Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ard said. NOTES:ard said. NOTES: - Country Music T...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ard said. NOTES:ard said. NOTES:

Started by lili, 2014/04/26 08:44AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 08:44AM, Views: 294, Posts: 1
ard said. NOTES:ard said. NOTES:
#1   2014/04/26 08:44AM
lili
In the final Olympic track cycling race of her career, Briton Victoria Pendleton was upset by long time rival Anna Meares of Australia in a dramatic gold medal heat of the womens sprint at the London 2012 Olympic Games. "I am just so relieved right now. I am just so overwhelmed with emotion. I would have loved to have won in my final race. At the same time, I am just so glad I am done and I can move on." said Pendleton, on the final race of her career. Matched against Meares, the first race of the finals initially went in favour of Pendleton by a margin of just 0.001 seconds. However, Pendleton was relegated to second after a ruling that she impeded the progress of Meares. It was the second relegation of the Olympics for Pendleton, who was also relegated out of the womens team sprint on the first day of track cycling competition at London 2012. "I am glad it got to that stage because I believe shes the best rider on the field," said Pendleton. "Anna and myself in the final. We have met many a time. I wish her all the best. I am glad to say that this is the last time I have to go through this." Pendleton was relegated for leaving her lane to block the progress of Meares. The ruling appeared to turn the tide against the Briton was put in a do or die scenario for her second race. "I was really annoyed because I was sure that she touched me and it caused me to move up," said Pendleton. "I cannot believe twice in one competition that I have been relegated, disqualified, its unheard of. Its a bit of a surprise. It did knock my confidence a bit, I have to say. I really tried in that last ride. I dont know. Sorry. This is it. I cannot believe its all over." In the second race, Pendleton started behind Meares, but as both riders stalled near the top of the wall, Pendleton dove down to the inside of the track. On the final lap Meares managed to pass the Briton and win the second consecutive race, and with it, the gold medal. The pair have been rivals for much of their careers, with results and titles trading as the pair have ascended the ranks in parallel. Their rivalry has contributed to the rather public end to the friendship between the pair. cheap jerseys from china . Five months after they brawled in Munich at a news conference, Haye put Chisora down for good with a left hook. No world titles were at stake in the scheduled 10-rounder, which was sanctioned by the Luxembourg federation because the British Boxing Board of Control wouldnt license either fighter after their shameful antics in Munich. wholesale nfl jerseys . The way the Los Angeles Lakers are playing lately, Bryant has reason to hope hell spend less time cramming boxscores and more time riding the pine. Howard had 21 points and 14 rebounds, Bryant scored 27 points and the Lakers never trailed in their sixth win in seven games, 104-87 over the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night. http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale... . From Monday until mid-week there are five series - four in the American League and one in the National - with great head-to-head playoff implications. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseysforsale.us.com/]Cheap Jerseys . The Montreal mixed martial arts star, who beat Carlos Condit two weeks ago to defend his welterweight title at UFC 154, tweeted a picture of himself in Paris on Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . But how? What had changed from one week to the next? Or is that the Ticats defence is just that average at stopping the run? When you consider the Stampeders started a right tackle in JMichael Deane who had previously only played right tackle during his years at Michigan State, and a left guard in Spencer Wilson who was making his first pro start after coming from the Calgary Colts junior football program in Alberta, 170 yards is a lot. PORTLAND, Ore. -- A win is a win to the Trail Blazers. Portland faced the San Antonio Spurs, playing without resting stars Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, and led by as many as 48 points on the way to a 137-97 victory. "It still counts, right?" said LaMarcus Aldridge, among six Blazers who had with 16 points or more. Jamal Crawford scored 20 points, shooting 5 for 7 on three-pointers, and had eight assists. Gerald Wallace and Nicolas Batum each had 19 points before Portland sat its starters for most of the fourth quarter. Kawhi Leonard had 24 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Spurs, who saw the end to 11-game overall winning streak and an eight-game streak on the road. San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said before the game that he was resting Parker and Duncan because the Spurs were playing three games in four nights. Parker, who had not missed a game this season, is averaging 19.5 points per game, while Duncans averaging 19.9 points and 8.6 rebounds. San Antonio was also without guard Manu Ginobili for the second straight game because of a strained left oblique. Ginobili is expected to miss two weeks. Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter was also out for a second straight game with a right calf strain. "It would be great if I would still be able to play Manu and Tiago tonight and still rest Tony and Tim, but thats not the case," Popovich said. "Those guys are out, but I cant run our guys into the ground when its time for them to rest based on the schedule and the time theyve been playing. "Thats whats going to happen if you want to put some money in the bank for later." The Spurs are on their annual rodeo road trip which keeps them away from home for an extended period while the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo takes over the AT&T Center. The team was coming off a 106-102 victory at Utah on Monday night. They travel to Denver on Thursday for their final game before the All-Star break. In addition to Leonard, San Antonio also started rookie guard Corey Joseph, who had five points. Danny Green finished with 16 points. The Spurs had not lost by 40 or more points since March 5, 1997, when they fell 111-69 at Chicago. The Blazers were also playing the second of a back-to-bacck, after a tough 103-92 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.dddddddddddd In the loss, the Blazers had just seven points in the first quarter. Against the Spurs, they had 41. "We needed to get back on track, we needed to bounce back from that loss that we had and we did it tonight," Aldridge said. Blazers coach Nate McMillan warned his team not to get too caught up in who wasnt on the floor for the Spurs. "Sometimes it can be a letdown. For our guys, as I told them, its not about the team or who is out, we need to play the game," he said. "I thought they did. They went out, stayed focused, and played the game the right way." McMillan tinkered with his starting lineup, starting Crawford at the point rather than Raymond Felton. Crawford started a game for the Blazers earlier this season but is normally a reserve. He won the NBAs Sixth Man award for the 2009-10 season while with Atlanta. Felton has struggled this season, and had just nine points against the Lakers. He finished with 16 against the Spurs. Coming off the bench, Felton hit two straight three-pointers that put the Blazers up 35-20. He added another one to put Portland up 41-23 at the end of the first quarter. It was the most points the Blazers scored in a quarter all season. Aldridge hit a layup that made it 53-32, and Crawford sank a three-pointer that sent Portland to the break with a 66-43 lead. Batums three-pointer made it 88-55 and it was never a contest. Luke Babbitt made a three-pointer that gave the Blazers a 120-75 lead with 7:11 left, but many fans had departed long before then. Wesley Matthews, who finished with 11 points, left the game early in the fourth quarter with a mild left ankle sprain. "One loss isnt going to do anything to us so were just going to keep moving on," Leonard said. NOTES: Aldridge has a cameo in this weeks episode of "Portlandia," the IFC channels comedy about life in the Rose City. Aldridge appears with director Penny Marshall. ... Portland gets an extended rest over the all-star break and doesnt play again until Feb. 29, when the team visits Denver. ... The last time the Blazers had six players with at least 16 points was Dec. 20, 1992 against Golden State at the Memorial Coliseum. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes