Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Americas biggest city is hosting the - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Americas biggest city is hosting the

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/19 05:52AM
Latest post: 2014/04/19 05:52AM, Views: 244, Posts: 1
Americas biggest city is hosting the
#1   2014/04/19 05:52AM
wxq123
NEW YORK -- Surrounded by three decades of former Duke players, Grant Hill understood how his old coach set the career wins record. "How you motivate a guy in 1984 compared to 94 or compared to 04 or compared to 2012, each group is a different era," Hill told The Associated Press as the seconds ticked down on victory No. 903 for Mike Krzyzewski. "A lot of coaches can get out of touch. They cant connect. Hes been able to do that and actually almost get better." The Blue Devils beat Michigan State 74-69 at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night with more than 30 guys in the stands who helped tally up all those wins. Hill talked to Coach K at his hotel Monday night, marvelling at how the Blue Devils have dominated the ACC for the last 13 seasons in a way they couldnt even when he starred for Duke on national championship teams in 1991 and 92. Two of Krzyzewskis Olympic players, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul, also attended the record-breaking victory. Krzyzewski was coming off two rough seasons when he recruited Shane Battier in the mid-90s. Battier isnt at all surprised to see his former coach pass the record of his own college mentor. "I saw firsthand the level of preparation, the level of passion he put into his program every single day," said Battier, who led the Blue Devils to Krzyzewskis third title in 2001. "I know if you gave him enough opportunity, hed give Bobby Knight a run for his money. Its just amazing to be here on this night to see the culmination of this work." Hill, Battier and many of the other players in the crowd should have been busy with NBA games this week but found themselves free because of the lockout. "Its been a dark time for us NBA guys, but this is one of the few blessings that this lockout has allowed us to partake in," Battier said. His former classmate, Elton Brand, insisted: "Even if Id had a game, I wouldve tried to be here." The coach on the opposing sideline, the Spartans Tom Izzo, was touched, too, by how many ex-players turned out. "To me personally theres nothing greater than that," he said. "It shows what the program is about," said NCAA career assists leader Bobby Hurley, an assistant coach at Wagner still stinging from a lopsided loss to Connecticut a day earlier. "It shows what the guys think of Coach." Battier predicted Krzyzewski would call this just another win -- which indeed he did. "Thats what makes Coach so great," Battier said. "Its not about the numbers for him. Its about the journey. Its about consistency. This is just another step on the road for this team this year. Thats his singular focus." At 39 years old, Hill sees the generation gap with his own younger NBA teammates. Yet Krzyzewski keeps winning with generation after generation of players, even after some started leaving early for the pros. "Hes kept the same principles along the journey," said Jay Williams, another star on that 2001 team who departed after his junior season. "A lot of people have to change with the times. Hes been able to adapt, but the core values have been the same." Battier grinned broadly, his eyes a little moist, as he watched Krzyzewski hug Knight after it was over. "Ageless," he called his former coach, the guy who still looks the same as when Battier was a freshman. He expects many more years of victories. "I think its wrong to put a limit on it," Williams said. "Hes 64, and he walks and he talks and he acts like hes 50. If thats another 10 years, I think his record is going to be untouchable." wholesale jerseys . Left-hander Wade LeBlanc will start Tuesday night against Milwaukee, pushing righty Jacob Turner back a day in a rotation that also includes Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Ricky Nolasco and Nathan Eovaldi. cheap nfl jerseys china . Italy had more of the possession, the better of the chances, and thoroughly deserved to advance to the semifinals at UEFA Euro 2012 with a penalty shootout win over England on Sunday. http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesal... . Veteran Darian Durant is nursing a hip flexor and did not practise this week. If he is not able to play, Chamblin will put the ball in the hands of Drew Willy, a rookie from the University of Buffalo. [url=http://www.chinanfljerseyswholesale.com/]cheap jerseys nfl . Hamels, coming off a five-hitter against Atlanta last Tuesday, scattered seven hits and struck out five in his sixth career shutout and 12th complete game. cheap jerseys from china . Mark Fraser was a homegrown product of the New Jersey Devils, but after five years and 98 NHL games he had been deemed expendable, shipped westward to the Ducks in December before landing with the Leafs in another trade two months later. SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Soon-to-retire Fernando Gonzalez of Chile fell to Igor Andreev of Russia 6-2, 6-3 in the first round of the Brazil Open ATP tournament on Tuesday. The 31-year-old Gonzalez, who last week said he will play only two other events before retiring, lost to the big-serving Russian qualifier in just more than an hour. Gonzalez had the support of the Brazilian crowd but won only six points on Andreevs service games. "I was happy, I tried to enjoy all the moments because I know the end of my career is near," said Gonzalez, currently ranked 266th in the world. The former No. 5 in the world announced he was retiring because he lacks the energy to play at the top level after a series of back, knee and hip injuries in recent years. He will play the Copa Claro in Argentina in the next few weeks and then will end his career after the Masters tournament next month in Miami. Gonzalez woon 11 ATP events and the three Olympic medals -- gold, silver and bronze.dddddddddddd He reached the final of the 2007 Australian Open, losing in straight sets to Roger Federer, and was a semifinalist at the 2009 French Open. Earlier, fifth-seeded Carlos Berlocq of Argentina defeated Eric Prodon of France 6-4, 6-0. The 42nd-ranked Berlocq, runner-up at the Vina Del Mar VTR Open last week, saved five break points in the first set. He cruised to victory with three straight service breaks in the second, with Prodon double-faulting four times. Spanish qualifier Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo, the oldest player in the main draw at 34, needed two hours to defeat Rui Machado of Portugal 6-3, 1-6, 6-2. Romanias Victor Hanescu beat Joao Souza of Brazil, 6-3, 6-3. South Americas biggest city is hosting the clay-court event for the first time after 11 editions in the northeastern city of Costa do Sauipe. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes