Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

outscoring Seton Hall 46-22 in the - Country Music...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

outscoring Seton Hall 46-22 in the

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/05 01:00AM
Latest post: 2014/04/05 01:00AM, Views: 253, Posts: 1
outscoring Seton Hall 46-22 in the
#1   2014/04/05 01:00AM
wxq123
CARMEL, Ind. -- Vijay Singh keeps giving himself chances to end four years without a PGA Tour victory. He made four birdies around the turn Friday for a 6-under 66 in the BMW Championship, putting his name atop the leaderboard for the second time in his last four tournaments. It wont get any easier the rest of the way. Tiger Woods was one shot behind. So was Rory McIlroy. Going into a storm-filled weekend at Crooked Stick, four players who have reached No. 1 in the world were among the top six. "Ive got to keep it going," Singh said. "Ive been playing well for two days for a while now, but I need four days of good playing. Sooner or later, I think four days is going to happen. And hopefully, it starts this week." Woods started slowly and finished strong, with birdies on his last two holes for a 67. McIlroy, coming off what he called one of the best ball-striking rounds of his life, had to overcome four bogeys for a hard-earned 68. Joining them one shot out of the lead was Ryan Moore, who had a 66 and seems to play well in the BMW Championship no matter which state it is held. Lee Westwood (65) and Indiana native Bo Van Pelt (69) were two shots off the lead. Canadian golfer Graham DeLaet, who entered the day in a four-way tie for the lead, finished with a 2-under 70 to drop three strokes back of Singh. The Weyburn, Sask., native birdied holes nine and 14 to fall into a seventh-place tie with South Koreas Seung-Yul Noh. DeLaet is ranked No. 60 in the FedEx Cup and facing elimination -- only the top 30 go to East Lake for the Tour Championship. David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., hit a 70 and is eight back at 5 under. Singh was at 13-under 131 on Crooked Stick, a Pete Dye course that is vulnerable to low scoring because of rain over the last several days. The second round was played early Friday to beat approaching thunderstorms, and the times were pushed back slightly Saturday to recover from whatever rain falls overnight. These are supposed to be the FedEx Cup playoffs. The scores make it look like the old Bob Hope Classic, especially after a week in which McIlroy won on the TPC Boston at 20-under 264. "You come to a Pete Dye golf course, and you dont expect to see 13-under par leading after two days," Woods said. He was happy just to be in the mix. For the second straight day, Woods wasnt particularly sharp in any area of his game except for posting a score. "I didnt have it with my swing," Woods said. "Just kind of fighting it around here. You look up at the scores, the guys are just running off. I just wanted to get to double digits (under par) today. I felt like that would have been a good accomplishment the way I was hitting the golf ball, and happy to get a couple of more." McIlroys mistakes all seemed to cost him, whether it was a three-putt bogey or bad lies when he missed the green. He was helped by a brilliant approach on the par-5 ninth to just inside 5 feet for eagle. "I put myself in a great position going into the weekend," McIlroy said. "The round wasnt quite as good as it was yesterday. I didnt hit the ball quite as well. But I still managed to get around in 4-under par. Im very pleased about that. I just need to try and find a little more consistency. It wasnt that bad out there, but just a couple of missed tee shots and a couple of missed iron shots." McIlroy and Woods are both going for a PGA Tour-leading fourth win of the year. Singh would settle for just one win at this point. His last victory was the Deutsche Bank Championship in 2008, the year he won the opening two FedEx Cup playoff events and essentially clinched the $10 million bonus. He would not have guessed that would be his last win. Since then, he has coped with nagging injuries and has been regaining his form and his confidence. He shared the 36-hole lead at the PGA Championship with Woods and Carl Pettersson, but a 74-77 weekend sent him plummeting to a tie for 36th. Two weeks ago, he was one shot behind going into the weekend at Bethpage Black until a 76-75 weekend dropped him into a tie for 46th. The big Fijian had a good weekend in Boston, but that only covered up a poor start. As for whats keeping him from four solid days, Singh isnt sure. "I have no idea," he said. "I guess I want it so bad that I get in my own way. So I just have to get out of my own way and just play. Last weekend I played better, but I didnt play well the first two days. Hopefully, I can go out there and just shoot two comfortable rounds this week." A comfortable round might not be enough. The pins were a little tougher for the second round, but thats not nearly enough to stop the best players in the world who can lift, clean and place their golf balls in the short grass before going after flags on rain-softened greens that putt smoothly because of only 70 players in the field. Its the perfect recipe for low scoring on any golf course, and thats been the case over two days at Crooked Stick. The average score over two days have been 69.6. Anyone not at 69 or better was losing ground. There already have been 21 eagles and 621 birdies over two days, which at least gives the sold-out gallery something to cheer. Bill Haas had the best round Friday at 64, despite a bogey on the 17th hole. There were 32 rounds in the 60s, and only 10 players failed to shoot par or better. That included three U.S. Ryder Cup players -- Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson and Steve Stricker, who had a 73 despite a hole-in-one with a 6-iron on the sixth hole. Hunter Mahan, concerned about an "empty feeling" after not being selected for the Ryder Cup, had a 73. Moore tied for 16th a year ago in the BMW Championship and finished third in 2010, both times at Cog Hill. He is at No. 35 in the FedEx Cup, needing to get into the top 30 to advance to the Tour Championship in two weeks for a shot at the $10 million bonus. Haas is at No. 28, and helped himself immensely with a 64. Haas won the FedEx Cup last year, saving par out of the water during a playoff, but a strange piece of history is working against him. No FedEx Cup champion has ever made it back to East Lake for the Tour Championship the following year. Much like Singh, however, Haas a lot of work left. Given the low scoring -- and theres nothing to indicate that will change -- the final two rounds of the BMW Championship would be wide open. Twenty players were within five shots of the lead, a group that includes Graeme McDowell, Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson. "Lets be honest," McDowell said. "Youve got to keep going low this weekend." nfl jerseys china .C. Lions victory over the Montreal Alouettes. The 36-year-old B.C. Lions slotback thought he would be in the lineup, despite a hamstring injury he suffered eight days earlier in Montreal, but coach Mike Benevides had other ideas. cheap jerseys . The defending Grey Cup champions were sent packing after a 33-12 loss to the B.C. Lions in the West Division semifinal Saturday at Mosaic Stadium. But the buzz around the locker-room was the sudden sacking of veteran quarterback Michael Bishop who was placed on waivers late Monday. http://www.wholesalejerseysamerica... . David Alaba will be out for up to eight weeks after suffering a fracture in his left foot. Alaba was injured shortly after scoring Bayerns first goal in a 3-2 loss to Napoli in Arco, Italy on Friday. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysamerican.com/]wholesale jerseys . Less than 20 seconds later, Bolt became sprinting royalty. The Jamaican again outduelled countryman Yohan Blake at the London 2012 Olympic Games, this time to win the 200m Olympic title in a time of 19. cheap nfl jerseys . Luis Cruz doubled home the go-ahead run in his second game with the Dodgers and stole home on the next pitch, leading Los Angeles to a 3-1 victory over Johnny Cueto and the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Dion Waiters netted a game-high 15 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the floor, leading the top-ranked Syracuse Orange to a 75-49 drubbing of Seton Hall in the opener of Big East conference play for both teams. Fab Melo dropped 12 points and pulled down seven rebounds to go with 10 blocks, while Brandon Triche finished with 11 points for the Orange, who remain perfect on the season at 14-0. "It feels great, it feels great," Melo said of his first career double-double. "Ive been working a lot and now it is paying off." Jordan Theodore paced the Pirates (11-2, 0-1 Big East) with 14 points, while Patrik Auda ended with six points and eight boards. Brandon Mobley scored seven points and Herb Pope donated four points to go with nine rebounds. Syracuse opened the game on an 8-1 run, before it was snapped on a layup by Theodore to make it 8-3 just over five minutes into the game. A pair of free throws by Baye Keita put the Orange up 10, 16-6, and a jumper by Waiters with less than 8 1//2 minutes to go in the first half gave Syracuse a 20-9 bulge.dddddddddddd A slam by Pope pulled Seton Hall within 22-14, but Syracuse then went on a 12-1 run over the remaining six-plus minutes of the first half to lead 34-15 at the break. In the second half, it was all Syracuse, as the Orange used a 13-7 burst to push their already comfortable lead to 47-22 with less than five minutes gone in the second half. A slam by James Southerland with just over five minutes to play gave the Orange their largest lead of the game at 33, 68-35. They shot 56.7 percent from the floor in the second half and cruised to the easy win. Game Notes Syracuse owns a commanding 46-16 lead in the all-time series with Seton Hall, and the Orange have won eight of the last 11 meetings, and 23 of the 28 matchups at the Carrier Dome....Syracuse dominated inside, outscoring Seton Hall 46-22 in the paint...The Orange turned 23 Seton Hall turnovers into 26 points...Syracuse got 40 points from its bench to only 16 bench points for the Pirates. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes