Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

first-round action, Andrea Seppi twice - Country M...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

first-round action, Andrea Seppi twice

Started by wxq123, 2014/03/31 03:53AM
Latest post: 2014/03/31 03:53AM, Views: 256, Posts: 1
first-round action, Andrea Seppi twice
#1   2014/03/31 03:53AM
wxq123
PHILADELPHIA -- Shane Victorino will hear an unfamiliar sound at Chavez Ravine: cheers. The Phillies traded the two-time All-Star centre fielder to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday for reliever Josh Lindblom and minor league pitcher Ethan Martin. Philadelphia also gets a player to be named or cash for the 31-year-old Victorino, who can become a free agent after the season. The last-place Phillies then sent two-time All-Star right fielder Hunter Pence to the San Francisco Giants for three players. "Mahalo to the (at)Phillies and the AMAZING fans in Philly for a great run. A lot of unforgettable memories in this city. Ill miss you guys!" Victorino wrote on Twitter. Victorino is batting .261 with nine homers, 40 RBIs and 24 steals. He helped the Phillies win five straight NL East titles and the 2008 World Series championship. "Were excited to add an All-Star calibre player with post-season experience," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. "He plays the game with passion, gives us a top of the order bat from both sides of the plate, can steal bases and is solid defensively in the outfield." Victorino has been booed at Dodger Stadium since Game 3 of the 2008 NL championship series. Victorino took exception to a fastball thrown over his head by Hiroki Kuroda. He shouted at Kuroda while pointing at his own head and upper body as if to say: "Its OK to throw at my body, but not my head." Benches cleared, but no punches were thrown. Since that day, Victorino has been a villain to Dodgers fans. Not anymore. Victorino joins a team thats tied for first place in the NL West with the Giants. Though hes a three-time Gold Glove winner, he could move to left field because reigning Gold Glove winner Matt Kemp plays centre. Kemp, however, told team officials that hed be willing to move to left before the trade. Victorino primarily batted second in Philadelphias lineup, though he hit everywhere from first to sixth this season. Hes expected to lead off for Los Angeles, which hasnt had much production in that slot. Dodgers leadoff hitters have a .221 average and .279 on-base percentage this season. Victorinos on-base percentage is .324, down from .355 last year. "He is definitely a character and also he can handle in a real good way at times," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "Other times, hes also worried about everything. Really. Hes worried about somebody in the stands. Hes worried about this. Hes worried about that. Hes worried about everything. Youre like, can I question how focused he can stay for a long period of time? But I look at his talent, and his talent was tremendous." Victorino is the second major addition for the Dodgers in the past week. They acquired three-time All-Star and former NL batting champion Hanley Ramirez from Miami last Thursday. Los Angeles strengthened its bullpen late Monday night, acquiring former All-Star reliever Brandon League from the Seattle Mariners for two prospects. "Its been a whirlwind for the Dodger organization," team partner Magic Johnson said. "Were in it to win it. We dont want to wait till next year. We want to win right now." "Hanley Ramirez has really improved our lineup, and now Shane -- man, you need somebody with that type of speed. Hes gutty, hes gritty, hes tough-minded, and I think hes going to help the locker room as well as on the field. And hes a guy whos done it. So were excited about having him," he said. Lindblom was 2-2 with a 3.02 ERA in 48 relief appearances for Los Angeles. The 25-year-old righty has a 2.91 ERA in 75 career games. Hell bolster a bullpen thats struggled mightily this season. Martin, a 23-year-old righty, was the Dodgers first round selection with the 15th pick in the 2008 amateur draft. Hes 8-6 with a 3.58 ERA in 20 starts this season with Double-A Chattanooga. Victorino returns to the team that selected in the sixth round of the 1999 amateur draft. He was a winter league draft selection by the Phillies in 2004 from the San Diego Padres. The switch-hitting Victorino batted .279 with 181 doubles, 63 triples, 88 home runs, 390 RBIs and 179 stolen bases in eight years with the Phillies. In 46 post-season games, Victorino hit .269 with six homers and 30 RBIs. Victorino is making $9.5 million this season, and the Phillies werent going to give him the long-term deal hell seek in free agency. Under baseballs new labour contract, the Dodgers will not receive a draft selection as compensation if Victorino signs elsewhere during the off-season. Victorino, nicknamed the Flyin Hawaiian, was one of the most popular players on the Phillies in recent history. He was beloved by fans and was very active in various charities. "Wishing my Lil Hawaiian brother all the best & continued success. Although he is no longer rockin the P he has definitely left his mark!" shortstop Jimmy Rollins wrote on Twitter. cheap jerseys . The talented Portuguese were winless in three warmup matches and then lost 1-0 to Germany in their Euro 2012 opener. But after netting just one goal in four matches, Portugal finally found its scoring touch in a 3-2 win over Denmark. nfl holdjersey .J. Green, Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt and Tennessee Titans kick returner Darius Reynaud have been named the AFCs top players for the month of September. http://www.holdjersey.com/ . Di Vaio hasnt scored in five games, although the stocky forward seems to coming closer each time out for the struggling Major League Soccer expansion team. holdjersey . The third-ranked Murray, who finished the match with the roof closed at Ariake Colosseum because of rain, lost only two points in the first five games and even threw in a few drop shots. nba holdjersey . Viciedo, Chicagos No. 8 hitter, and the two batters on either side of him in the lineup, Alexei Ramirez and Brent Morel, all entered the game hitting under .200 -- and all three delivered Monday night in a 7-5 victory. PARIS -- Julien Benneteau was among three French winners in the opening round of the Paris Masters on Monday, downing Victor Troicki of Serbia 6-4, 7-5 to set up a match against countryman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Benneteau broke twice in each set despite Troicki serving 14 aces. The other local winners were Gilles Simon and Benoit Paire. Simon beat 2006 Australian Open finalist Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 7-5, 6-1, and Paire defeated Pablo Andujar of Spain 6-3, 6-4. Tsonga, seeded sixth and the 2008 champion, is among the favourites for the event. Novak Djokovic might withdraw to ensure he is fit for the World Tour Finals in London next week. The Serb, who has clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking, cancelled a meet-and-greet session with fans on Monday saying he wasnt "feeling well." The tournament is already without defending champion Roger Federer, who pulled out Sunday to rest before the season-endinng event.dddddddddddd. U.S. Open winner Andy Murray, who recently lost the Shanghai Masters final to Djokovic, will play on Wednesday and is feeling fit. "I had a full week of rest after Shanghai, which I needed," Murray said. "Ive had a pretty decent preparation for the tournament, which is good. "It doesnt make sense to come and save energy. Having a full week of rest at this stage of the season is something that in the past I hadnt really had, so I feel so much fresher coming into Paris than I had done the last few years. Ill try to play my best this week and then see what happens in London. I feel better at this stage of the year compared with last year." In other first-round action, Andrea Seppi twice came back from the brink of defeat to beat Martin Klizan of Slovakia 6-2, 2-6, 7-6 (5); Carlos Berlocq of Argentina beat Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan 7-6 (2), 6-2. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes