Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

defending by the hosts to cut the deficit - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

defending by the hosts to cut the deficit

Started by wxq123, 2014/03/31 03:51AM
Latest post: 2014/03/31 03:51AM, Views: 302, Posts: 1
defending by the hosts to cut the deficit
#1   2014/03/31 03:51AM
wxq123
BEAUMONT, Calif. -- Brandon Harkins, amateur Nate McCoy and Andrew Roque all share the lead at 3 under after Thursdays third round at the Canadian Tour 2012 Qualifying School. Harkins, a 2011 Canadian Tour member, managed to keep himself in the medallist conversation even after a third round of 2-over 74. Harkins opened his round with a 2-under par 34 on the front side at Oak Valley, but a couple of loose swings on the back nine saw him post four bogeys on his back nine. "I didnt play great today but Im not upset about it," Harkins said. "Today was really about survival and I didnt take myself out of it, so well look to keep doing what were doing and get ready for tomorrow." Harkins heads to the final round at Soboba Springs on Friday with the confidence knowing he has posted the lowest round of the week on that course. Harkins shot a 4-under 68 on Wednesday which shot him up the leaderboard and into a tie for second after two rounds. "Ill have the exact same game plan at Soboba tomorrow as I had earlier in the week," Harkins said. "I had success there hitting a lot of irons and hybrids and that wont change even though were in contention to win." McCoy, a recent college graduate from the University of Iowa, shot his second straight round of 70 to move him into a share of the lead. The 21-year-old amateur has chosen to remain as an amateur until the completion of NCAA regionals which go later this month. "I just graduated after a pretty good year and I wanted to make sure I could still compete one last time with my college team," McCoy said. "Once the NCAA Championship is over it is my intention to turn professional and hopefully it will be on the Canadian Tour. Roque shot a third round of 1-under 71 at Oak Valley, which moved him into a tie for the lead. Roque shot a tournament-best 66 at Oak Valley on Wednesday. "Ive had some good success on the Pepsi Tour down here in California and its really helped my confidence," said Roque following his second straight sub par round. "Im pleased with the way Ive played so far and Im looking forward to tomorrow and seeing how everything unravels." Cory Renfrew of Victoria was the top Canadian following three rounds. The 26-year-old UBC graduate shot 2-under 70 Thursday and will play in the penultimate group at Soboba Springs on Friday. Renfrew sits two shots back of the leaders at 1 under for the tournament. The top 30 players after four rounds will receive exempt status for the 2012 season. The next 30 players and ties will receive non-exempt cards. The current cut line after two rounds is 6-over par for an exempt card and 11-over par for a non-exempt card. cheap jerseys from china . Taylor Heinicke says the seniors were there first when Old Dominions fourth- year football program was being built to a high level of success. Cheap NFL Jerseys wholesale . He was 60. "The Cuban sporting family was moved today by the passing of one of the greatest of all time," said a statement read on the news Monday night. http://www.cheapjerseysfreeship... .C. -- Webb Simpson was nervous playing in the same group with Tiger Woods. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshippingnfl.com/]cheap jerseys . The Catalan club paid C8 million (US$12.7 million) to Palmeiras in 2008 for Henrique. Although the defender signed for five years, he did not fit into coach Pep Guardiolas plans for the club. cheap nfl jerseys china . Schussler was crowned the new womens 3,000-metre champion with a time of four minutes 9.51 seconds. The Winnipeg native placed ahead of Christine Nesbitt of London, Ont. MADRID, Spain -- Defending champion Real Madrid has made its worst start to a season in 39 years after losing 2-1 at Getafe on Sunday to stay winless following two rounds of the Spanish league and sit five points adrift of Barcelona. Madrid had led after 27 minutes through Gonzalo Higuain, before Juan Valera equalized for Getafe in the 55th. Another defensive lapse led to Abdelaziz Barrada scoring the winner from a counterattack in the 75th. Madrid hasnt begun a season without a victory in the first three games since 1973. The team drew in the opening round of the league and lost the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup to Barcelona, which needed late goals from Lionel Messi to beat Osasuna 2-1 earlier Sunday. The defending champions already face an uphill struggle to keep pace with Barcelona, with coach Jose Mourinho calling the gap "too many points." "We deserved to lose," Mourinho said. "We played very badly. An unacceptable game. Its one of those games which I leave without feeling frustrated because the result wasnt a surprise in the end." Madrids attack had out-of-favour Kaka absent and the defence was missing injured centre back Pepe, whose replacement Raul Arbiol allowed substitute Adrian Colunga to squirm free and set up Barranda for the winner. Madrid looked ready to run away with the match early on, with Mesut Oezil hitting the crossbar before Higuain controlled Angel Di Marias pass to elude goalkeeper Miguel Angel Moya and score from an angled shot. But Madrid seemed to lose focus after the break, allowing Valera to get in front of Xabi Alonso and head into the net. Barrada gave his team all three points with a rising shot that beat goalkeeper Iker Casillas. Making matters worse for Madrid, unused substitute Fabio Coentrao was red carded for words he said from the bench. "We have to admit that this is an unexpected setback," Alonso said. "We need to change things quickly, we have to improve our play." While Madrid looked listless in its capitulation, Barcelona hit back from Joseba Llorentes acrobatic opening goal and coach Tito Vilanovas sending off to secure a second straight win. Barcelonas loss at Osasunas Reyno de Navarra Stadium last season had played a part in the Catalan club llosing the title to Madrid, and the hosts looked destined for another win after making a confident start that resulted in Llorente getting his right foot at chest level to tap Roland Lamahs cross past goalkeeper Victor Valdes.dddddddddddd But Osasuna striker Juan Francisco Martinez failed to extend the lead after dispossessing Sergio Busquets in the 70th but striking the ball against the post. The tackle on Busquets led to Vilanova being sent off for protesting. But with Xavi Hernandez on for Andres Iniesta and Pedro Rodriguez for Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona soon found its way. Messi guided Alexis Sanchezs short pass beyond goalkeeper Andres Fernandez to equalize in the 76th minute. Osasuna went down to 10 men when Francisco Punal was red carded for arguing the goal was offside. Messi then latched on to Jordi Albas cross in the 80th for the winner and his league-leading fourth goal, giving Barcelona its first come-from-behind victory from a halftime deficit in Pamplona since 1960. "The season has just started and weve got a lot of players we can trust. We make the teams thinking about what we have and what we still have to come," Vilanova said of his lineup changes. "We didnt play very well, we conceded a lot of chances to our rival. But you have to be mentally strong to win these types of games." Barcelona visits Madrid on Thursday for the second leg of the Super Cup. Barcelona joined Rayo Vallecano on six points, while 10-man Sevilla has four after rallying for a 1-1 draw at Granada. Alvaro Negredo cancelled out Mikel Ricos 36th-minute opener -- which came after the sending off of Sevilla keeper Diego Lopez -- in the 44th. Abel Aguilar scored two goals as Deportivo La Coruna came from two goals down to draw 3-3 at Valencia for four points. Roberto Soldado had Valencia cruising at its Mestalla Stadium with two goals inside 28 minutes before Aguilar pulled one back in the 38th. Sofiane Feghouli re-established Valencias cushion before halftime, but Aguilar again took advantage of sloppy set piece defending by the hosts to cut the deficit to 3-2 in the 59th. Portuguese striker Pizzi stepped up to score a 76th-minute penalty equalizer after Valencias Ricardo Costa has been sent off for a second yellow card. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes