Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes - Country Music Tal...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes

Started by bestjordan, 2012/07/01 11:04PM
Latest post: 2012/09/16 10:32PM, Views: 701, Posts: 3
Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes
#1   2012/07/01 11:04PM
bestjordan
Their mother-daughter dynamic puts off Ms. Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes interviewee Mary Lou Quinlan. Most women buy high heels to wear or show off, Ms. Quinlan, a Manhattan marketing consultant, http://www.highheelzone.com/ sell high heelssaid by phone. She likens Ms. Shak to a collector of antique cars who acquires a jalopy, stashes it in the garage and then swallows the door keys.

Blame it on those first wobbly steps as a toddler playing dress-up with her mothers strappy numbers. Or the swimming pool accident that broke 7-year-old Beths foot. To cheer me up my mom bought me a camera, Ms. Shak said, glumly. I wanted high heels. From then on she was hooked.

At 12 she got them: canary-yellow Candies. By her 20s, she was seriously collecting. In her 30s, she joined the pro poker circuit. And how is picking the right shoe like playing the right card? Youve got to trust your intuition, Ms. Shak said.

Holed up in her second-floor shoe vault, she enthuses over her picks: silver stilettos encrusted with Swarovski crystals, http://www.highheelzone.com/ sell high heelsa black Louboutin platform generously embellished with the sort of googly eyes found on teddy bears, and her jewel in the crown, a sparkly pair of ruby-red stilettos by Alexander McQueen, who died in 2010.

Removing the softly molded leather from its tissuey nest, Ms. Shak marvels at the tilt of the heel and the sensuous line of the arch. She smiles, warm and wry: These shoes remind me of Dorothys in The Wizard of Oz. Alas, they wouldnt have lasted three paces on the Yellow Brick Road.

Ms. Shak concedes that even her favorite shoes sometimes feel as if they were designed by Torquemada. Then again, she insists comfort is the least important factor she considers in choosing footwear. Typically she falls head-over-heels at first glance, seduced by the thrill of slipping into a new persona.

High heels have a high transformational quotient, Valerie Steele, curator of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, said by phone. Try on a bathing suit in a boutique, and the unforgiving dressing room mirror reflects your same old self, exposing all your flaws. But try on a shoe, and your foot slips into a whole new identity. High-heel hoarding has been vigorously explored by Jayme Albin, a psychologist who appears in God Save My Shoes. In an e-mail Ms. Albin said that most collectors become almost aroused with pleasure from them, and that is the reward in itself.

Which might account for Ms. Shaks numerous one-night shoe stands. Of my 1,200 pairs, maybe 300 Ive worn one time, she said. Another 200 I still havent worn. In her suburban home she mostly pads around like the old-time baseball player Joe Jackson: shoeless.

A skeptic might ask why Ms. Shak needs 1,200 pairs of shoes when shes only got one pair of feet. http://www.highheelzone.com/ sell high heelsShe addresses that impertinence during the opening minutes of the documentary. I went through a period in my life where I was really unhappy, she says, and the only thing that made me happy was buying a pair of shoes.

Perhaps to atone for the $500,000 she has spent on retail therapy, she has given 200 pairs of her heels to charity and is starting a Web site called Beth Shaks Designer Shoe Swap. Im in a better place now, said Ms. Shak, who is divorced from an oil-futures trader. I buy less.

She buys partly with poker prize money. Her biggest jackpot ($328,683) was won at a 2007 no-limit hold-em tournament in Las Vegas while wearing $650 black Louboutin pumps.

Re: Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes
#2   2012/09/14 11:08PM
asdfsffs
Bringing a taste of the coach outlet online to the Stage at coach factory, coachfactory wowed us with color, prints and skin-baring pieces from Coach Outlet Online collection.Check out our entire calendar of online sample sales. Shop our guides to the best designer Coach Outlet and the best jeans.You get your dose of discount coach purses cheesiness thanks to the plastic-y material (admit it, it's fun to get a little tacky); then glistening crystals, crisp jewel clasps, and satin Coach Handbags Outlet refine the look for a cool juxtaposition. We all know that water is the most essential drink for the insanity video and look of your skin. Coach outlet is filled with minerals that's good for your skin and hydrates it while the essential coach outlet store online that moisturizes it as it exfoliates to become soft, silky skin.At some point "coach outlet style" referred to stylish people wearing their own clothes that they bought and put together in outfits themselves and then just went about their business.Coach factory has been making the rounds on Coach Factory. We think it would be better for our dating prospects to advertise our love of felines in a slightly more subtle way. Join our [url=https://www.coachfactory.com/store/default/storelocator]shop.coachfactory.c... and http://www.coachoutletonlineftc.com/ coach outlet online list for exclusive fashion updates. this is a cool alternative to those camo print parkas that you're starting to see pop up.

Re: Shaks fellow God Save My Shoes
#3   2012/09/16 10:32PM
pomkll
they had won canada goose parka the national championship in 1981, Indiana University teammates. While when Grunwald became

general manager of the Knicks lifelong, Woodson and Thomas also worked with dinner.
www.canadagooseoutletbay.com.
nike air max uk Novak et al, the Knicks lineup fame.
No superstar, this is the the Rockets lineup largest, they lack the star player who can play a team mainstay.Jeremy belstaff uk

Lin last season staged the grassroots a miracle, but he is from the superstar is still some way to go.
[url=http://www.belstaffjacketssaleuk.co.uk]www.belstaffjacketssaleuk.co.uk[/url...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes