Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

gets an opportunity he makes a play, - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

gets an opportunity he makes a play,

Started by wxq123, 2014/04/03 05:53AM
Latest post: 2014/04/03 05:53AM, Views: 289, Posts: 1
gets an opportunity he makes a play,
#1   2014/04/03 05:53AM
wxq123
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- For three quarters, the Memphis Grizzlies were out of sync and appeared to be just going through the motions. But a fourth-quarter rally fueled by a more energetic defence allowed Memphis to overcome its lethargic performance for an 84-78 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night. "We knew coming into this game that it was going to be a tough game," said Memphis forward Zach Randolph, who finished with 19 points. "The guys didnt play too well. It was a fight to the end." Marc Gasol matched Randolph with 19 points for the Grizzlies. Rudy Gay added 15 points and Quincy Pondexter had 10, including 2-of-3 shooting from outside the arc, as NBA-leading Memphis (10-2) won its second straight. Memphis played without starting point guard Mike Conley, who sat out with flu-like symptoms, and his absence was evident within the offence. Jerryd Bayless started in Conleys place, scoring nine points with six assists, while committing three turnovers. The lack of consistency resulted in only 16 assists and a season-low in points for Memphis, which entered the game averaging 100.7 points. "It wasnt tough. It was just different," Bayless said of the starting role. "I dont play with (the starters) ever. I always play with (the reserves). Its a much different setting. .Ive never really practiced with them either, so it was different trying to get used to that. We won, and thats all that matters." Anderson Varejao had 15 points and 22 rebounds -- including eight on the offensive glass -- and Dion Waiters also scored 15 to lead Cleveland. Daniel Gibson added 11 points for the Cavs, who lost their third straight and ninth in their last 10 games. The Cavaliers still held a six-point lead with 8:28 left, but Memphis closed the game on a 16-4 run. The Grizzlies outscored Cleveland 22-9 in the fourth quarter. "We took some bad shots," Varejao said. "We only shot 20 per cent, I believe, in the fourth quarter. It was just bad decisions, and then we had to find a way back into the game. "We are playing as good as them for the whole game, and the last 2 or 3 minutes are where we are losing." Cleveland had a 41-33 advantage on the boards, while Memphis outscored the Cavs 44-38 in the paint. The Memphis offence was sporadic at best through the first three quarters, leading to Cleveland holding a seven-point lead at that point. But Memphis opened the final frame with a 12-5 run, tying it at 74 on back-to-back 3-pointers from Pondexter and Gay. Cleveland wouldnt surrender the lead until Tony Allen hit a pair of free throws with 2:49 left to give Memphis a 78-76 lead. Randolphs inside basket with 1:29 to play extended the margin to 80-76, but a rebound dunk by Alonzo Gee with 44.5 seconds left cut the lead to 80-78. Cleveland got no closer as Bayless, who was only 3 of 11 from the field on the night, hit a jumper with 24 seconds left then converted two free throws for the final score. "I believe in myself and I got a good look, so I let it fly," Bayless said of the jumper. "I shot terrible. I didnt play well, and honestly it wasnt me, it was the guys who really picked us back up. It was my fault we got in the hole, and Ive just got to play better." Cleveland used 50 per cent shooting and a much more spirited approach than the Grizzlies to take a 47-42 lead at the half. Varejao had 11 points and 12 rebounds at the break. "Hes got a motor," Randolph said of Varejao. "Hes non-stop movement. He reminds me of myself a couple of years ago. Youve got to give him a lot of credit. He works hard. Hes non-stop." Randolph already had 13 points at the half, and Gasol and Gay had 10 apiece. While both teams committed eight turnovers before the break, Memphis seemed to be sleepwalking through the motions. "We should have played better," Gasol said. "We played their game, and we shouldnt have done that." Memphis came out in the second half and still appeared sloppy, allowing Cavs to build the lead to 10, their biggest of the game. Varejao was getting on the boards, and Cleveland continued shooting at a 50-per cent clip in the third. Allen and Gasol were providing the only energy for Memphis at the midway point of the third quarter as Cleveland maintained a lead of about five points. Varejaos jumper as the horn sounded at the end of the third gave Cleveland a 69-62 lead entering the fourth -- the first time this season Memphis has trailed at the end of three. But Memphis clamped down the defence with Allen guarding Waiters and holding the Cavaliers second-leading scorer scoreless in the fourth, part of Memphis limiting Cleveland to a 4 for 20 shooting touch in the fourth, including misfiring on nine of 10 from outside the arc. "As I told our guys, we just have got to keep competing like this," Cleveland coach Byron Scott said. "Sooner or later being in this situation this many times, we will find a way to break through it." NOTES: Memphis caused 18 turnovers, the 116th consecutive game where the Grizzlies have forced at least 10 -- the longest such streak in the NBA. ... Jeremy Pargo, who played for Memphis last season, is starting at guard for Cleveland with Kyrie Irving out because of a left index finger injury. Pargo finished with nine points. ... It was Varejaos ninth double-double of the season. His 22 rebounds were one short of his career high set earlier this season against Washington. ... Randolph ended the night with eight rebounds, marking the first time this season he hasnt recorded a double-double. cheap louis vuitton sale . Del Potro showed an impressive all-around game to help avenge a heartbreaking loss to Federer in the Olympics Games semifinals in August. "It was an unbelievable final," said Del Potro, who never dropped serve and raised his level in the decisive tiebreaker. Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale .C. -- The NFL has announced that Carolina Panthers backup defensive tackle Andre Neblett has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season for violating the leagues policy on performance enhancing substances. http://www.cheaplouisvuittonoutl... . Wray took over for Brodie Merrill who stepped down to an assistant while he and his wife wait for the arrival of their first child this summer. [url=http://www.cheaplouisvuittonoutletbiz.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet . -- The Washington Capitals re-signed centre Jay Beagle to a three-year deal worth $2. Cheap Louis Vuitton Outlet . Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said before Thursdays game against the Arizona Diamondbacks that doctors expect Gordon to make a full recovery. Gordon, injured Wednesday night sliding head-first into third base on a steal attempt against Cincinnati, had an MRI earlier Thursday and arrived to the clubhouse with a cast over his right hand.WINNIPEG -- Perhaps the Winnipeg Blue Bombers should replace the blue "W" on their helmets with a big red cross. The hurting continues for the 0-3 Blue Bombers, who are now without quarterback Buck Pierce due to a foot injury. Backup Alex Brink is taking his place Wednesday in Toronto. Thanks to injuries, the Bombers will play the Argos (1-2) minus right tackle Andre Douglas, slotback Cory Watson, linebackers Marcellus Bowman and Brandon Stewart, and defensive back Alex Suber. In all, there were more than a dozen players on Winnipegs combined injury list Monday and the Bombers still couldnt say exactly how long theyll be without Pierces services. But at practice Monday, there was at least one ray of sunshine piercing the gloomy grey skies above Canad Inns Stadium. Bomber coach Paul LaPolice is finally getting promising running back Chad Simpson into the lineup. Hell replace Bloi-Dei Dorzon, who was third on the depth chart before pre-season injuries removed both Simpson and the No. 1 tailback, Chris Garrett. Dorzon has 108 yards on 24 carries, as well as five receiving yards. LaPolice says Simpson has more ability as a receiver coming out of the backfield. "Certainly hes one of the most prepared pros we have, he said. "Hes as smart a running back as Ive seen in the last couple of years so I think hell do a good job picking up things." Simpson missed the first three games of the season due to a leg injury and says hes anxious to get on the field. Not that he suggests he could havve turned around the three Winnipeg losses.dddddddddddd "I really cant say what would have went differently but I know that some things should be different this game," he said. He played three seasons in the NFL, but sat out 2011. "Ive been out a year so missing any games is going to hurt me," he said. Brink also said he feels fine and able to lead the offence in Toronto. A hit in Edmonton last week bounced his head on the turf and led to talk of a possible concussion, but he insists he had no problems. "Ready to go," he said. "We had a short week of prep but I think in this case it was good. It got guys focused on this week and kind of put last week to bed." The humiliating 42-10 loss to the Eskimos was just the latest frustration as Winnipeg tries to get back some of the winning form it had early last season. There are signs LaPolice has started to come down harder on a team that has made plenty of costly mistakes in those three opening losses -- seven turnovers last Friday in Edmonton alone. "Just because youre out there doesnt mean youre performing at a high level," said LaPolice. He isnt shy about naming those he thinks are showing how the game should be played. "Chris Matthews, that guys getting a lot of plays because every he gets an opportunity he makes a play, he gets it right," said the coach. "Weve been talking a lot about the attention to details and if they dont, then you have to start making changes." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes