Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

John Browns Store - Country Music Talk Forum. - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

John Browns Store

Started by jordanssb, 2014/04/04 02:50AM
Latest post: 2014/04/04 02:50AM, Views: 349, Posts: 1
John Browns Store
#1   2014/04/04 02:50AM
jordanssb
John Cheap Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey Browns Store

The latest incarnation of "that place at Falls Rd and Shawan" is summit at John Brown's Store, now serving Nepali and Indian food. They still seem to have all of the old sandwich and salad menu but they have added Indian and Nepali. I didn't try the Nepali but if you want MoMos in Hunt Valley, here's where you can get them.

The atmosphere right now is a little schizophrenic. I don't know if they plan to move more towards the Indian/Nepali side of things but right now, the interior looks Cheap Evgeni Malkin Jersey exactly the same. Except for the "Now serving Indian Food" sign over the door, there's no indication of the menu change at all.

The service is still "sandwich counter" style, you order at the counter and they bring the [url=http://www.hockeypenguinsshop.com/marcandre_fleury_jersey.html]www.hockeype... food to you but we never lacked for anything. Staff checked on us all the time to make sure we had what we needed.

I went for traditional Indian food and I wasn't disappointed. The vegetable samosa was light and spicy. The veggie pakoras were a little dense but that's probably. more >The latest incarnation of "that place at Falls Rd and Shawan" is summit at John Brown's Store, now serving Nepali and Indian food. They still seem to have all of the old sandwich and salad menu but they have added Indian and Nepali. I didn't try the Nepali but if you want MoMos in Hunt Valley, here's where you can get them.

The atmosphere right now is a little schizophrenic. I don't know if they plan to move more towards the Indian/Nepali side of things but right now, the interior looks exactly the same. Except for the "Now serving Indian Food" sign over the door, there's no indication of the menu change at all.

The service is still "sandwich counter" style, you order at the counter and they bring the food to you but we never lacked for anything. Staff checked on us all the time to make sure we had what we needed.

I went for traditional Indian food and I wasn't disappointed. The vegetable samosa was light and spicy. The veggie pakoras were a little dense but that's probably because they are made in advance and warmed up. We had the chicken saag and chicken tikka masala with a side of naan. All of it was good. Not great like you get at some of the really high end Indian restaurants but still very good. I would have liked a little more spice but I was dining with my mother and she ordered everything tamed down.

The family that is running the place now is very nice and very eager to please. If you want something that's not on the menu, ask and they will make it for you if they can. My mother asked for some raita and they made it without batting an eye. That might have been the best thing on the table, light and fresh despite the fact that it is 19 degrees outside.

Prices are a little higher [url=http://www.hockeypenguinsshop.com/evgeni_malkin_jersey.html]www.hockeypengu... than I'm used to ($15.50 for the saag and for the tikka masala). It seemed a little steep for counter service but that might be the HV mark up. I suspect that most of their business is carry out so the counter is a non issue.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes