Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

more of a deterrent, but if he serves his - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

more of a deterrent, but if he serves his

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/10 09:07AM
Latest post: 2014/04/10 09:07AM, Views: 285, Posts: 1
more of a deterrent, but if he serves his
#1   2014/04/10 09:07AM
wxq123
HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros are quickly getting accustomed to celebrating walk-off wins. After earning their first walk-off win of the season Friday, the Astros followed it up with their first extra-inning win Saturday night. Scott Moore hit an RBI single with none out in the bottom of the 10th inning, lifting the Astros to a 6-5 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. Moore, who came to bat with runners on third with less than two outs twice before in the game and was unable to capitalize, was happy to get his first career walk-off hit. "I was just trying to get a pitch out over the plate to put the barrel on," Moore said. "If I could get the ball in the outfield, there is a good chance we are going to score. I was in that situation like three times tonight, and fortunately, I was able to come through the last one." Jose Altuve led off the 10th with an infield single off Jim Henderson (0-1). Marwin Gonzalez and Steve Pearce followed with walks to load the bases before Moore singled, giving Houston consecutive wins for the first time since June 26-27. "It was nice to do it in back to back nights," Houston manager Brad Mills said. "When you dont do it all season and you do it in back to back nights, thats really nice and everyone enjoys it." The Astros were 0-11 in extra innings before Fridays win. Milwaukee rallied to tie the game three times, sending it to extras on Jean Seguras RBI groundout in the ninth inning. Rickie Weeks led off the ninth with a double off Wilton Lopez (5-1). "(Henderson) did his job the first inning and we put him back out there, but hes not going to be perfect all the time," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "I thought we did a nice job of battling back and scoring runs once we got behind." Dallas Keuchel allowed four runs -- two earned -- on five hits with a career-high six strikeouts for Houston. Keuchel struck out six batters in his four starts in July and had allowed 27 runs -- 25 earned -- over 25 innings in his last five outings. "Its nice to be able to go out there and command the ball to both sides of the plate and up and down," Keuchel said. "I felt good from the get go." Marco Estrada lasted only four innings for Milwaukee, allowing four runs on seven hits with three strikeouts. Estrada has not won since Aug. 23, 2011. "I just felt completely out of whack out there," Estrada said. "It was the worst Ive felt all year, and I let a bad team beat me." Tyler Greene put Houston ahead 5-4 with a solo home run to right-centre in the fifth off Livan Hernandez. Greene, who was acquired on Thursday by the Astros from St. Louis for a player to be named or cash, had a double and scored twice in his first start with Houston. The Brewers loaded the bases in the seventh with two outs, but Mickey Storey struck Carlos Gomez out looking to end the threat. After the inning, Gomez was ejected by home plate umpire Gary Darling for arguing the called third strike. After the game, Gomez went on a profanity-laced rant mostly directed toward Darling. "I have never gotten thrown out in my career, but that guy, I had to tell something," Gomez said. Milwaukee tied it at 4-apiece in the fifth on a two-run double by Norichika Aoki scoring Jonathan Lucroy, who had doubled, and Segura, who had singled. Altuve singled with one out and stole second before Brett Wallace singled to right field in the third. An error by Aoki allowed Altuve to score. Pearce followed with an RBI triple to lift the lead to 4-2. The Brewers tied it 2-all, capitalizing on an error by Wallace. After Aramis Ramirez singled and stole second to begin the inning, Corey Hart grounded to third, but Wallaces throw to first went high, allowing Hart to move to second and Ramirez to score. Hart scored two batters later on a Lucroy sacrifice fly. Houston jumped on Estrada early as Greene led off with a double and Altuve singled. After a wild pitch allowed Altuve to move to second, Wallace popped out to the catcher. Pearce followed with a two-run single to centre to give Houston a 2-0 lead. NOTES: Astros INF Brian Bixler cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City. He had been designated for assignment to make room on the roster for Greene. . Houston named Mike Elias as director of scouting, general manager Jeff Luhnow announced Saturday. ... Milwaukee RHP Shaun Marcum, who is on the 60-day DL with right elbow tightness, made his first rehab start Friday night for Class-A Wisconsin allowing one run on one hit with three strikeouts in three innings. He threw 36 pitches. ... Houston will start RHP Jordan Lyles, who is 2-8 with a 5.69 ERA, Sunday, while the Brewers will send Yovani Gallardo, who is 10-8 with a 3.79 ERA, to the mound in the series finale. holdjersey . -- Torii Hunter is expected to rejoin the Los Angeles Angels at some point next week after they return from their current trip. nfl holdjersey . Zach McAllister (6-8) pitched five-hit ball over 6 2-3 innings, allowing three runs as Cleveland improved to 2-1 with interim manager Sandy Alomar Jr. http://www.holdjersey.com/ .com arena. The draft agreement, posted online by the City of Glendale on its municipal website Monday, states the former San Jose Sharks executive will be paid the fee as arena manager for keeping "an anchor tenant at the arena. cheap jerseys . Wood was claimed off waivers from Kansas City on Nov. 2. The 27-year-old had elbow ligament-replacement surgery in May and missed the entire season. wholesale jerseys . The Senators got better as the game went on, outshooting the Jets 37-28 while skating to a 4-1 win. Dustin Byfuglien opened the scoring for the Jets on the power play, taking a Tobias Enstrom pass and beating Craig Anderson with a blast from the line. SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants have no plans to bring back suspended outfielder Melky Cabrera for the post-season if the club is still playing when he is eligible to return. Manager Bruce Bochy said Tuesday that he and general manager Brian Sabean are meeting to finalize their 25-man roster for the best-of-five division series. Cabrera would be allowed to play in the NLCS if the Giants advance that far, but -- at this stage, at least -- they have no intention of adding him to the roster at any point in the post-season. An announcement regarding Cabrera is expected before the NL West champions leave town after a three-game series against Arizona that began Tuesday night. First, they would need to alert all the parties involved: Cabrera, Major League Baseball and the players union. Cabrera can start working out at instructional league in Arizona 10 days before his suspension ends, so that factor weighs into the mix. "Right now, well discuss that. Well probably have something before the end of this homestand as far as Melky," Bochy said. "Were talking about a lot of things, and thats one of them. Ill probably have an answer for you before we leave here to go down to San Diego. I think both on our side and Melkys side, youre getting down to the time period where he can start working out and doing some things. I think he needs to know and we need to know." San Franciscos 40-man roster is full, so when Cabrera is eligible to be reinstated the Giants would have to make a roster move. They could keep Cabrera on the 40-man roster just in case. Cabrera, the All-Star game MVP, is batting .346, which is the highest mark in the National League. He was suspended for 50 games Aug. 15 for a positive testosterone test. On Friday, Cabrera asked to be removed from contention for the batting crown, saying he had no wish to win a tainted title. The Giants have succeeded without Cabreras big bat, cllinching their second division crown in three seasons Saturday night against San Diego.ddddddddddddAnd they are pushing ahead with the roster they have. "Right now, were focusing on the future and whats going to happen, the playoffs. Were not thinking about that," centre fielder Angel Pagan said. "Theyll make the decisions. We are the soldiers. If they bring him, were teammates. Well receive him with open arms. But if not, hey, weve got to respect the decision and move on, move forward." Reliever Jeremy Affeldt has said he wants to fight with the faces who are currently in the clubhouse -- as theyve done just fine in the month-plus playing without Cabrera. "Exactly, and Im sure thats the way the team thinks, too," Pagan said. "I respect any decision that the team makes. We have a job to do. And we have the mentality to go out there and finish the season strong and start the playoffs the right way." Catcher Buster Posey said the Giants will accept whatever the front office decides regarding Cabrera, who is set to become a free agent after the season. "I dont think it would bother us than just the extra questions," he said. "That would be the main thing, the extra questions." Poseys .332 batting average was third in the NL behind Cabrera and Pittsburghs Andrew McCutchen (.336) entering games Tuesday night. Cabrera was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs in his first season with San Francisco and is five hits shy of 1,000 in his big league career. "Ive been outspoken on the penalties. If he serves his suspension and pays the price, whatever it is, you guys know I spoke out and said I think there needs to be more of a deterrent, but if he serves his penalty, I guess Im really not against it. Thats their decision," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "If hes caught again, I think he should be done." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes