Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Ronaldo. "I want to surpass my own - Country Music...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Ronaldo. "I want to surpass my own

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/08 11:02AM
Latest post: 2014/04/08 11:02AM, Views: 277, Posts: 1
Ronaldo. "I want to surpass my own
#1   2014/04/08 11:02AM
wxq123
MONTREAL -- John (The Bull) Makdessi looked impressive in defeating Sam (Hands of Stone) Stout in an all-Canadian lightweight bout on the undercard of UFC 154 on Saturday night. Makdessi (10-2) used a smart game plan -- and stinging left jab -- to pick away at Stout in a clinical 30-27, 29-28, 30-27 win. The main event of the Bell Centre mixed martial arts card was a welterweight title fight between Montreals Georges St-Pierre and Carlos (Natural Born Killer) Condit. St-Pierre, the reigning 170-pound champion, has not fought since April 2011 as the result of reconstructive knee surgery. Condit won the interim title during his absence, defeating Nick Diaz in February. Condit was booed as he was shown entering the arena on the video screens. The crowd went wild at GSPs entry, especially when the champ faked a limp before grinning and giving a thumbs-up. A GSP win likely means a super-fight showdown with middleweight (185-pound) champion Anderson Silva. The 37-year-old Brazilian met the media before the card started, declaring his interest in meeting GSP somewhere between their two weight classes. Stout, from London, Ont., and Montreals Makdessi both received loud welcomes from the Bell Centre crowd. Stout (19-8-1) pressed the action to start but Makdessi scored with some good counter-punches and stuffed some takedown attempts. Stout began to get frustrated in the second as Makdessi made him pay. In the third, Makdessi lashed Stout in the face with a kick and Stouts face looked the worse for wear as the run wore on. Stout never stopped coming forward but he also never found the key to Makdessi. Makdessi needed the win after two straight losses. It was also a welcome result for his brother David, whose clothing line Fear the Fighter was well-represented on the night. There were eight Canadians on the Bell Centre card, not counting Montreal-based French middleweight Francis Carmont -- one of five Tristar Gym fighters in action. There would have been nine but Calgary middleweight Nick (The Promise) Ring was forced to pull out earlier in the day due to illness. His bout with American Costa Philippou was scrapped. The other Canadians faced foreign opponents on the night, going 3-0 on the undercard. Veteran Montreal middleweight Patrick (The Predator) Cote won by first-round disqualification over Italys Alessio (Legionarius) Sakara. The fight was stopped at 1:26 after Sakara floored Cote with elbows to the head and then nailed a dazed Cote -- who was on his knees -- with hammer-fists, of which eight straight were illegal blows to the back of the head. The crowd, which had been singing "Ole, Ole, Ole" during the bout, booed as they watched replays or Sakara was shown on the video screen. Cote, who just shook his head, was rewarded with cheers. The win was then given to Cote (19-8). Sakara (19-10 with one no contest) apologized after the fight, saying he was caught up in the moment. Montreal bantamweight Ivan (Pride of El Salvador) Menjivar pulled off a slick belly-down armbar to defeat Azamat Gashimov, an American-based Russian, by submission at 2:44 of the first round. As the first Canadian out on the card, Menjivar was rewarded with plenty of love from the crowd for his fourth win in five UFC fights. Gashimov (10-2) took Menjivar (25-9) down and paid for it. Gashimovs face was contorted in pain as he tapped out in his UFC debut, his arm bent at an impossible angle. "I let him punch me and then I submitted him," said Menjivar. Featherweight Antonio (Pato) Carvalho (15-5) of Ajax, Ont., won a 29-28, 29-28, 28-29 split decision over former Strikeforce contender Rodrigo Damm in a bout dominated by savage leg kicks. The first round had the crowd booing but both fighters paid a price for the action, showing visible damage on their legs. By the end of three rounds, it looked like both men had had graters scraped across their thighs repeatedly. "I got the win but I wasnt happy with my performance," said Carvalho. Damm (10-6) had Silva in his corner. Lanky light-heavyweight Cyrille (The Snake) Diabate (20-8-3) showed off his ground skills in choking out Chad (The Grave Digger) Griggs at 2:24 of the first round. Griggs, a full-time Tucson firefighter who was moving down to light-heavyweight, came out wild and Diabate floored him with a counter-right. Once the fight hit the ground, it was all Diabate. The 39-year-old bloodied up Griggs (11-3) and then locked in a rear-naked choke. Welterweight Matt (Deep Waters) Riddle won a decision over Englands John (The One) Maguire in a battle of injury replacements. Riddle (7-3 with one no contest) was returning from a 90-day marijuana suspension from UFC 149 in Calgary, which he said was the result of medicinal use. Riddle turned heads with an acrobatic jumping spin kick thrown while Maguire (18-5) was holding the other in a takedown attempt. A crowd-pleaser who is no shrinking violet, Riddle entered the cage to Iron Butterflys "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" and exited dancing to the reggae music playing over the sound system. Darren (The Damage) Elkins ran his winning streak to four at featherweight with a decision over a game (Super) Steven Siler (21-10). Takedowns and ground superiority were the difference for Elkins (16-2), who went 1-1 as a lightweight before dropping down a weight class. cheap nfl jerseys . After a nearly two-year legal battle, California racing officials agreed with ONeill but still found fault because of a rule that says trainers are ultimately responsible for horses in their care. The ruling Thursday doesnt prevent ONeill from saddling his Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner in the Belmont Stakes on June 9. cheap jerseys . Lionel Messi was the recipient of two of Iniestas assists to score in the 47th and 52nd minutes. Iniesta himself netted five minutes later with a blast off the crossbar before setting up Cesc Fabregas in the 63rd at Ciutat de Valencia stadium. http://www.wholesalejerseysamerica... . The following is an excerpt of the memo sent out on Friday. --- Brief summary of the three core-economic proposals we made yesterday. Each has the players share declining over the life of the agreement. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysamerican.com/]cheap jerseys from china . -- Free agent infielder Jeff Keppinger has signed to a one-year contract with the Tampa Bay Rays. cheap nfl jerseys china . In advance of Fridays second stage of the MLS re-entry draft, the 23-year-old American took to Twitter to announce his future.BARCELONA, Spain -- Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo warmed up for their teams upcoming Copa del Rey clash with high-scoring displays on Sunday to help Barcelona and Real Madrid cruise to comfortable wins against helpless Spanish league opponents. After Ronaldo hit his 20th career hat trick in an 11-minute span to help Madrid rout Getafe 4-0, an insatiable Messi did him one better by netting four times in Barcelonas 5-1 thrashing of 10-man Osasuna. Messi is on pace to break his own Spanish league record of 50 goals from last season. The forward leads the league with 33 goals in 21 rounds, chased by Ronaldo on 21. Barcelona maintained the 15-point difference with Madrid, and restored its 11-point gap over Atletico Madrid after it lost 3-0 at Athletic Bilbao. Madrid hosts Barcelona in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semifinal on Wednesday. "It will be a tough game," said Ronaldo, whose first goal of the day was the 300th in his professional club career. "Barcelona is a fantastic team. We will be missing several important players (Iker Casillas, Pepe, Angel Di Maria), but that is not an excuse. It will be a great night." Also on Sunday, Malaga hung on to win 3-2 at Mallorca to reclaim fourth place from Real Betis, which lost 3-0 at Rayo Vallecano. Betis fell to fifth place while Rayo climbed into sixth. With the "clasico" looming, there had been speculation that perhaps Messi would sit out Sundays game at Camp Nou. Instead, Messi stormed to his fourth career four-goal game, with only the woodwork keeping him from matching his five-goal feat from a Champions League match last season. "We went out there and took care of business like always," Messi said. "It was important to put the game away because it isnt easy when everyone is talking so much about the clasico." Messis first came in the 11th, when Xavi Hernandez intercepted goalkeeper Andres Fernandezs pass and found the Argentine forward, who brought the keeper to the ground with the subtlest of feints before rolling the ball home. That gave Messi yet another record, as he has now scored in 11 straight league games, improving on the old mark of 10 that he tied last season. He has also scored iin his last 16 starts overall.dddddddddddd Midfielder Raoul Loe surprisingly levelled for Osasuna in the 24th, but the visitors celebration was short lived. Defender Alejandro Arribas received his second booking for blocking Adrianos strike with his arm, leaving his team with 10 men and Messi walking up to the penalty spot. Messi slotted the ball just inside the post to restore Barcelonas lead for good in the 27th. The penalty was Messis 200th career Spanish league goal, making him the eighth player to reach that mark and the youngest ever by four years at 25 years old. After Messi had hit the post with a header, Pedro Rodriguez finished off a pass from Dani Alves to make it 3-1 in the 40th from another move started by Xavi. David Villa then participated in Messis goals in the 56th and 58th, first working a one-two combination with the four-time world player of the year for him to score from an angle. Villa then made a back pass that Adriano sent on to Messi, who tapped in his fourth goal of the night. Earlier, Sergio Ramos scored Madrids first goal in the 53rd minute after fellow defender Ricardo Carvalho forced goalkeeper Miguel Moya to fumble the ball by hitting his arms in an apparent foul that went unpunished. "It was clearly a foul," Getafe coach Luis Garcia said. "Its a pity. When you are losing you have to push forward, and thats what let them get out on the break. Madrid is the best team in the world on the counterattack." Ahead 1-0, Madrid didnt look back. Ronaldo finished off a counterattack from its own area in the 62nd, running onto Mesut Oezils pass and firing the ball beyond Moya. Three minutes later, Ronaldo made it 3-0 as he charged in unmarked behind Gonzalo Higuain to head home Di Marias floated cross at the far post. He then dispatched a penalty kick into the lower left corner in the 72nd after Alberto Lopo fouled Luka Modric in the box. "Im satisfied with (my hat trick), but my task is to keep it up and give my all for this club," said Ronaldo. "I want to surpass my own personal record from last season." The Portugal forward, rarely substituted, was taken off seconds later to the applause of the Santiago Bernabeu crowd. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes