Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

competitive person and I know a lot of - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

competitive person and I know a lot of

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/18 06:03AM
Latest post: 2014/04/18 06:03AM, Views: 284, Posts: 1
competitive person and I know a lot of
#1   2014/04/18 06:03AM
wxq123
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson was listed in good condition on Thursday after being taken to a hospital. Team spokesman Scott Berchtold made the announcement, but was unable to provide further information regarding the Hall of Fame owner. Wilson has a home in suburban Detroit, and the news of him being hospitalized was released prior to Buffalos final preseason game at Detroit. The 93-year-old Wilson had hip surgery in spring 2011, and his health has been slipping. Hes particularly had difficulty travelling, and that included attending Bills games. After regularly attending games both on the road and away since founding the franchise in 1960, Wilson was able to attend only one home game last season. Wilson was healthy enough to attend the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony festivities earlier this month to open a new research and preservation centre named in his honour. A lifelong fan of football, Wilson donated $2.5 million to have the 10,000-square-foot centre built in order to preserve more than 20 million documents and three million photographic images. Wilson was inducted into the hall of fame in 2009, along with the teams star defensive end, Bruce Smith. News of Wilson being hospitalized comes at a critical juncture for the franchise he founded as one of the inaugural members of the American Football League. The Bills are in the middle of negotiations with Erie County to extend their lease at Ralph Wilson Stadium. As part of the talks, the Bills are seeking taxpayer dollars to help fund more than $200 million in proposed renovations to the 39-year-old facility. The current lease expires in July. Though the Bills officials have maintained the teams commitment to staying in Buffalo for the long term, there remain concerns of what happens to the franchise once Wilson dies. Wilson has previously said he has no intention to leave the team to his family, and instead intends to have his heirs sell the franchise. cheap nfl jerseys china . Owens, who beat out Stampeders running back Jon Cornish earlier in the week as the CFLs top player, walked into the Argo locker-room and happily received a beer shower from Marcus Ball and other teammates following Torontos 35-22 win over Calgary on Sunday. cheap jerseys paypal . The Spanish capital derby had been billed as a must-win match for Madrid, which is 11 points behind leader Barcelona. Instead, electricians tried and failed to repair the damage caused by what Rayo president Raul Martin Presa called "vandals" who had "cut the wiring" on some of the stadiums light towers. http://www.wholesalenflch... . Numbers Game breaks down the Wild signings of Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. The Wild Get: LW Zach Parise and D Ryan Suter. [url=http://www.wholesalenflcheapjerseysfromchina.biz/]cheap jerseys . "I feel deflated and disappointed. I feel frustrated and distracted," Gleason said in a statement on his website. Gleason has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, and has allowed filmmaker Sean Pamphilon to capture his struggle with the incurable disease. He played for the Saints from 2000 to 2007 and maintains a strong relationship with the club, which has backed his efforts to improve the lives of those living with the debilitating symptoms of ALS. cheap nfl jerseys usa . The 25th-ranked Dolgopolovs previous three finals appearances, including one victory, came in 250-level events. Dolgopolov relied in his high-risk, high-reward approach. "Its a part of me, my personality," said Dolgopolov, who added that he enjoys racing cars.TORONTO -- The longest hiatus Steven Stamkos has ever taken from high-level hockey is not without its occasional good moments. There are always plenty of laughs when the NHL star takes the ice for a weekly pickup game with his father Chris and some buddies, a handful of whom are almost three times his age. There is the extra time spent in the gym alongside close friend and mentor Gary Roberts, who Stamkos jokes is dangerously close to making him too big. And then there is the anticipation of next weeks Christmas celebration, the first one hell get to enjoy at home with family in Markham, Ont., in six or seven years. "As tough as it is, as frustrating as it is, you try to pick up some positives," said Stamkos. But its clear the NHLs most dangerous goal-scorer is feeling the pain of the lockout. Standing under the signature sloped roof at the building formerly known as Maple Leaf Gardens on Monday afternoon, the locked-out Tampa Bay Lightning forward couldnt help but slip in a few references to his growing displeasure while speaking with reporters. "Its frustrating," said Stamkos. "You do something for your whole life and you dont really think anything of it. Everything you do is geared towards playing hockey. Now when you dont have that, its tough." Catching himself, the 22-year-old quickly steered the conversation back to a charity game on Wednesday night, where hell captain a team that plays against one led by Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban. For Stamkos, it represents the chance to make the best of a bad situation. Hell get to skate alongside James Neal, Dion Phaneuf, Phil Kessel and Logan Couture, among others, with all of the proceeds from the soldout Mattamy Athletic Centre benefiting the NHLPAs Goals & Dreams Fund and the RBC Play Hockey program. "When theres no hockey you try to find other things to do and a great cause to be part of," said Stamkos. "This is one of them." It was during another charity game last month where Stamkos was reminded of exactly what he has been missing during the NHLs labour dispute. The atmosphere was electric for "Operation Hat Trick" in Atlantic City, N.J..dddddddddddd., which raised more than US$500,000 for victims of Hurricane Sandy. Among the chants the fans screamed in Boardwalk Hall? "We want hockey!" The feeling was mutual. "I got the itch back when we were in Atlantic City," said Stamkos. "Obviously, it was a little bigger venue than this (the revamped Maple Leaf Gardens seats about 2,500), there was I think 10,000 people at the game. And you can just feel the passion that the hockey fans have -- those are the guys that are really truly hurting right now. "We feel bad for them, but were obviously trying to get something done." Stamkos has kept some distance from the ongoing collective bargaining talks. Hes leaned on Roberts and veteran Lightning teammates Marty St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier for advice, and attempted to keep on top of the issues. However, he admits he never expected the lockout to drag into mid-December. "I thought wed be able to work something out but thats the nature of the beast," said Stamkos. "For the guys that have been through this before, theyve told me its a long process. Sometimes it looks like its going to be happening in the near future and then something happens. "Theres so many ups and downs and highs and lows. For me this is my first (lockout). You just try to stay informed and learn from it and just try to stay ready." It seems like ages ago that Stamkos became just the 20th player in NHL history to hit the 60-goal barrier. More than eight months have passed since he fired the puck past Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec on the final day of the regular season -- a goal that earned him a standing at Winnipegs MTS Centre. Stamkos scored 28 times over his final 34 games to hit the milestone, but has been denied the opportunity to try and carry the momentum into a new season. "For me this is the longest that Ive gone without playing a competitive game," said Stamkos. "I know Im a very competitive person and I know a lot of guys in the league are. I miss that. "You can play pickup games, you can play shinny games, you can play on the outdoor rink -- but nothing matches getting into a game atmosphere." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes