Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

he Tigers' only loss this season cam - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

he Tigers' only loss this season cam

Started by nfljersey003, 2014/04/29 10:10PM
Latest post: 2014/04/29 10:10PM, Views: 347, Posts: 1
he Tigers' only loss this season cam
#1   2014/04/29 10:10PM
nfljersey003
field atmosphere get under Carrollton

Judging by online chatter, Stockbridge home field atmosphere crowd and officials gotten under the skin of a few visiting fans bases, including Griffin not sure we got under Griffin skin, said Stockbridge coach Kevin Whitley. beat us 35 14. is hoping for a different result Friday, when No. 4 Carrollton visits in a AAAA quarterfinal matchup. Stockbridge was just beginning its rise, when the Tigers traveled to Carrollton in 2011 for a second round game against the Trojans. The Trojans would overwhelm the young Tigers, 35 10.

"We were shell shocked. It was just our second time in the playoffs, and it was very intimidating to our kids," said Whitley. "Even our coaches were saying, 'Look at this stadium, look at the weight room.' It was more like a vacation than a business trip."

Stockbridge had never won more than seven games, before Whitley arrived in 2009. The Tigers are 39 13 in http://www.cheapwholesalebronc... Whitley's five seasons and are making only their second appearance in the state quarterfinals.

The Tigers' only loss this season came against No. 2 Griffin. Carrollton's only loss came against No. 1 Sandy Creek.

No. 1 vs. No. 2: Defending champion Sandy Creek has won 14 consecutive home playoff games, but will get one of its sternest tests from a tough Griffin team this week. The second ranked Bears held Statesboro to just 147 yards of offense in last week's win. Griffin has outscored opponents, 529 97. The top ranked Patriots pasted Chestatee, 55 7, last week to advance to the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season.

Road woes: Marist has lost six of its last seven road playoff games and is 10 17 on the road in the postseason since 1987. The War Eagles will try to rectify those struggles at Burke County. The game features a matchup between dynamic Burke County quarterback Donquell Green and Marist defensive lineman Kendall Baker. Green has rushed for 1,506 yards and passed for 1,198 yards. Baker leads Marist with 10 tackles for loss.

Upstart: Alexander heads to Wayne County looking to become the 14th fourth seed to reach the semifinals of the state playoffs, according to Georgia High School Football Daily. The Cougars, the fourth seed out of Region 5 AAAA, are making their first appearance in the state quarterfinals. Wayne County hasn't reached the semifinals since 1976.

Notes: The guys at Georgia High School Football Daily have another encompassing preview of the AAAA quarterfinals right here. the facilities are decent at [url=http://www.cheapwholesalebroncosjerseys.com/]cheapwholesalebroncosjerseys.c... best, but then again nothing [url=http://www.cheapwholesalebroncosjerseys.com/]Cheap Jerseys
in the state can compare to you guys palace in Carrollton. The announcer is just atrocious with all his stupid ,loud, obnoxious comments. You will see what I mean when you hear him. He is an embarrassment to high school football for sure. www.cheapwholesalebroncosjerse... I recommend you get there early because that area will be grid locked Friday afternoon. Good luck and safe travelsI do know that Stockbridge is a good team, although Griffin beat them earlier this year. I wish them good luck against the Trojans because they are our region brethren. Just because I loathe that announcer does not mean any disrespect toward the team and coaches AT ALL. They will have their hands full dealing with Carrollton mighty Trojans for sure.

Griffin has its hands full also facing those awesome Sandy Creek Patriots on their turf. What a team they have put together over the years in Tyrone. No matter what happens Friday night, I know I am sure proud of our area teams. Since I am such an avid fan, I will keep going to whoever wins and plan on going to the dome again this year for the whole day of games when AAAA plays. Good luck to all, and PLEASE DRIVE SAFE. All region teams: Marion County Smothers named 4 A top playerFriday [url=http://www.cheapwholesalebroncosjerseys.com/]Wholesale Jerseys
basketball scores.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes