Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Brett Carroll from triple-A Nashville to - Country...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Brett Carroll from triple-A Nashville to

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/05 01:02AM
Latest post: 2014/04/05 01:02AM, Views: 264, Posts: 1
Brett Carroll from triple-A Nashville to
#1   2014/04/05 01:02AM
wxq123
COQUITLAM, B.C. -- Lydia Ko put on a show Friday at the Canadian Womens Open. Ko, a 15-year-old phenom who is still classified as an amateur, fired her second straight 4-under-par 68 to grab a share of the second-round lead with four-year LPGA veteran Chella Choi. Both Ko and Choi sat at 8-under 136. Ko, who was born in South Korea but has called New Zealand home since she was a tyke, continued a torrid season in which she has already won the U.S. Womens Amateur and a professional tournament in Australia. The Grade 11 student went bogey-free as she played the front nine in even-par and shot 4-under on the back. Ko indicated she was not feeling as much pressure as her more seasoned competitors were. "Im just here for the experience," she said. "But the professionals, on the other hand, its about how much money theyre going to get by each placing." Meanwhile, Jessica Shepley of Oakville, Ont., was the lone Canadian to make the cut. She made a bogey-saving on the 18th hole to finish with a two-over 74 that placed her right on the cut line of 147. "Obviously, thats not what I was looking for -- to have a 10-foot downhill, left-to-right slider on 18 to make the cut," said Shepley. "But it went in, so thats all that matters." However, veteran Lorie Kane of Charlottetown experienced heartbreak as she double-bogeyed her final hole and was one shot above the projected cut of 147. Kane finished with a 4-over 76 to follow an even-par opening round. "Thats not the way I wanted to finish, and I worked very hard today and grinded hard," said Kane. "Unfortunately, Im kind of feeling like (disqualified 2012 Canadian Olympic relay runner) Jared Connaughton right now, like I touched the line." Ko, who hopes to turn pro in a couple of years and also dreams of attending Stanford like her favourite golfer Michelle Wie, moved up from a first-round share of third place. Meanwhile, Choi, also a South Korea native, charged up the leaderboard with a sizzling 8-under 64. It was a big improvement from the first round, when she only managed an even-par 72 and found herself in 32nd place. Choi, who turns 22 on Saturday, said she was suffering from a sore shoulder in the first round, but a massage treatment paid off. "Im very happy," she said. "I dont know how I made the putts." But Ko knew what helped her. She was aided by caddy Brian Alexander, a longtime member of the Vancouver Golf Club. He has never caddied before and linked up with Ko by the luck of the draw after signing up with the tournaments caddy service. While many pros travel with their own caddies, Ko has to get them wherever she goes. She said it has been a challenge finding good luggers, but she has lucked out. "Two weeks ago at the U.S. Amateur, my mom caddied, and that is kind of a different feeling, because shes your mom and you have to listen to her," said Ko. "It was really comfortable having my mom there, but its also really relieving and comfortable to have some that knows the course off their hat, really. "Hes been here for, I think 10 years, so he knows where not to go and where to go. There were quite a few tricky greens." Alexander, a real estate developer, said he gave Ko tips on the course during practice rounds earlier in the week. However, she has been calling the shots since play began for real. Four golfers -- South Koreans Inbee Park and Na Yeon Choi and Americans Moira Dunn and Angela Stanford -- were all tied for third at 5-under under 139. Three other golfers, including 2009 champion Suzann Pettersen shared seventh place at 4-under 140. "Well, this a round that has a little bit of everything," said Pettersen after firing a 3-under 69. Her round included six birdies and three bogeys. She hoped to have a better read on the speed of the greens as she headed into the weekend. So how does it feel chasing a 15-year-old? "It feels like youre being beaten by a kid," said Pettersen. "I know shes good. The problem is, shes too young to understand where shes at." First-round leader and world No. 1 Yani Tseng struggled in with a 3-over 75 -- nine shots more than the day before -- and found herself tied for 10th. Tsengs putter let her down as she missed several birdie opportunities while only bogeying two holes. She doubled the par-3 second and had a single-bogey on the par-5 10th. "I still have two days to go and, hopefully, next two days, I can fight back a little bit," said Tseng. cheapjerseys.com . The teams formal attire will be black and white. The Nets began settling into their new neighbourhood Monday, unveiling new colours and logos at a sporting goods store on Flatbush Avenue, across the street from its soon-to-be-completed home arena, the $1 billion Barclays Center. cheap nfl jerseys . So Milwaukee coach Scott Skiles cleared the bench and watched his reserves tear off a 31-4 run, leading the Bucks to a stunning 93-92 comeback win over the Bulls on Monday night that snapped a three-game losing streak. Ersan Ilyasova scored 14 of his 18 points in the second half to lead the comeback, including 12 in the fourth quarter when Milwaukee outscored Chicago 30-12 to prevent the Bulls from taking over first place in the Central Division. http://www.comcheapjerseys.com/ . Kofi Kuma-Mintah, a defensive back with the Thunderbirds, has been banned from participating in any capacity, including training, says the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. wholesale jerseys . It was the third time this year that Azarenka won a title by beating Sharapova in the final after the Australian Open and Indian Wells. Sharapova struggled with Azarenkas power throughout the 1 hour, 28-minute match and also served six double faults in the opening set but cut back to only one double fault in the second. nfl jerseys china . Oates, a former Capital who was also chosen for induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Tuesday, was an assistant coach with the New Jersey Devils two years ago and helped guide the team to a Stanley Cup Final berth earlier this month. PHOENIX -- Another big performance by Ian Kennedy was just what the Arizona Diamondbacks needed, especially after all that happened the night before. Kennedy (11-3) gave up four hits, struck out five and walked two in his third straight win and the Diamondbacks got home runs from Justin Upton, Miguel Montero and Kelly Johnson to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-0 on Thursday night and split the four-game series. The victory came one night after a 5-2, 10-inning loss, a game the Diamondbacks blew after having Upton on third with no outs in the ninth and failing to score. That game was made far worse because shortstop Stephen Drew broke his right ankle sliding into home plate. Drew, out for the season, underwent surgery on Thursday to have a plate inserted and to repair torn ligaments. "Obviously youre down when you lose one of the best players on your team," Upton said, "but we had to turn the page today." Kennedy felt the absence of the player who has been Arizonas starting shortstop since the middle of the 2006 season. "Its kind of tough not seeing him in his locker today," Kennedy said. "Hes one of my good friends. Its tough to see that happen to not just one of your teammates but one of your friends." Kennedy joined an elite group of eight pitchers in the National League with at least 11 wins. Atlantas Jair Jurrjens leads the league with 12. "Thats nice. That just shows a good bullpen, a good team around us," Kennedy said. "And as a starting pitcher, you win ball games." After scoring 16 runs in two games, the Brewers fearsome offence fell silent. Not that they didnt have their chances Thursday night. They were 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position. "You get disappointed when you think you are playing pretty good and you come out and get shut out," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "I am glad we won some games on the trip but when you think about this game, its hard to be happy about what happened the last few days." The Brewers split the four-game series and wrap up their 11-game trip with three at San Francisco over the weekend. The Diamondbacks send Daniel Hudson in search of his 11th win Friday night against Colorado. Prince Fielder, the all-star game MVP on the same field nine days earlier, went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts. Still booed heartily by the Arizona fans who wont forgive him for leaving Upton off the Home Run Derby team, Fielder was 1 for 16 in the series. "He has been good so long that when he has two or three off games, a little of you is like What is wrong with Prince?" Roenicke said. "This is what every single hittter goes through.dddddddddddd" Zach Greinke (7-4) struck out seven with no walks in seven innings, allowing only five hits, but two of them were solo shots by Upton and Montero in the fourth inning. Johnson added a two-run homer off LaTroy Hawkins in the eighth, his team-high 17th of the season. Bryan Shaw and Ian Patterson pitched the eighth for Arizona, then David Hernandez completed the shutout in the ninth. Uptons 16th home run, on a 3-0 count, landed in the walkway far above the 413-foot sign in left-centre. With two outs, Monteros opposite-field shot made it to the fence in left, his 11th homer, to put Arizona up 2-0. "The two home run pitches, 3-0 to Upton I just threw one over the middle and hoped it would be an out, single or even a double," Greinke said. "He hit it well. Three-0 home runs are like, whatever. The other one it was a horrible pitch to Montero. With Upton you are playing with fire on a 3-0 pitch and Montero, I was a lot more upset about that one. I just did not execute the pitch." The Brewers fell into a virtual first-place tie with idle Pittsburgh in the NL Central. The Diamondbacks picked up a half-game on idle San Francisco and trail the first-place Giants by four games in the NL West. Kennedy escaped a jam in the fifth when Yuniesky Betancourt and Jonathan Lucroy singled with two outs. Greinkes sacrifice bunt advanced the runners to second and third. Corey Hart walked to load the bases, but Nyjer Morgan flied out to centre to end the threat. "That was the only time tonight where I felt like I didnt have command of a couple of pitches," Kennedy said, "but I also wasnt going to give them anything to barrel. I wasnt going to throw a cookie in there." Other than that, it was smooth sailing for Arizonas 26-year-old right-hander, who improved to 33-32 since coming to Arizona in a three-team trade in December 2009. Kennedy threw 114 pitches. He has topped 100 in all but one of his 21 starts this season. Shaw relieved Kennedy and immediately got in trouble. Hart led off with a single, then Morgan was hit by a pitch. But Ryan Braun, who had doubled to lead off the sixth, grounded into a double play. Patterson, a lefty, came on to fan Fielder on three pitches. Notes: The Diamondbacks called up former major league SS Cody Ransom from triple-A Reno to help fill the void left by the season-ending injury to Drew. ... The Brewers selected the contract of OF Brett Carroll from triple-A Nashville to take the roster spot of OF Carlos Gomez, who is on the DL after breaking his left collarbone Wednesday night. ... Kennedy is 4-1 in his last six starts. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes