Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

of the infield. "Not too manyof the infield. "Not ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

of the infield. "Not too manyof the infield. "Not too many

Started by lili, 2014/04/26 08:43AM
Latest post: 2014/04/26 08:43AM, Views: 306, Posts: 1
of the infield. "Not too manyof the infield. "Not too many
#1   2014/04/26 08:43AM
lili
BOSTON -- Boston coach Doc Rivers didnt hide the fact that his team should beat an injury-riddled New Jersey team. Paul Pierce listened and nearly took care of it himself. Pierce scored nine of his 24 points during a game-breaking third-quarter run and Avery Bradley hit his first career three-pointer, helping the Celtics beat the Nets 89-70 Wednesday night. After what looked like a listless first half, Boston took over with an 18-3 third-quarter closing run. "He mainly talked about us," Pierce said Rivers told the team after the sluggish first half. "He just told us we should win this game with all the injuries they have. We just needed to clean up some things and stop turning the ball over." Reserve Brandon Bass scored 15 and grabbed 13 rebounds, and Rajon Rondo had eight points and 12 assists for the Celtics (4-3). Boston has won four straight since dropping all three of a season-opening road trip. Kevin Garnett had 14 points and 12 boards, Bradley finished with 11 points. "We just played better, played harder, executed better," Rivers said of the change after halftime. "I really thought in the first half our defence was terrific; our offence was horrendous." Rivers also said Pierces play is improving after he missed the initial three games with a bruised right heel. "You can see it," he said. "Hes getting his rhythm." MarShon Brooks, making his first career start, led the Nets with 17 points, and Jordan Farmar had 11. New Jersey has lost six straight since a season-opening win at Washington. "I thought it was going to be a big game until it happened," he said. "Boston did a good job of adjusting at halftime and throwing some double teams at me. It was my first time getting double teamed in this league, so I didnt know how to get my shot off." Nets guard Deron Williams missed the game with a sore right ankle, forward Kris Humphries with a sore left shoulder and centre Brook Lopez with a broken right foot. Further depleting their roster, starting forward Damion James had his right foot stepped on late in the second quarter and didnt play the second half. Brooks had 15 in the first half, but was hobbled after tweaking his left ankle late in the second quarter. "He had an awfully good first half for us. He showed how explosive he is offensively and I think since he kind of tweaked it in the first and it took a lot of his energy in the second half," Nets coach Avery Johnson said. "He tried to play through it -- he had a really nice first half for us, as well as our team, defensively. We just couldnt score in the second half." The Nets are hoping Brooks and James arent out now, too. Brooks had x-rays in the arena after the game, but results were not immediately available to the media. "Damion is more of a foot situation and MarShon is more of an ankle," Johnson said. "Well have more of an update on them tomorrow." Boston guard Ray Allen missed the game due to illness. Neither team shot over 40 per cent in the first half that ended with the Nets up 35-34. To add to its weak shooting first half, Boston had 10 turnovers. But in the third quarter, the Celtics just had too much offence -- mainly Pierce. "We just started to execute and run a little bit," Pierce said. "We kept it simple." Bass started the spree with a jumper from the wing and Rondo hit a free throw before Pierce nailed consecutive threes just 34 seconds apart, making it 55-44. He then hit one free throw before Bradley, who played sparingly in just his second season, nailed his first three of his brief NBA career and Pierce hit two more free throws, making it 61-46. Bass jumper late in the quarter gave Boston a 63-47 lead after three quarters. Rondos jumper midway into the final quarter gave the Celtics a 73-51 lead. NOTES: Brooks became the Nets fourth rookie since 2000-01 to start within the first seven games of a season. ... Boston C Jermaine ONeal returned to the starting lineup after missing Mondays game with a tight right hamstring. ... Patriots NT Vince Wilfork was seated courtside. ... Bradley is now 1 for 11 in his career on three-point attempts. cheap jerseys from china . Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte face off Saturday in the 400-meter individual medley, a grueling race encompassing all four strokes and an appropriate next chapter in this most intriguing of rivalries. wholesale nfl jerseys . But how? What had changed from one week to the next? Or is that the Ticats defence is just that average at stopping the run? When you consider the Stampeders started a right tackle in JMichael Deane who had previously only played right tackle during his years at Michigan State, and a left guard in Spencer Wilson who was making his first pro start after coming from the Calgary Colts junior football program in Alberta, 170 yards is a lot. http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesal... . – Scott Steckly turned the fastest lap in NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 qualifying at the Edmonton City Centre Airport on Saturday to win the pole for the Edmonton 100. [url=http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesale.com/]wholesale jerseys from china . PAUL, Minn. cheap jerseys . GOOD NIGHT AND VERY GOOD LUCKWith the desire for immediate judgement becoming more prevalent, thanks to the Interwebs and so on, it was popular early in the 2012 NFL season to question the Indianapolis Colts for drafting Andrew Luck, the consenus No.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers jumped out to a big lead before Rick Porcello even threw a pitch. "We came out swinging, put some runs on the board early," manager Jim Leyland said. "That let Rick relax a little bit, and he was very good against a tremendous offensive club." Given a quick five-run lead, Porcello pitched into the seventh before allowing his only run and the Tigers beat the Texas Rangers 8-2 on Monday night in a rematch of last years AL championship series. After their first 12 batters, the Tigers had already roughed up Rangers rookie right-hander Justin Grimm (1-1) for six runs and eight hits in the 100-degree heat. They had only five runs and 15 hits while losing two of three in Pittsburgh over the weekend. Cabrera drove in three runs with a pair of doubles. His two-run double started the scoring, and his RBI double in the sixth made it 8-0. "Something Im trying to get better at every time is to control my emotions. For me, its control my tempo and delivery," said Porcello, who won for only the second time his last nine starts. "With the big lead, Im trying to keep the mindset that its a 0-0 game. If I start thinking I have a cushion, I get complacent and Im not as good in the strike zone." Porcello (5-5) struck out seven, the last an inning-ending whiff by Mike Napoli with the bases loaded in the sixth. He was out of the game after his third walk, to Leonys Martin leading off the seventh. Nine days after his impressive winning major league debut against Houston, and never pitching above Double-A before that, nothing good happened for Grimm against the Tigers. "Obviously, he got hit around by a pretty good-hitting team," manager Ron Washington said. "He threw the ball out over the plate and they hit it." Austin Jackson led off the game with a double and Quintin Berry followed with a bunt fielded by Grimm. When the pitcher turned to throw, first base was uncovered because first baseman Michael Young charged in and second baseman Ian Kinsler didnt get there. Cabrera followed with a two-run double. Delmon Young hit a run-scoring single, then Jhonny Peralta had an RBI double and scored on Ramon Santiagos single that staked Porcello to a five-run lead. "He was getting ahead of hitters, the runs helped him settle down and get in a grove," Tigers catcher Gerald Laird said of Porcello. "He got better as the game went on.&qquot; Berry drew a leadoff walk to start the second, and Grimm was gone after Cabrera singled.ddddddddddddFielder greeted reliever Michael Kirkman with a sacrifice fly. Grimm threw 52 pitches, 40 of them in a top half of the first inning that took 23 minutes to play. Cabrera had three of Detroits 10 hits and is a .378 career hitter at Rangers Ballpark, where he has 18 doubles and 50 RBIs in 48 games. Struggling slugger Josh Hamilton hit his first homer in his last 12 games for Texas, a two-run shot in the seventh. His 23rd homer pushed his majors-best RBI total to 66. Hamilton was coming off a three-game series against Colorado when he was 1 for 12 with eight strikeouts. He was 0 for 2 with a walk Monday before his 409-foot homer in the seventh off reliever Brayan Villarreal. Porcello was gone by time Hamilton homered. The walk to Martin led to the only run against the right-hander, who scattered six hits and walked three. Fielder had a leadoff double in the fifth and scored on Peraltas grounder along the first-base line. Though the Tigers have struggled this season and still have a losing record (36-37), they have good offensive games at Rangers Ballpark. They had hit .301 with 176 runs in their previous 25 games there since April 2006. Fielder, the husky first baseman who signed a $214 million, nine-year deal with the Tigers last winter after having some talks with Texas, even had a nifty 3-5-6-3 defensive play. After Napolis leadoff double in the fifth, Fielder made a backhanded stop on Martins grounder. Fielder ran toward Napoli, who had stopped between second and third, and eventually tossed the ball to third baseman Cabrera. After a relay to shortstop Peralta, the ball went back to Fielder for the tag near third base. "I had a chance to do it earlier this year, and I kind of froze. I just wanted to be aggressive," said Fielder, who acknowledged with a grin that he doesnt often finish a defensive play on the other side of the infield. "Not too many for me." NOTES: Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre had three hits, and is hitting .512 (21 of 41) his last 11 games. ... The game time temperature was 100 degrees, the first triple-digit game of the season. ... Yu Darvish (9-4), who has won all six of his starts at Rangers Ballpark, pitches for Texas on Tuesday. Drew Smyly (2-2) comes off the DL to start for Detroit. The leftys been out since June 11 with a blister on his left middle finger. ... Berry had his 12th stolen base in 30 games. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes