Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

He showed in this game why we put so - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

He showed in this game why we put so

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/16 07:07AM
Latest post: 2014/04/16 07:07AM, Views: 269, Posts: 1
He showed in this game why we put so
#1   2014/04/16 07:07AM
wxq123
NEW YORK -- As promised, Mariano Rivera is staying with the New York Yankees for another season. After missing most of the season because of a knee injury, Rivera accepted a cut in guaranteed money when he finalized a $10 million, one-year contract Friday. The all-time saves leader, who turned 43 on Thursday, took a cut from his $30 million deal that had covered the last two years. But he can earn an additional $500,000 if he is MVP of the league championship series, $1 million if he is MVP of the World Series and $1 million if he wins the Rolaids Relief Award. Rivera was limited to nine games this year after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee while tracking down a fly ball during batting practice in Kansas City on May 3. "Like Ive been saying, I didnt want to go out like that," Rivera said in a statement. "I didnt want that to be the last image. But it wasnt an easy decision because theres more than just baseball with me. I have to consider my family and the church, too. But I feel like we have a great group of guys and a team that can compete for a championship. Im not just coming back to play. Im coming back to win." Rivera, with 608 saves in the regular season and 42 more in the post-season, is a 12-time All-Star. The Yankees say his recovery from knee surgery on June 12 will be complete by opening day. With deals for Andy Pettitte, Hiroki Kuroda and Rivera in place, the Yankees will turn their attention to position players. "I think were having a successful early campaign to our winter because weve able to retain some high-end, high-calibre starting pitching," general manager Brian Cashman said during an appearance in Connecticut. Catcher Russell Martin departed, finalizing a $17 million, two-year contract with Pittsburgh on Friday. New York also agreed to a one-year contract with utilityman Jayson Nix that pays him $900,000 in the majors and $300,000 in the minors, then designated Nix and right-hander Mickey Storey for assignment. The Yankees claimed right-hander Jim Miller off waivers from Oakland. nfljerseyschinawholesal... . -- Chad Johnson understands many were writing him off after his forgettable 2011 season with the New England Patriots. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]Cheap Jerseys China . He settled instead for his first win in seven weeks, and that was plenty satisfying. Maholm allowed just four hits, pitched into the ninth inning and benefited from three homers and some good defence Friday, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 4-0 win over the Houston Astros. http://www.nfljerseysch... . Jimmy Rollins homered and drove in three runs and Roy Halladay won again as the Phillies outslugged the Miami Marlins 9-7 on Tuesday night for their sixth straight win. [url=http://www.nfljerseyschinawholesalecheaponsale.com/]NFL Jerseys China . The CFLs Scouting Bureau published its initial Top 15 list of the season on Wednesday. Charles heads a group of eight CIS players to make the cut, including four of the top five prospects. Cheap Jerseys NFL . The Lakers final play? Well, 7-foot Pau Gasol ended up shooting a 3-pointer. While coach Mike DAntoni is on his way to Los Angeles with new schemes and strategies, Gregg Popovich and the Spurs are headed out of town with an outstanding start to the season.BERLIN -- Szabolcs Huszti capped a remarkable afternoon by scoring an overhead injury-time winner in Hannovers 3-2 win over Werder Bremen and then getting sent off in the Bundesliga on Saturday. Huszti, who also scored Hannovers first goal and set up another, received two yellow cards in quick succession for taking his shirt off and then climbing the stand after his spectacular strike with just seconds remaining. "These are just pure emotions. Thats why you play football," Hannover coach Mirko Slomka said. Even referee Deniz Aytekin seemed a bit apologetic, saying: "It pains you a little but I had no choice." Bayern Munich beat Mainz 3-1 to maintain its perfect start to the season and defending champion Borussia Dortmund defeated Bayer Leverkusen 3-0. Former U.S. secretary of state Henry Kissinger was unable to inspire Greuther Fuerth to a win against Schalke on the 89-year-olds return to the town in which he was born. Julian Draxlers stunning 48th-minute strike and Lewis Holtbys goal with two minutes remaining secured a 2-0 win for the visitors. Kissinger, whose family fled Nazi Germany in 1938, was honouring a promise to visit Ronhof Stadium if Fuerth secured promotion. He said he tried to watch games there as a child, even though it was against the wishes of his parents. "My father wanted me to go to the opera, but I was always for the (Fuerth) games and I tried to sneak in," Kissinger said in German before the game. "I was caught every time and then there was trouble at home." In Munich, Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic scored in the second minute and Bastian Schweinsteiger headed in the home sides second goal in the 13th. Mainz pulled one back through Adam Szalais penalty in the 59th, then Toni Kroos secured the win in injury time. Borussia Moenchengladbach lost 3-2 at home to Nuremberg, and Stuttgart drew 0-0 with Fortuna Duesseldorf on a weekend when all Bundesliga teams agreed to forego shirt sponsorship to carry a message promoting integration. Hungarian midfielder Huszti has been directly involved in Hannovers last seven goals, scoring two and setting up five since his return from Zenit St. Petersburg. Huszti opened the scoring in the northern derby with a free kick in the sixth, and then crossed for Leon Andreasen to score four minutes later. Aaron Hunt pulled one back from the peenalty spot in the 26th, and Werder deservedly equalized in the 74th, when Eljero Elia set up Kevin de Bruyne.dddddddddddd Bremen might have won the game late on if Sokratis Papastathopoulos effort wasnt ruled out for offside, and if Ron-Robert Zieler hadnt denied Marco Arnautovic, before Huszti had the final say. "A crazy game. We were lucky to win in the end," Slomka said. Mandzukic scored the fastest goal of the season so far when Thomas Mueller capitalized on a defensive mistake and found the Croat at the far post. Holger Badstuber then crossed for Schweinsteiger to score with a rare header as Bayern -- playing without Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben after they picked up knocks in training -- appeared to be in cruise control. However, Mainz had a lifeline in the 58th when Dante brought down Julian Baumgartlinger and Szalai made no mistake from the spot. Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes introduced Javi Martinez from the bench with 15 minutes remaining and the Spaniard crossed for Kroos to score with a crisp volley and boost confidence ahead of Valencias visit in the Champions League on Wednesday. With Angela Merkel watching from the stands in Dortmund, Mats Hummels scored in the 29th, prompting jubilation from the German chancellor before she quickly composed herself to maintain diplomacy. Mario Goetze let Lukasz Piszczeks cross run behind for the free Jakub Blaszczykowski to fire in Dortmunds second in the 39th, and Robert Lewandowski scored his first of the season in the 78th. Dortmund, which hosts Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday, is unbeaten in 31 consecutive league games. Japan midfielder Hiroshi Kiyotake was the hero for Nuremberg, delivering a free kick for Timm Klose to head past Marc-Andre ter Stegen in the 17th, and then a corner for Timmy Simons to do likewise nine minutes later. Moenchengladbachs record signing Luuk de Jong got off the mark for his club when Patrick Herrmann set up the C12 million ($15 million) Dutchman with a simple tap-in before the break. Another new arrival, Granit Xhaka, equalized with his first Bundesliga goal in the 53rd, again set up by Herrmann, but then Kiyotake eluded three Moenchengladbach defenders to score the winning goal two minutes later. "He showed in this game why we put so much effort into (signing) him," Nuremberg coach Dieter Hecking said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes