Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

people in the world to live in what is - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

people in the world to live in what is

Started by wxq123, 2014/03/31 11:49PM
Latest post: 2014/03/31 11:49PM, Views: 253, Posts: 1
people in the world to live in what is
#1   2014/03/31 11:49PM
wxq123
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- J.A Happ was outpitched by James Shields in his debut in Torontos starting rotation. Shields threw eight strong innings, Evan Longoria drove in a run in his return from an injury, and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Blue Jays 4-1 on Tuesday night. Happ (0-1), making his first start with the Blue Jays, gave up four runs and seven hits in 4 1-3 innings. He had made four relief appearances since being acquired from Houston on July 20. "The result is the only thing that matters, but I did feel better than, probably, the numbers indicate," Happ said. "I felt like I was making some good pitches. They used the whole field and they were falling for them, and werent falling for us. A frustrating one for sure." Happs previous start, while with the Astros, came on July 16. The left-hander threw 6 1-3 innings in a 2-0 win over San Diego. "I got upwards of 80 pitches in, and hopefully well keep moving from there," Happ said. Happ had five strikeouts and one walk. "They didnt square up too many balls," Blue Jays manager John Farrell said. "First time out, were not going to jump to any conclusions or judgments, certainly. This is an established major league pitcher." Blue Jays rookie Chad Jenkins, who had his contract purchased from Double-A New Hampshire on Sunday, worked three shutout innings in his major league debut. "He came in and threw the ball over the plate," Farrell said. "Had good sink to his fastballs. Showed a good slider as well. And didnt show any fear of contact. It was encouraging to see that kind of aggressiveness out of him." Colby Rasmus hit his 20th homer, a solo shot in the fourth, that got Toronto within 3-1. Rasmus, who had missed the previous two games because of tightness in his right groin, singled in the ninth. Shields (10-7) allowed one run and two hits. The right-hander was coming off a three-hit shutout last Tuesday at Oakland. "Shields really held us down," Farrell said. Longoria rejoined the Rays after missing 85 games because of a partially torn left hamstring. He went 1-for-3 with a sacrifice fly as the designated hitter. Fernando Rodney pitched the ninth for his 33rd save and completed the three-hitter. Longoria got a standing ovation before his first at-bat in the second, when Happ reached behind his legs to glove a grounder and then threw out the three-time All-Star. Longoria made it 2-0 on a bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the third, an opposite-field drive caught at the wall by right fielder Moises Sierra. Jeff Keppinger extended the lead to 3-0 on another sacrifice fly later in the inning. The Rays stopped a 22-inning scoreless stretch and took a 1-0 lead in the second as Ryan Roberts hit a two-out pop fly double down the right-field line and scored on Sean Rodriguezs single. Tampa Bay went ahead 4-1 in the fifth on Ben Zobrists RBI double. Notes: Farrell said OF Jose Bautista, out since July 17 with left wrist inflammation, still has some soreness on a small area of the hand and will undergo an MRI. ... Blue Jays INF Brett Lawrie missed his third straight game due to rib cage tightness. ... Toronto RHPs Drew Hutchison and Dustin McGowan are both scheduled to have surgery Thursday. Hutchison will have elbow ligament surgery, while McGowan is scheduled for arthroscopic surgery to evaluate the right shoulder joint. ... Blue Jays 3B Adeiny Hechavarria singled in the third for his first major league hit. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . The top-ranked McMaster Marauders defeated the No. 6 University of Western Ontario Mustangs 33-27 on Saturday in Canadian university football action. Wholesale Jerseys from china .J. Williams is on track to make his 2012 debut Sunday against San Diego after the Denver Broncos put him on their 53-man roster Saturday. http://www.nflcheapjerseysstitched.... . The president of LFC Toronto, Liverpools biggest supporters group in North America, cheers for Canadas first Major League Soccer team, but his heart still rests in Merseyside. [url=http://www.nflcheapjerseysstitched.com/]Wholesale Jerseys . While others perceived an improved Canadian performance over last weeks win over the U.S. Eagles, the former All Black saw his rugby team pay the price for abandoning its game plan. Cheap nfl Jerseys .C. - Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith is donating $100,000 to help the survivors of the movie-theatre shooting in Colorado pay for medical expenses.TORONTO -- Once again, Mike (Pinball) Clemons will serve as the face of the Toronto Argonauts franchise. The longtime Argos player, coach and executive will be featured in a special run of domestic stamps that will celebrate the Grey Cups 100th anniversary. The historic game will be played at Rogers Centre on Nov. 25. Canada Post unveiled a series of commemorative 100th Grey Cup stamps on Monday that includes one featuring a memorable occasion for each CFL team, as well as another depicting the Cup itself. Booklets will be available in post offices across the country starting Thursday. "When I was first asked (to appear on stamp), I was overwhelmed, I actually shed tears because its one of those things of Why me?" Clemons said. "Then it becomes one of those confidence things, you know, I wasnt bad! "But when I started to think back about history and all the greats, I suddenly realized it wasnt about me. Thats the great thing about our game, its the ultimate team sport. When I got to the era I played in, I said, Hold on. Doug Flutie? Matt Dunigan? Rocket Ismail? Mike OShea? I wasnt even the best player in my era. Why me? Well, I realized Im just a metaphor. "Im here because no one is bigger than the game. Today, I stand on behalf of seven other metaphors across our league, to position ourselves on a stamp that, well, is better represented by the great fans across our country who support our game." Clemons and CFL commissioner Mark Cohon were both on hand to help unveil the stamps during a news conference at Varsity Stadium. "Having the Grey Cup honoured, recognized and celebrated on our countrys stamps really is tremendous tribute," Cohon said. "Its a salute to the teams and athletes that have played this game for generations and having them on our stamps is a great honour for all of us. "More than that, I think its an honour for every Canadian who loves and cherishes and really supports the Grey Cup." Deepak Chopra, Canada Posts president and chief executive officer, said recognizing and honouring the Grey Cups rich history is in keeping with the corporations tradition. "One of the roles weve played since our inception is preserving the national heritage through our stamps," hee said.dddddddddddd "We have captured moments, personalities, history and this is another great opportunity to do that. "We live in the shadow of an 800-pound gorilla called the NFL and for a league to survive and thrive for 100 years is a tribute in itself. I think we owe it to the CFL as Canadians to show all of our passion and I think weve taken that responsibility through our stamps." The five-foot-six, 170-pound Clemons, currently the Argos vice chair, will appear on the clubs stamp in full uniform carrying the ball. It will also honour the 1950 Grey Cup game at Varsity Stadium affectionately dubbed the Mud Bowl because of the sloppy, wet conditions Toronto and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers were forced to play in. The Argos won the game 13-0. Clemons, 47, is also no stranger to the Grey Cup as his name appears four times on the historic trophy. The native of Dunedin, Fla., joined the Argos in 1989 and helped them win three Grey Cups as a player and in 2004 as the clubs head coach, becoming the first African American head coach in CFL history to claim a league championship. Clemons No. 31 jersey is one of only four that has been retired by the Argos. His determination and tenacity on the field are depicted in his nickname, but Clemons warm, broad smile and pleasant demeanour off it combined to make him one of the citys most popular athletes. And one of its most appreciative. "I stand here proudly, not as a player of the Toronto Argonauts but the Toronto Argonauts biggest fan," Clemons said. "I love the game, love the team, I love our league. "I came here to continue playing, I came for new hope to continue playing the game I love. I found a new home and I reached new heights and the greatest part of that whole thing is the opportunity, the platform, this great game has given me to share with others. "A great athlete before I once said, I am the luckiest man in the world. While I feel that way, Ive actually come to understand if its me thinking Im the luckiest, Im not giving enough credit to the rest of us in Canada. It might be said we are the luckiest people in the world to live in what is one of, if not the, greatest country in the world. This game is great because its Canadian." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes