Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

to some players back home, some guys disagree and ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

to some players back home, some guys disagree and some guys

Started by lili, 2014/04/07 10:10AM
Latest post: 2014/04/07 10:10AM, Views: 252, Posts: 1
to some players back home, some guys disagree and some guys
#1   2014/04/07 10:10AM
lili
SAN CANDIDO, Italy -- Canadians Kelsey Serwa and Georgia Simmerling reaped the benefits of some carnage in the final of Sundays womens ski cross. Serwa, the reigning world champion from Kelowna, B.C., came from fourth to win gold in the final of the World Cup event after Switzerlands Katrin Mueller and French veteran Ophelie David tangled behind her. Simmerling, whose best finish since switching from alpine to ski cross was ninth at San Candido last year, just avoided the collision and wound up second. "I saw Katrins skis go up in the air and she took a tumble and almost decapitated me with her ski," said Simmerling, who hails from West Vancouver, B.C. "And I had to ski around her along the net. The conditions were pretty tough, but I think the race was safe." Simmerling finished third but was bumped up when David was disqualified after a review. Mueller took bronze. For Serwa, it was her first victory since winning both races here in 2011. She has been trying to build her confidence from race to race after returning from a knee injury that ended her season last January. "It was fun day and Im happy to be back on top," said Serwa. "It feels like its been a really long time. The pieces are starting to fall together." Serwa dominated her quarter-final and semifinal, but it was the first time she had to battle from fourth to first in a final. "It almost feels like I worked for it more this way than just getting in front and staying in front," said Serwa. "I had to be smart and had to be tactical, rather than just skiing." The silver was a welcome surprise for Simmerling, who had yet to even reach a World Cup quarter-final this season. She advanced from the semis after contact between Norways Marte Hoeie Gjefsen and Frances Marielle Berger Sabbatel. "Im obviously very excited and little surprised," said Simmerling. "I tried to ski smart and did my best and I think luck was on my side, but thats the sport." Serwa is third in the ski cross standings with 195 points behind Fanny Smith of Switzerland (336) and Gjefsen (207). Smith had opened the season with a run of three straight victories, but she was defeated by Mueller in Sundays semifinal. On the mens side, Calgarys Brady Leman failed to reach the podium for a third straight time and finished fifth. He has two silvers so far this season. "It was a tough race today," said Leman. "I made a lot of good passes and was racing really hard to be in the finals again. In the semis I was in second place when another racer made a very aggressive inside pass over a negative turn. He clipped my tips and it spun me out, causing me to crash and miss out on the finals." Switzerlands Alex Fiva got his first victory this season, finishing ahead of Germanys Daniel Bohnacker and Swedens Victor Oehling Norberg. Louis-Pierre Helie of Berthierville, Que., finished eighth. In ski cross, four skiers race each other down a course of jumps and bumps. cheap nfl jerseys . One going for a fourth NBA championship, the other still chasing his first. This is the series where things change. "Were definitely going to go at him. Its not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers," Parker said Wednesday, referring to the first two teams the Oklahoma City Thunder demolished in the playoffs. wholesale nfl jersey . Lampards agent Steve Kutner has told British media that Chelsea has no intention of offering the veteran midfielder a new contract when his current deal expires at the end of the season. http://www.wholesalejerseysamerica... .Y. -- C.J. Spiller is the first to admit his transition from star college running back to NFL rookie was much more difficult than he had imagined. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysamerican.com/]cheap nfl jerseys china . The Victoria cyclist was seventh in Mondays stage to hold onto the pink leaders jersey, avoiding a crash on the final turn that took out several of the top contenders. wholesale jerseys . Pedro Alvarez provided the power. The reeling Pittsburgh Pirates eagerly accepted both.Two weeks after making critical remarks regarding NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, Washington Capitals defenceman Roman Hamrlik clarified some of his statements on Monday re-affirming his support for the players. "Maybe some people they took it too personal," said Hamrlik, who just returned from his native Czech Republic last week. "Its nothing against Don [Fehr] or some other people and the NHLPA. Im behind them and I always was and I always will be. "Everybody has different opinions and I think we should have started talking a bit earlier, that was my biggest point." While staying in the Czech Republic, Hamrlik raised a lot of eyebrows after speaking out about his displeasure with how the lockout was being handled. "I am disgusted," he told Daily Sport just over two weeks ago. "We have to push Fehr to the wall to get the deal. Time is against us. We lost [one-quarter] of the season, it is $425 million. Who will give it back to us? Mr. Fehr?" Hamrliks comments drew criticism from other players, but the veteran defenceman didnt back down.dddddddddddd "Ive been in the league for 20 years and faced three lockouts," Hamrlik later told TSNs Thats Hockey. "Theres only 14 other players in the league that are facing their third career lockout. I believe Ive earned the right to say what I think." On Monday, Hamrlik had softened his stance but remained focused on finding a resolution that would get the players back on the ice. "I talked to some players back home, some guys disagree and some guys agree with me," he said. "We are in the same situation, we are in the same boat, everybody is together and Im 100 percent behind the players. "When you look back its not about what I said, or what he said, or what they said. Its all about making a solution quickly and hopefully bringing a good solution to the table and start playing." Hamrlik added that hes tried to reach Fehr, but was unable to speak to him directly and believes he will speak to him soon. "This week is going to be crucial I think and its going to be interesting," he said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes