before playing the Rogers Cup and an event in Cincinnati in back-to-back weeks. The U.S. Open begins Aug. 29 in New York. "Thats more than I usually play," she said. "It will be more than I played all last year, so that will definitely propel me to be really fit going into the Open. And match-fit -- thats really going to help me." Asked if she aspires to be No. 1 again, Williams said: "My goals right now are to do well at the Rogers Cup and the grand slams, pretty much every tournament I play in. If I can get back to No. 1 that would be a bonus but right now my goal is just to do the right thing on the court and do the best I can to win. "Now Im just working on a few things I know I need to work on, and hopefully when I get to play in the Rogers Cup the results will show. I hate losing, as everyone probably knows. But I also know that when you lose it gives you motivation and makes you better." Also on the horizon are the 2012 Olympics in London. Williams is a two-time gold medallist and wouldnt mind going for the hat-trick. "Im hoping I can get there," she said. "The way Im ranked now Ill have to put in a lot of good work, so well see." Then she added with a laugh: "I think I deserve it though." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes