Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

are at the Kansas City practice facility - Country...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

are at the Kansas City practice facility

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/04 06:51AM
Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:51AM, Views: 276, Posts: 1
are at the Kansas City practice facility
#1   2014/04/04 06:51AM
wxq123
ASHBURN, Va. -- Mike Shanahan made his name on the ground. During his 14 years coaching in Denver, the Broncos led the NFL in rushing while featuring six backs who gained at least 1,000 yards in a season. Not coincidentally, Denver won two Super Bowls, made the playoffs six times and enjoyed nine winning seasons. That kind of success has been much more elusive for Shanahan in Washington. The Redskins were 30th in rushing in 2010 and 25th in 2011. Their top two backs didnt total 1,000 yards in either season, with the team finishing 11-21. So for all the hype about rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, the Redskins arent likely to make a quantum leap in 2012 unless they get their running game going. Veteran Tim Hightower was the starter when he tore his left ACL in Week 7 last year. Roy Helu took over and ran for 100 yards in three straight games before getting banged up. Fellow rookie Evan Royster stepped in and gained 100 yards in each of the final two contests. So whos going to start this season? Hightower has the most experience and is the best at pass protection. Helu is the fastest and caught more than twice as many passes as his rivals combined in 2011. Royster had 5.9 yards per carry, which is significantly higher than Helus 4.2 or Hightowers 3.9. "I dont know whos going to be the tailback," Shanahan said. "I do know that I have three guys I have a lot of confidence in. With Tim coming off of an ACL, hes not even close to 100 per cent, but I see improvement every day. Helu and Royster . they both did a great job last year, (but) they both have been hurt. Can a guy stay healthy when he does perform? Is he consistent? "Some guys (are) more runners than pass protectors. If we can get a guy that can do it all, obviously wed like to leave that guy in . all the time." That sounds like Clinton Portis, their leading rusher in all but one season from 2004-09. But injuries took their toll and he was cut after the 2010 season. The intensity of the job for NFL running backs has changed over the last decade. In 2001, 10 backs had at least 300 carries. In 2011, only two did. "I dont know about the whole running back by committee thing," said Hightower, whos heading into his fifth season. "Some running backs may be better at certain things, may be better at blitz pickup, may be better between the tackles ... Theyre going to put the best guy on the field. I never want to come off the football field, but you also got to be smart and know that there are certain times where you dont give your team the best opportunity to win that situation." Asked how long he envisions the starting jockeying to last, Helu said, "It goes til February, absolutely." Royster, who was glad to get a chance to play In December after spending 10 weeks on the practice squad, isnt greedy. "If it ends up being a running back by committee thing, I dont think any of us would have a problem with that," he said. "We all have bright spots and we all have things that we need to work on. I can run the inside zone game pretty well. I need to work on the outside zone game and on pass protection." But not on his instincts. "Hes got a little wiggle to him, maybe the best wiggle of anybody in our running back group," Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger said. "Hes a good, solid dependable guy. We might be able to ride him all the way." And Lichtensteigers take on the three-way competition? "Its a good problem to have, right?" he said with a smile. Notes: Lichtensteiger, whos coming off a torn right ACL, was given a rest day on Saturday but wasnt on the field for Monday practice. Neither was reserve inside linebacker Jonathan Goff, who missed the last part of Saturdays practice with an injury to his right knee, the one with a torn ACL that sidelined him for all of 2011. S Tanard Jackson (strained calf), who was supposed to be activated from the physically unable to perform list on Monday, didnt work either. Cheap Jerseys From China . Speaking to a group of Associated Press Sports Editors, league counsel Jeff Pash said Friday the unions approach is "unfortunate." "They were protective of the players who could be disciplined in the next phase of this," Pash said. NFL Stitched Jerseys .J. Burnett was more concerned about stopping a team streak than extending his own run. http://www.nflcheapjerseysstitched.... . Seven relatively unknown young athletes, nominated by a group of British Olympic champions, simultaneously lit 204 copper petals, which rose to ignite the Olympic cauldron, which will burn throughout the duration of the Summer Games. [url=http://www.nflcheapjerseysstitched.com/]Wholesale Jerseys . Beauchemin-Pinard, from Quebec City, defeated Monika Burgess of Kitchener, Ont., by ippon -- or full point -- to take the bronze in the womens under-63-kilogram category. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . -- New Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan has met face-to-face with Dwight Howard, but the team isnt commenting on what was discussed.TEMPE, Ariz. - The Arizona Cardinals have removed running back Beanie Wells from the physically unable to perform list, clearing him to begin practicing with the team. Wells has been unable to practice since undergoing knee surgery after last season. Wells ruushed for more than 1,000 yards last season despite being bothered by the sore knee.dddddddddddd The Cardinals are at the Kansas City practice facility going through joint practices with the Chiefs leading up to Fridays game between the two teams. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes