Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

seamless transition into a featured role - Country...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

seamless transition into a featured role

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/22 10:56AM
Latest post: 2014/04/22 10:56AM, Views: 291, Posts: 1
seamless transition into a featured role
#1   2014/04/22 10:56AM
wxq123
The latest chapter of Canadas rivalry with Russia in hockey begins on today. The 2012 Canada-Russia Challenge, which see the top junior players from each country competing in a four game series begins at 11am et/8am pt on TSN2, and TSN Mobile TV. You can also talk hockey and get game updates with TSN.cas Live Game blog during each game. The first two games of the series are in Yaroslavl Russia, with the final two games being played in Halifax. The series will pay tribute to the city of Yaroslavl and the Kontinental Hockey Leagues Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, as the one year anniversary of the tragic Sept. 7 plane crash approaches. "I fully expect a Game 7-type of atmosphere," Team Canada coach Steve Spott told NHL.com. "Anytime you get these two countries together, especially when you consider the fact Russia beat Canada last year in Calgary and the year before in Buffalo [at the WJC], I think that there will be some motivation once the boys hit the ice for warmups." The series - which will also mark the 40th anniversary of the 1972 Summit Series - replaces this seasons Canadas National Junior Team Summer Development Camp and serves as part of player evaluations for the 2013 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. Team Canadas roster features 13 NHL first-round draft picks including the Florida Panthers Jonathan Huberdeau, the Columbus Blue Jackets Ryan Murray, the Winnipeg Jets Mark Scheifele and the Toronto Maple Leafs Morgan Rielly. The Canadians will face Russias three first-rounders, including the first overall draft pick in the 2012 NHL Draft Nail Yakupov of the Edmonton Oilers. TSN Radio 1050 will broadcast the entire series. TSN Radio 1290 will have Games 1 and 2 and TSN Radio 990, TEAM 1410 and TEAM 1200 will have Games 3 and 4. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Thats how much time remains for the NHL and its players association to bridge a wide gap in collective bargaining negotiations or face another lockout. Wholesale Jerseys . Jacques Villeneuve, the Quebec-born car-racing champion, is upset at a protest movement that has gone on for months and is now promising to turn up at Formula One Grand Prix events in Montreal all weekend. http://www.nflwholesalecheap... . Martinez, a first baseman in the majors for 16 years, has been a New York Yankees special assistant and worked an analyst for the YES Network. [url=http://www.nflwholesalecheapjerseysonline.com/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Tomorrow - the AFC South. The AFC North had three playoff teams last year and may have three playoff teams again this year. Cheap Jerseys From China Online . They didnt have to. After grinding out its third straight win with a 2-1 victory against Denmark on Sunday, Germany finished top of a group that didnt end up being as dangerous as it looked on paper. HOUSTON -- Now that theyve landed James Harden, the Houston Rockets have grander aspirations in mind. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey officially introduced Harden on Monday, calling him a "foundational" player for the teams ultimate goal of returning to title contention. Harden, last seasons Sixth Man of the Year, joined Houston in a stunning trade with Oklahoma City on Saturday night. "James Harden is a player we can build around, and continue to improve the team around his skills," Morey said. "Hes an elite offensive player, a complete player. He can pass, shoot, attack the basket. Even though hes a gold medallist , an Olympian and made the Finals, I still think hes an underrated player. Hes absolutely someone who, when they see him step into the role of a star for the Houston Rockets, people are going to realize just how good he is." The Rockets traded shooting guard Kevin Martin and first-round draft pick Jeremy Lamb to Oklahoma City, along with future draft picks. Coupled with Jeremy Lin, Morey is hoping that Houstons new high-profile backcourt and the salary cap space created by the deal will attract another star to Houston in the near future. The Rockets have overhauled their roster since finishing 34-32 last season and missing the playoffs for the third straight year. Houston added Lin and centre Omer Asik to join Chandler Parsons and Patrick Patterson in the projected starting lineup. "Now our job is to add another significant player or have one of our young guys develop into an All-Star-calibre player," Morey said. "You probably need two to really be a championship contender. Were not there yet, but weve got multiple young players who can take that step forward." Harden was finalizing a long-term contract with Houston on Monday. He says hell be ready to play when the Rockets open the regular season in Detroit on Wednesday. "Im excited to be here," Harden said. "The organization has done a great job, theyve made me feel welcome. I think we have something special here. Were young, but those guys want to work and get better, so we want things days at a time." Not long after news of the trade leaked out, Harden heard from Thunder stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, who were also his teammates on the Olympic team. The Rockets visit Oklahoma City on Nov. 28. "I actually talked to Kevin (Sunday) night. Hes still in shock," Harden said. "Its a business, it happens that way. We had something special there. It didnt work out. In a business, youve got to move on. Were still going to be brothers." Moorey acknowledged he was "shocked" that Harden was available, and said the deal came together within a few days last week.dddddddddddd The Rockets have been trying to land a first-tier star for years, failing in an aggressive bid to sign Dwight Howard over the summer. The Rockets were close to getting Pau Gasol before last season in a proposed deal that also would have sent All-Star guard Chris Paul to the Lakers. But NBA Commissioner David Stern, acting on behalf of the league-owned New Orleans Hornets, vetoed the deal that would have brought Lamar Odom to the Hornets, along with Luis Scola, Martin, Goran Dragic and a first-round pick. "A GM in 1950 would say to win the title, youve got to have an All-Star player," Morey said. "We feel like we have one now, and frankly, we want more than one. But youve got to get one first, and were going to move forward from there." Harden says hell wear the same No. 13 in Houston that he wore in Oklahoma City. "Its a new journey for me," Harden said. "Its a new growth for me, to do something special, being one of the focal points of this offence. Its a great opportunity." Morey expects Harden to start Houstons regular-season opener, a decision ultimately up to coach Kevin McHale. Harden said hes ready to play, even though he was practicing with his new team for the first time on Monday afternoon. "I mesh with anyone," Harden said. "It shouldnt take that much time, especially with our offence and our strategies arent too difficult. Im a very fast learner, so it shouldnt take too long." Later Monday, the Rockets waived forwards Jon Brockman and JaJuan Johnson, guards Gary Forbes and Shaun Livingston and guard/forward Lazar Hayward, who was acquired along with Harden from Oklahoma City. McHale and Morey said before training camp began that the objective this season was making the playoffs. That remains the same, although with Harden on board, it seems much more reachable. "Were going to be much better this year, and weve upped our playoff odds," Morey said. "Our goal isnt to stop there. Were looking to be a championship contender, and thats going to require focusing on the future, at least a little bit longer." Harden started only seven games in three seasons in Oklahoma City, as he developed into an indispensable reserve. Morey, like McHale, expects Harden to make a seamless transition into a featured role with the Rockets. "Hes had plenty of minutes and weve studied him, believe me," Morey said. "I dont see it as an issue at all." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes