Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

saying were in regular contact, and the - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

saying were in regular contact, and the

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/05 01:02AM
Latest post: 2014/04/05 01:02AM, Views: 256, Posts: 1
saying were in regular contact, and the
#1   2014/04/05 01:02AM
wxq123
FRISCO, Texas -- Jackson had a goal and two assists to help FC Dallas get a season high in scoring in a 5-0 victory over the Portland Timbers on Saturday night. Andrew Jacobson, Scott Sealy, Ruben Luna also scored for Dallas (5-10-7), which played without top offensive player Brek Shea -- left off the roster for disciplinary reasons. David Ferreira also had two assists and Dallas benefited from an own goal by Portlands Hanyer Mosquera. Dallas, which won for the second time in three games since a 13-game winless streak (07-6), hadnt scored more than twice in a game all season. "I think we put it all together," Jacobson said. "We had really good balance on the team, we attacked well, everyone defended well. Its kind of what weve been waiting for all season, just for it to click and know what it feels like when it works." The Timbers (5-11-4) lost their fourth straight, and third since general manager Gavin Wilkinson took over coaching duties from John Spencer on July 9. Portland remained winless in 10 road games (0-8-2) while being outscored 20-2. The Timbers have not scored a goal on the road since April 14 and set a league-record with a 697-minute road scoreless streak, surpassing the previous mark of 683 set by New York in 2009. "What is there to say? Im humiliated. I think we quit tonight," Wilkinson said. "Right now, were trying to fix a few broken things, and it showed tonight. This is unacceptable, completely unacceptable. Im humiliated. I feel terrible for the organization. You can have poor performances, but theres no excuse for your work ethic ever being poor. Tonight it was poor -- very, very poor." Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman needed to make just one save in recording his fourth shutout of the season. "Obviously the end results fantastic, something weve been wanting," Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said. "A good performance when you look at the team. It was probably production-wise, our best of the year. When you look at the team, when I evaluate players after every game, I think every player on the field was above average and you need to do that to be successful in this league." Shea, who scored 11 goals last season but has just three in 14 games this year, was seen arguing with coach Schellas Hyndman after being substituted out in the 64th minute of Dallas 2-1 loss to San Jose on Wednesday. He was told not to practice on Friday and may sit out some more. "I think its been a very, very frustrating season for Brek," Hyndman said. "I think the mental part with Brek is really affecting him and there was a flare-up at the San Jose game and you all know about it, but I think thats just kind of the tip of the iceberg, if I can say it that way. I think for Breks best interests, to get back to the Brek that we all know, I think now we just need to pull him away, take the pressure off him, let him think about what was going in your life last year for you to have such a great season and try to go back to what you were doing last year." Seven minutes after Portlands best scoring chance of the game resulted in Mike Fucitos shot ricocheting off the goalpost and rolling along the goal line, Dallas got on the scoreboard in the 16th minute. Jair Benitez delivered a cross from wide on the left side into the middle, intended for the charging Jackson, but Timbers defender Hanyer Mosquera slid to intercept the pass and inadvertently re-directed the ball past goalkeeper Troy Perkins and into the net for an own-goal. "Maybe it would have been a more competitive game," Wilkinson said of the Fucito play. "I dont think the players were mentally strong enough tonight. We looked tired. They put us under pressure and we didnt adjust." Jacobson put Dallas ahead by two in the 26th minute, notching his first goal of the season and just the second of his 89-game MLS career. After receiving a deft back pass from Zach Loyd, Jacobson drilled a 20-yard volley that whizzed past Perkins just inside the left post. "I thought we were doing a good job moving the ball," Jacobson said. "It was great movement from Zach, a great ball into him, I told him to just lay it off, and he pretty much just stopped it for me and just let me take a shot at me. It was set up really well." Jackson scored his second goal of the year in the 48th minute, while Sealy scored his first goal since 2008 when he received Jacksons lead pass, broke in alone on Perkins and drilled a 15-yarder just inside the right post in the 69th minute. The 20-year-old Luna converted another Jackson pass for a point-blank redirect in the 81st minute to complete the scoring. For Luna, who had made just four prior appearances totalling 40 minutes this season, it was his second career MLS goal in his 24th contest. wholesale jerseys . With the possibility of an upset hanging in the air at Hartwall Arena, the Canadian captain came through in the clutch Wednesday by scoring the winning goal in a 3-2 victory over Switzerland. wholesale nfl jerseys .C. -- Brian Shriver scored in the 88th minute as the Carolina RailHawks scored an upset 2-1 win over Los Angeles Galaxy on Tuesday, knocking the MLS champions out in the third round of the U. http://www.chinawholesalenflj... . His teammates saw it differently, so they didnt pass up a chance to razz the All-Star slugger when he got back to the bench. [url=http://www.chinawholesalenfljerseyscheap.com/]wholesale jerseys from china . According to French newspaper LEquipe, the 2014 Giro will start in the Northern Irish capital before crossing over into Ireland and heading into Dublin. wholesale nfl jerseys china . -- Groupie Doll charged down the middle of the track to win the $1 million Filly & Mare Sprint, restoring some order to a Breeders Cup dominated by long-shot winners.CHICAGO -- Jeff Keppinger isnt sure where hell play with the White Sox. He is certain Chicago is the place for him, though. The White Sox announced a three-year, $12 million contract with Keppinger on Monday after reaching an agreement last week, adding a versatile infielder who could fill a hole at third base. "I really like that city," he said on a conference call. "I thought it would be a good fit for me." Keppinger is set to earn $3.5 million next season, $4 million in 2014 and $4.5 million in 2015 after hitting a career-high .325 in 115 games with Tampa Bay last season. He made 41 starts at third base, 23 at second, 21 at first and 19 as the designated hitter. The White Sox have an opening at third and theres a good chance hell wind up there even though he never discussed that with them. Kevin Youkilis finished last season at the position for Chicago and is now a free agent. "I havent talked to anybody about where Im going to play," Keppinger said. "To me, it really doesnt matter. Ive played a lot of different positions throughout my career, and I feel comfortable at all of them. Wherever they want me to play, Im good with it." Just as important, his right leg is improving. Keppinger broke his fibula when he tripped down some stairs at home early in the off-season, terrible timing for a player on the market. He said hell be out of his walking boot on Tuesday and expects to be healed by the start of spring training.dddddddddddd "I thought I just rolled my ankle and sprained it," he said. "Im wearing flip-flops coming down the stairs and slipped. I tried to catch myself and I just didnt land right." Keppinger is a career .288 hitter over eight seasons with the New York Mets, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Houston, San Francisco and Tampa Bay. "His versatility gives (manager Robin Ventura) some options to move him around the infield, which was part of the appeal for us," general manager Rick Hahn said. "Obviously, if we were to start the season today -- which we obviously dont -- I would expect him to be the Opening Day third baseman, but theres still a fair amount of the off-season to go." He said the White Sox are still in contact with other teams and free agents. Catcher A.J. Pierzynski remains unsigned, too, but Hahn had no update on that situation. "Were not going to give any update on it," he said. "I think were better served by not providing conversation about conversations, blow-by-blow updates, on how the talks are going other than saying were in regular contact, and the dialogs been very open and honest from our perspective about expectations and fit. We expect it to continue in that vein until theres some resolution." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes