Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ll he scored three goals in 17 gll he scored three...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ll he scored three goals in 17 gll he scored three goals in 17 g

Started by lili, 2014/04/26 08:44AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 08:44AM, Views: 278, Posts: 1
ll he scored three goals in 17 gll he scored three goals in 17 g
#1   2014/04/26 08:44AM
lili
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Former Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook officially retired as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles on Wednesday. "I spent eight of my best years of my life in Philadelphia playing for the Eagles," a composed Westbrook said during a press conference at Lincoln Financial Field. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Westbrook played with the Eagles from 2002-09 and is the franchise leader with 9,785 total yards from scrimmage. He currently ranks second in team history in rushing yards with 5,995. "When I think of myself, I think of Brian Westbrook ... a third-round pick that was too small, who would only be a special teams player, to an All-Pro, to a two-time Pro Bowl selection, to the franchise leader in total yards from scrimmage. "Its been a great ride and I thank everyone that has been here for me every step of the way." The Villanova product, who played one season with the San Francisco 49ers in 2010, will be honored at Lincoln Financial Field on Dec. 23 during halftime of a game against the Washington Redskins. "To the Eagles fans, thank you for all the memories," Westbrook continued. "You are the best fans in the world and I hope that the passion that I played with on the field and how I carried myself off the field represented you guys (well) and made you proud." Westbrook became the third former member of the Eagles to retire with the organization this offseason, joining former teammates Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas. Cheap Jerseys . Then, Durant and the Thunder got going and finished the night with their best offensive performance on the road since 2009. Russell Westbrook scored 28 points and Durant added 26 as the Thunder built a big lead in the second quarter and rolled to a 124-94 win over Houston. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The 30-year-old has not played a match for Bologna this season. But he got a tryout with Montreal during a two-game tour of Italy after the Major League Soccer season in November. http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale... . -- The NFL has granted permission for Saints coach Sean Payton, general manager Mickey Loomis and assistant head coach Joe Vitt to attend New Orleans home game Sunday night against San Diego, in which Drew Brees can break a tie with Johnny Unitas for the NFL record of consecutive regular-season games with a touchdown pass. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale.us.com/]cheap jerseys nfl . Bynum is in pain when he walks or attempts even light physical activity, except for swimming. He had been recovering from a bone bruise in his right knee and injured his left knee while bowling last month. cheap jerseys from china . -- Russ Smith had a game-high 23 points and Wayne Blackshear added 14 points and six rebounds and No.The MLS SuperDraft has taken Kofi Opare from the University of Michigan to the Los Angeles Galaxy. But in reality, the 22-year-old defender made his way to training camp with the two-time defending MLS champions via Ghana, South Africa, New Jersey and Niagara Falls, Ont. Still Opare knows his pro soccer journey has just begun. "Im going in with the mentality to work hard, to work as hard as I can," he said in an interview. "And just try to do the little things right, try and improve, try to learn from the older guys, the more experienced guys on how to be a good professional, how to carry myself both on and off the field. "Its definitely exciting. Im definitely looking forward to the next phase of my life." The Galaxy open training Monday morning. They kick off the season March 3 against the visiting Chicago Fire at The Home Depot Center. Should Opare stick in Los Angeles, he will be able to learn his craft from Omar Gonzalez, the 2011 MLS Defender of the Year. "Hes one of the best players in the country right now," Opare said of the six-foot-five American, who played just 14 games during the 2012 regular season because of a knee injury. "Hes very composed on the ball, he reads the game very well. And hes definitely a player I can look up to just for advice. And I know playing with him, or playing against him in practice, can definitely improve my game." Born in Ghana to Ghanaian parents, Opare was one when the family left for South Africa to take advantage of job opportunities for his mother, who is a family physician (his father is a retired teacher). They spent 10 years there before heading to the U.S. He was eight or nine -- in South Africa -- when he took up soccer with his brother. Opare lived four years in New Jersey before the family settled in Niaagara Falls, where he attended St.dddddddddddd Paul Catholic High School. He played for the St. Catharines Concord Gunners, winning the Ontario Cup in 2007-2008 and helped Ontario to a fourth-place finish at the Canadian club national championships in 2007. The six-foot-two 190-pounder has U.S. citizenship and is a Canadian resident -- his application for a passport is in the works. He played for the U.S. under-20 team in 2009 but only in friendlies so has yet to pledge his international allegiance. He seems willing to listen to all offers. "If I have ever any opportunity to play for the U.S. or Canada or Ghana, Id be willing to play for them," said Opare, whose last visit to Ghana was three years ago. "I dont want to be, like, picky." Opare went to the MLS Combine with the hope of being drafted. The Galaxy obliged, taking him in the second round (24th overall). "A pure, physical centre back," said Galaxy coach Bruce Arena. At Michigan, Opare was co-captain in 2012 and was a four-year starter. He ranks fifth in school history in minutes played (6,411), eighth in starts (71) and 13th in games played (76). As a sophomore in 2010, Opare helped the Wolverines to the College Cup semifinals, where they lost to eventual champion Akron. His senior year was more complicated. He broke his nose against Northeastern and had appendicitis a week later. Still he scored three goals in 17 games. Opare is the seventh Michigan player to be taken in the MLS draft. "This school has given me so much," said Opare, who played right back as a freshman. "Im glad to represent them at the professional level." A lifelong Newcastle United fan, he grew up a fan of England striker Alan Shearer -- and his simple goal celebration of raising his right hand in the air. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes